Sat, Sep 21, 6:41 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 21 3:32 pm)

Subject: Clothes for She-Freak

ookami ( ) posted Thu, 22 January 2004 at 3:01 PM · edited Mon, 15 July 2024 at 5:40 AM

I know she's been out for only 24 hours... but has anyone tried to convert clothing from V3 to She-Freak yet?

Artalgo ( ) posted Thu, 22 January 2004 at 4:23 PM

file_94700.jpg

I used The Tailor to convert several pieces of DAZ's V3 Huntress outfit to her. As you can see the clothes converted pretty nicely.

ookami ( ) posted Thu, 22 January 2004 at 7:49 PM

Did you have to do anything to the Joint Parameters?

Artalgo ( ) posted Thu, 22 January 2004 at 10:56 PM

No. Amazingly they worked without having to do anything to the JPs.

Wampyir ( ) posted Thu, 22 January 2004 at 11:21 PM

Artalgo, could you be a bit more specific? I tried to use the Tailor like you did, but got nowhere. I loaded the She-Freak first, then the Sleeveless Top. Program said She-Freak had zero morphs. Can you tell us what morph targets have to be moved to the clothing in order for them to work with She-Freak? Appreciate it; thanks!

ookami ( ) posted Thu, 22 January 2004 at 11:51 PM

Create a maniquin first. 1) Load Poser 2) Load the OBJ file for V3 (it's in GeometriesDAZPeople) 3) Click on the OBJ and load a morph target 4) Call the morph target SheFreak and load the She-Freak OBJ from the same folder. 5) Save the new creation as a Prop 6) Close Poser 7) Open up Tailor 8) Load the figure (load the prop, you'll have to manually specify .) 9) Chose (Morphs selected are like one morph) 10) Select the SheFreak morph 11) Tailor away

Artalgo ( ) posted Fri, 23 January 2004 at 12:30 AM

ookami's above instructions are exactly what I did.

Farside ( ) posted Fri, 23 January 2004 at 1:30 AM

JetM ( ) posted Sat, 24 January 2004 at 10:20 PM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

file_94701.jpg

help! I tried the steps above and everything seemed to work OK in Tailor, but when I conformed the outfit and hit the morph target, I got what you see. Tried some experimenting and found that the V3 OBJ imports in smaller than the figure. See my following post. What am I doing wrong?

JetM ( ) posted Sat, 24 January 2004 at 10:21 PM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

file_94702.jpg

Post to follow above. the colored Vicky is the CR2 version, the other is the OBJ

Artalgo ( ) posted Sat, 24 January 2004 at 10:36 PM

When you imported the V3 OBJ, did you uncheck all the boxes on the import screen? (This is missing from step 2 in ookami's above instructions.) Your second picture is what happens if they're checked. Also, are you using the blMilWom_v3.obj?

JetM ( ) posted Sat, 24 January 2004 at 11:19 PM

uncheck ALL the boxes. aha! Thanks, I'll give that a try

JetM ( ) posted Sun, 25 January 2004 at 2:30 AM

file_94703.jpg

Got it! It works! It works! Import with nothing checked

_Audrey ( ) posted Tue, 27 January 2004 at 5:15 AM

[Load the figure (load the prop, you'll have to manually specify .)] From Dodger: It's actually, even easier if you have a base conformer to build clothes on (which is a good idea to have), do this -- Open up your clothing base conformer CR2 and save a copy. Open up the V3 object and assign EVERYTHING to group hip and save it as a different OBJect. For instance, :Runtime:DAZPeople:V3_allhip.obj In the base conformer CR2 COPY, remove ALL references to any actor except BODY:1 and hip:1. This includes the addChild references in the figure{block as well as all the weld statements. Save. Load up the 'figure' in Poser. Load up each of the other unimeshes as morph targets for the hip (which is no the whole figure). For each of them turn the morph to 1 and create a full-body morph for the figure. This is just a convenience for you later. Save the figure to the library. Open up the figure in The Tailor and any V3 clothes you want on the She-Freak, and copy the She-Freak full body morph. (using the full body morph will force the Tailor to copy it with the FBM ERC dial) Do the same for any other unimesh figures you want to copy the clothing to. Save the clothing (as a new copy) Open up the morphing clothing. Dial up a figure. Export it grouped to a new OBJ. Point a copy of the base conformer for the target (i.e., the She-Freak figure) at the geometry you just exported. There are a few tricks for doing it even better in P5, but you'll have to figure out those tricks on your own. B^)

Bobbie_Boucher ( ) posted Thu, 06 January 2005 at 2:22 AM

So where does one get a base conformer?

unzipped ( ) posted Fri, 22 April 2005 at 7:26 PM

bookmark

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.