Tue, Oct 22, 6:52 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 22 6:50 am)

Subject: Can I put my runtime folder on a different drive?

nontroppo ( ) posted Tue, 03 February 2004 at 2:19 AM · edited Sun, 20 October 2024 at 10:21 AM

My c: drive is toooo full thanks to all the goodies I've added to my runtime. Is there a way to move the entire runtime folder to another drive on my computer, and make Poser find it? Where are the preference settings in Poser to make this happen? Thanks!

Mazak ( ) posted Tue, 03 February 2004 at 3:28 AM

If you have Poser 5 you can create multiple runtime folders on your drives. If you have Poser 4 you must move the complete installation to your new drive. Mazak

Google+ Bodo Nittel 

Calseeor ( ) posted Tue, 03 February 2004 at 8:17 AM

As mazak said, with Poser 5, sure. I have 3 runtime folders. Two on the same drive as poser and one on a different drive. Works beautifully.

Bobbie_Boucher ( ) posted Tue, 03 February 2004 at 9:10 AM

Why not just move your entire Poser installation over to that other drive?! I have a 120GB hard drive reserved for Poser.

dolfijntjes ( ) posted Tue, 03 February 2004 at 9:44 AM

I have poser 5 and have many runtime's on a different drive why? Because if one drive crashes I don't loose everything

DarkElegance ( ) posted Tue, 03 February 2004 at 12:40 PM

I have several runtime folders that I switch in and out of the poser I am using. it CAN be a pain in the rump as the bigger runtimes take upto and hour to move. BUT it can and does save space and the problem of searching for things.{I have one folder for V3....one for V2 etc etc this way all their cloths mats props are with them. no searching for ever through a HUGE list} also usually you have to close poser down to move one in and one out. BUT as I said it does save space as I keep the other runtimes on another drive. I am using poser pro. {P.S. also keep backups on disk. trust me just do this}

https://www.darkelegance.co.uk/

Commission Closed till 2025

madkat ( ) posted Tue, 03 February 2004 at 2:05 PM

If you have more than one run time folder how does poser know which one to pull up in the Library when you are running Poser?

DarkElegance ( ) posted Tue, 03 February 2004 at 5:25 PM

the other runtimes are not on the same drive. and I have no problem with poser opening the one that is in the poser folder. it only opens the one that is in the poser folder in programs. the others I keep in a folder called"My poser libraries" then in sub folders of"V3""V2" and so on. I guess that is why poser doesnt look for them

https://www.darkelegance.co.uk/

Commission Closed till 2025

catlin_mc ( ) posted Wed, 04 February 2004 at 8:55 AM

The list at the side containing the runtime, if you click to go up a level you will see two folders, one for Poser5, one for downloads. At the very bottom of the list there is a plus and a minus sign, when you click the plus it gives you a browse list and you just locate your other runtimes and click ok. Works like magic and I've discovered since I did this a couple of days ago that Poser seems to be much more stable with the runtime on the other drive. 8) Catlin

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.