Fri, Sep 20, 4:01 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Fractals

Welcome to the Fractals Forum

Forum Moderators: Deenamic

Fractals F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 27 11:19 am)

Subject: artists names in the fractal contest

agnesdodart ( ) posted Tue, 27 January 2004 at 10:49 AM · edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 3:58 AM

Since the 1rst fractal contest I found it distracting to view the artists names under the thumbnails. Is it possible to remove them, and maybe put them back once the voting has ended? What do you think?

DreamWarrior ( ) posted Tue, 27 January 2004 at 1:25 PM
DaMonk ( ) posted Tue, 27 January 2004 at 2:08 PM

Great idea!

joeydude ( ) posted Tue, 27 January 2004 at 5:21 PM

I agree too, plus that might help eliminate any possible prejudices at the same time! :-)

agnesdodart ( ) posted Tue, 27 January 2004 at 6:19 PM

Another idea would be to put (optional) image titles instead of names; then to announce the winning creations and their authors (something like: first place goes to "image title" by "username")...

tresamie ( ) posted Tue, 27 January 2004 at 6:35 PM

Since this is just a challenge, and not a contest, it seems we are doing it the informal way, after all, there is no prize. I would guess that to remove all the names would be quite a chore for Nick at this stage, but maybe it could be done for the next one. It's nice to have someone working with us again! I know the Bryce forum uses artist names, but the Terragen forum uses just numbers. The Challenge arena still puts all the images and votes in a regular thread :O !!

Fractals will always amaze me!

Ardiva ( ) posted Tue, 27 January 2004 at 8:03 PM

I prefer not using names as well. Anything but, is fine with me. :-)

tyllo ( ) posted Tue, 27 January 2004 at 8:29 PM

I agree with agnesdodart too! Numbers are absolutely OK.

bclaytonphoto ( ) posted Tue, 27 January 2004 at 9:07 PM

Once a challenge/contest has begun, ya can't remove the names.. BUT, on the other hand it's quite easy to make the next one work that way.. I have three challenges/contest each month, all of them are anonymous. (excecpt for the last one where I forgot to check the box!) It's also a lot easier for the challenge manager to tally the forum votes if they are done by numbers.. Trust me on this one!! :-)

www.bclaytonphoto.com

bclaytonphoto on Facebook

bclaytonphoto ( ) posted Tue, 27 January 2004 at 9:09 PM

I don't think there is a way to put them back once it is over.. But, the wiiners can be announced by name...

www.bclaytonphoto.com

bclaytonphoto on Facebook

Ardiva ( ) posted Tue, 27 January 2004 at 10:52 PM

I agree, pushin....these posts are just for future reference. :-)

Ardiva ( ) posted Tue, 27 January 2004 at 11:09 PM

Agnes..did anyone else having IE click on the URL that agnes put up here?

nickcharles ( ) posted Wed, 28 January 2004 at 2:13 AM

Thanks for the suggestion. I do agree that would be best all-around. Nick

Nick C. Sorbin
Staff Writer
Renderosity Magazine
......................................................................................................
"For every breath, for every day of living, this is my Thanksgiving."
-Don Henley

CriminallyInsane ( ) posted Wed, 28 January 2004 at 4:36 AM

Since most people put their name directly on their images I don't see what difference this will make... Unless you adhere to a rule of not accepting any image that has been tagged?

agnesdodart ( ) posted Wed, 28 January 2004 at 11:06 AM

Hi everyone,

Sorry for the bad link in my last post, I hope nobody clicked on it... it shouldn't happen again, I think I fixed the problem...

Anyway I just wanted to say that having image titles instead of artists names was just a suggestion for the next "challenge" (not "contest", OK, OK... English is not my native language!); I read a few similar requests in the voting thread, so I thought I would just raise the question in the forum.

But if it's too much work for the coordinators and if most people are comfortable with the current system, well it's no big deal for me!

:-)

DreamWarrior ( ) posted Wed, 28 January 2004 at 12:32 PM

Agnes, what happened if you clicked on that link?

My crafts - My Freebies - My Store - Delightful Arts

agnesdodart ( ) posted Wed, 28 January 2004 at 2:21 PM

well, err... you were directed to an "adult" website (the link added itself automatically when I posted my thread, which was removed from the forum later on); so I cleaned my computer and it shouldn't happen again!

jockc ( ) posted Wed, 28 January 2004 at 4:56 PM

how is a 'challenge' where winners are picked not a contest?

tresamie ( ) posted Wed, 28 January 2004 at 9:18 PM

LOL there is a prize for contests, and just more work for a challenge. :)

Fractals will always amaze me!

Ardiva ( ) posted Wed, 28 January 2004 at 9:45 PM

Agnes..I clicked on it and somehow it blew out my IE..couldn't bring it up again and was forced to format my C:drive and re-install everything. :-(

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.