Tue, Oct 1, 9:41 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 01 3:49 pm)

Subject: Button, button, where's the button..Poser 4 question

pakled ( ) posted Mon, 02 February 2004 at 9:47 AM ยท edited Tue, 01 October 2024 at 9:39 PM

I'm not dim, just forgetful..but there's an option..somewhere, that allows for imports to keep hard edges, instead of looking like mashed 'tater sculptures, in Poser 4. Trying to import a 3ds temple in for Vickie..finally rendered in Bryce, but I was surprised at how good Vickie Lo-res looks in here natural element. Just let me know.

I wish I'd said that.. The Staircase Wit

anahl nathrak uth vas betude doth yel dyenvey..;)

PhilC ( ) posted Mon, 02 February 2004 at 10:02 AM

The "button" is called UVMapper. Open in that application and look for "Split Vertices". In the Pro version its under ToolsVerticesSplit. Save in OBJ format and import into Poser. All the building edges will now be crisp.

philc_agatha_white_on_black.jpg

ockham ( ) posted Mon, 02 February 2004 at 10:03 AM

The best option is to use the "split vertices" tool in UVmapper.

My python page
My ShareCG freebies

pakled ( ) posted Mon, 02 February 2004 at 10:18 AM

eh? so Poser 'softens' anything that's imported, regardless? I thought it was in Poser..no wonder I can't find it..;) UVMapper..hoo boy..been putting off using that; I get stuck at a certain stage..but that's a posting for another forum..;)

geep ( ) posted Mon, 02 February 2004 at 9:44 PM

file_96621.jpg

Poser Import Options: If you "Weld Vertices" you will get soft rounded edges. Poser will "bend" the light around the edges. If you do NOT "Weld Vertices" you will get hard edges that will render with a sharp edge. * *Provided that the object being imported does not already have the vertices welded If they are, use UVMapper (or other) to "Split vertices." cheers, dr geep ;=]

Remember ... "With Poser, all things are possible, and poseable!"

cheers,

dr geep ... :o]

edited 10/5/2019

pakled ( ) posted Tue, 03 February 2004 at 9:47 AM

THANKS! I dunno..I'm using Wings 3d to create these, and I usually take the defaults, haven't used the 'weld' command yet (I know, it's not the same thing..;) I'll give it a shot..

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.