Sat, Sep 21, 8:41 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser Technical

Welcome to the Poser Technical Forum

Forum Moderators: Staff

Poser Technical F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 17 7:30 pm)

Welcome to the Poser Technical Forum.

Where computer nerds can Pull out their slide rules and not get laughed at. Pocket protectors are not required. ;-)

This is the place you come to ask questions and share new ideas about using the internal file structure of Poser to push the program past it's normal limits.

New users are encouraged to read the FAQ sections here and on the Poser forum before asking questions.

Checkout the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: Making the movies and The 4.03 Upgrade.

Edgar ( ) posted Mon, 04 September 2000 at 10:48 AM · edited Sat, 21 September 2024 at 6:38 AM

Two questions. Has anyone noticed any glitches or problems witht he 4.03 upgrade for Poser? I ask because I haven't installed it yet and want to be prepared for whatever horrors might arise. Has anyone had any problems with making movies in Poser? On two different occasions I've rendered two different movies adn they've come out pretty 'choppy'. Tried rendering smaller sections, tried just rendering single elements (paste them all together in Premiere later) and had no luck... Any ideas on that? Any solutions?

Kevin ( ) posted Mon, 04 September 2000 at 5:42 PM

I think the 4.03 update is solid. I don't do animations and have not installed it, so maybe I'm not the right person to ask. Choppy animations are often due to the keyframing being set up using the wrong interpelation. There are 3? different models poser can use. Maybe you can try a different one?

Benny Goodman ( ) posted Wed, 06 September 2000 at 2:57 AM

Hi, Where can I find the latest upgrade for Poser4? And can anyone tell me who Poser's new owner is?(and its web address?) Thanks in advance Benny

Edgar ( ) posted Wed, 06 September 2000 at 4:04 PM

CuriousLabs is the new owner of Poser. I'm pretty certain you can find the upgrade at their site.

BigSerge ( ) posted Fri, 08 September 2000 at 3:50 PM

www.curiouslabs.com

knightman ( ) posted Sun, 10 September 2000 at 10:17 AM

The New 403 does not save the menu positions on exit, I called curious labs, it is a glitch and they are aware of it, also if your doing animations create your own lights and boost the shadow map resolution to about 80000, this will give smooth shadow edges, poser uses maps verses raytraced and you have to boost the maps past 1024 to get non choppy shadow edges, also turn the shadow darkness down a bit, keep in mind the the exaggeration poser puts in the keyframes for natural movement, sometimes you have to change the keyframe to linear to stop the overcompensation.

Oarman ( ) posted Fri, 29 September 2000 at 7:50 AM

I can't seem to boost the shadow map pass 1024 (both the dial and direct entry reset to 1024). How do you do it? Did you mean setting the resoultion to 8000 or 80,000 (that would use a ton of memory). Thanks for any feedback

knightman ( ) posted Sat, 30 September 2000 at 12:34 AM

Sorry, Oarman ...the lights that come up with the standard settings wont go past 1024 for shadow mapping, you have to create lights and get rid of the ones that normally come up. once you have your new lights they have more controls than the standard, shadow maps can go to 8000 and more if you have enough ram, ive got 64 meg and the maps top off at about 9500, yes this does take a lot of memory but poser isnt a ray tracer and uses mapping, you have to boost the maps to get superior results, I am looking into the poser to truespace plugin so I can render my poser anims in truespace wich is a raytracer and has bigtime render output. hope this helps... later

Oarman ( ) posted Sat, 30 September 2000 at 9:00 AM

Thanks, that helps big time but one last silly question? When I create my new light (Sun or Spot) I get a bunch of new dial controls but Shadow and Map size are gone. what am I missing - Thanks again

knightman ( ) posted Sat, 30 September 2000 at 6:28 PM

Light dials.. once your new spot is created you have dials for angle start,angle end, distance start,distance end,SHADOW,MAP SIZE,x rotate,y rotate, ect. hope this helps you oarman. by the way I am dumping poser 4.3, im going back to the ghost effects version, here is a list of problems.. BVH motion does not work correctly SAVE STATE doesnt work and is too annoying LIPSYNC software im using doesnt like the curious labs update JUST ALL AROUND not comfortable with the new software maybe in newer versions curious labs will do a better job but for right now ghost effects version is the best, ive used all versions extensivly and this is my opinion. no trouble with the previous versions. good animating everyone..

Oarman ( ) posted Sat, 30 September 2000 at 9:22 PM

I think I'll do the same with the poser patch. The problem I'm having is that I don't get the Shadow or Map Size dials when I create my own lights. I understand what you mean but I don't get the dials I expect. Has anyone seen this before? OR>

JanP ( ) posted Sat, 14 October 2000 at 2:37 PM

So far as I can tell The Curious labs version IS the Ghost Effects version but with the new Curious Logo and that stupid feature that checks for other poser progs on a network Pete

Kevin ( ) posted Wed, 18 October 2000 at 10:09 PM

There is also suposed to be a UI interface bug that got introduced. But I'm happy with 4.02, so I have never seen it.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.