Thu, Sep 19, 6:44 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 6:38 pm)

Subject: Attention all Poser forum members

Kendra ( ) posted Sat, 31 January 2004 at 1:06 PM

"There is someone, no names please, who seriously needs to take a good look in the mirror and cut the pretentious self-righteous condescending. It's disgusting and hypocritical, laughably so, and more importantly, does nothing to help the situation that this certain person criticizes. Quite the opposite."

I agree and this latest little "hand slap" should apply to her inciting as well.

I don't see the problem. People get into discussions and they express their opinions. Topic drifts happen in face to face conversations, it's bound to happen in a forum discussion. When a discussion is locked at the whim of a mod just because they have the key what they hell do they expect? That left unsaid will come out elsewhere again. This "problem" does not exist elsewhere where members are free to say what they want. Something to consider, eh?

But regardless, at least we adults do have one place to go.

...... Kendra

Kelderek ( ) posted Sat, 31 January 2004 at 4:37 PM

How many feet does Renderosity still have to shoot themelves in? They must be running out... (Poser. There you go, I said it, so the post is now officially Poser related)

mickmca ( ) posted Sat, 31 January 2004 at 8:14 PM

ding ding ding...2 points to Caly No fair! It was coined to describe Ayesha in She (H. Rider Haggard) a century ago. Hence the lady's "name".... And after that, Rumpole used it as his pet name for his wife. Who the heck is Voldemort? M PS: Oh, nooooooo! I'm OT!!!!! I run for shelter!!!!

Towal ( ) posted Sat, 31 January 2004 at 8:17 PM

Voldemort is the "bad guy" in Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone. They refer to him as He Who Must Not Be Named.

fauve ( ) posted Sat, 31 January 2004 at 9:36 PM

Actually, Ayesha (and Mrs Rumpole) were referred to as "She Who Must be Obeyed", not "Named." slaps self for being nitpicky

synergyauto ( ) posted Sat, 31 January 2004 at 9:49 PM

Attached Link: http://www.Synergy3D.Net

Seems like everyone else is jumping on the sales bandwagon of this very popular forum thread, so what the heck.... Come discuss whatever you want about anything at all and start a Digital Art site the way *you* like it, where management actually listens!

Khai ( ) posted Sat, 31 January 2004 at 10:06 PM

'Voldemort is the "bad guy" in Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone. They refer to him as He Who Must Not Be Named.' thats Philosphers stone ;) no such thing as the sorcerers stone ;)

Towal ( ) posted Sun, 01 February 2004 at 12:26 AM

Attached Link: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0241527/

Well ok, but my copy of the movie is called Harry Potter and the Scorcer's Stone (see link) and they refer to it as the Sorcerer's stone in the movie as well /shrug

PoisenedLily ( ) posted Sun, 01 February 2004 at 12:38 AM

Khai is in the UK, in the UK it was called (both the movie and the book) The Philosophers Stone. It was only called the Sorcerer's Stone in the US. That is the confusion. No big, and man I gotta get me a life if I know all that! lol CheeriO! Gina

Towal ( ) posted Sun, 01 February 2004 at 12:49 AM

ah well that makes more sense then. I didn't realize there was more than one version. I believe the book is called Sorcerer's Stone over here too. I haven't read any of them yet.

KarenJ ( ) posted Sun, 01 February 2004 at 3:52 AM

I believe the film was renamed to "...Sorceror's Stone" as it was felt there would not be as much interest from American audiences in something with the word "Philosopher" in it. ...which, sad to say, has led to some snickering and feelings of superiority over here in the UK at you "lowbrow yanks" (j/k) OK guys, you may have Hollywood blockbusters, enormous fridges, and shopping malls the size of an English town, but us Brits aren't afraid of the word Philosopher! LOL

"you are terrifying
and strange and beautiful
something not everyone knows how to love." - Warsan Shire

cherokee69 ( ) posted Sun, 01 February 2004 at 6:12 AM

This entire thread is OT, has noting to do with Poser, and should be moved to the OT forum or Community Center forum. This thread is all about Rosity. I've seem many threads pretaining to Rosity, slowness of Rosity, and other things pretaining to Rosity moved to the OT forum or Community Center. If they want to crack down one the Poser forum, they can prove they want to do that by moving this thread. Otherwise, they should just give it up.

Khai ( ) posted Sun, 01 February 2004 at 6:48 AM

jeeze yup. in the US it's called Sorcerer. The rest of the world, it's Philosopher. The book, before the movie came out in the US, was Philosopher. In History, Alchemists looked for the Philosophers Stone, the stone that could turn base metals to gold and extned life. Hence my comment that there is no sorcerers stone. Blame some idiots in the movies that seem to think that ppl in the US are morons with no IQ for changing something that did not need to be changed at all.

mysticeagle ( ) posted Sun, 01 February 2004 at 8:04 AM

Personally after having paid big bucks for poser, and still learning how to get the best out of it, I have learned to take the rough with the smooth, put two people in a room you can have an argument, 3 ,a riot and 4 a party. I love the content here, i've had great help over the last year, and looking forward to more. All I am saying, is give peace a chance

OS: Windows7 64-bit Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2430M CPU @ 2.40GHz, 2401 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)  6GB Ram
Poser: Poser Pro 2012 SR3.1 ...Poser 8.........Poser5 on a bad day........
Daz Studio Pro 4.5  64bit

Carrara beta 8.5

Modelling: Silo/Hexagon/Groboto V3
Image Editing: PSP V9/Irfanview
Movie Editing. Cyberlink power director/Windows live movie maker

"I live in an unfinished , poorly lit box, but we call it home"

My freestuff   

link via my artist page

Replicant ( ) posted Sun, 01 February 2004 at 12:06 PM

Looks. Laughs. Leaves again.

Expert in computer code including, but not limited to, BTW; IIRC; IMHO; LMAO; BRB; OIC; ROFL; TTYL. Black belt in Google-fu.

Kendra ( ) posted Sun, 01 February 2004 at 12:56 PM

Some people really need to chill and stop trying to control things to their liking. Or do you go to a party and try to control all the discussions around you?

"I believe the film was renamed to "...Sorceror's Stone" as it was felt there would not be as much interest from American audiences in something with the word "Philosopher" in it."

I find it interesting that they do that. I have two versions of one of my favorite books, one published in the US and one in the UK. There were differences that the UK publishers asked her to change that I found amusing. One of which was a disclaimer that the characters use of herbal remedies shouldn't be tried by the average person. (as if someone would try to grow their own penicillin after reading a piece of fiction) :)

...... Kendra

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.