Fri, Sep 27, 2:35 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / DAZ|Studio

Welcome to the DAZ|Studio Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Guardian_Angel_671, Daddyo3d

DAZ|Studio F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 27 12:47 am)

Subject: Initial Reaction

Ricardo51 ( ) posted Sat, 24 January 2004 at 8:19 AM · edited Fri, 27 September 2024 at 2:26 AM

I'll stick with Poser 4. The last thing I need is a learning curve of this magnitude. The gap in the market was for a low cost rendering tool which would faithfully import a .pz3 (morphs, transparency, invisibility...everything Poser does) and do a better ray-tracing rendering job on it. I've heard good reports of Vue d'Esprit in this regard, but you have to pay for a lot of other features.

digiscott ( ) posted Sat, 24 January 2004 at 9:13 AM

what is daz studeo for? is it for makin characters?

kuroyume0161 ( ) posted Sat, 24 January 2004 at 9:22 AM

Everyone must remember that Daz|Studio is only in Alpha-stage production at this point. This isn't even a BETA yet - it's not nearly ready for prime-time. The release is basically for evaluation purposes only in order to gain user feedback on features and bugs so that the Beta release will be a nearly finished product. Also, I donot believe that there are ANY plugins available for it at this stage either - the first will probably be released with the Beta or later.

C makes it easy to shoot yourself in the foot. C++ makes it harder, but when you do, you blow your whole leg off.

-- Bjarne Stroustrup

Contact Me | Kuroyume's DevelopmentZone

xantor ( ) posted Sat, 24 January 2004 at 12:54 PM

Daz studio seems to be like the poser 5 firefly renderer with everything else left out. It is very slow, even compared to poser 5! It does look promising, though. Digiscott it is not for making figures, at least, not yet.

xantor ( ) posted Sat, 24 January 2004 at 12:57 PM

Digiscott if you join daz ( for free ) then for the next month you will automatically be a platinum club member and you will be able to download daz studio and try it out for yourself.

DCArt ( ) posted Sat, 24 January 2004 at 3:29 PM

Alpha and Beta stages of software are pre-release levels that are used to firm up design (alpha) and work out bugs (beta). It might be premature to make decisions on the product in this stage of the game. I haven't been able to use it much as it runs very slowly on my machine ... so I may wait for a beta release before I make a judgement. 8-)

Ricardo51 ( ) posted Sun, 25 January 2004 at 6:20 AM

I was hoping someone was going to give us poor techno-dummies somewhere to go after Poser 4 Poser 5: Take it away mommy I'm scared DAZ studio: OK it might be great eventually but I want it now - and I could have it if they'd set their sights a little lower

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.