Fri, Sep 20, 11:31 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 6:55 am)

Subject: Can someone Post a wireframe of the new baby from Cubed

PheonixRising ( ) posted Wed, 04 February 2004 at 7:36 AM · edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 11:31 AM

Attached Link: Cubed

file_96909.jpg

I am so glad to see someone do a baby properly. Anyone post a template or something? I was curious about doing textures but wanted to see the template. Can anyone who has it show the template or wirefram or both? I plucked the image from their product showcase thread to show those who don't know what I am talking about. -Anton

-Anton, creator of ApolloMaximus: 32,000+ downloads since 3-13-07
"Conviction without truth is denial; Denial in the face of truth is concealment."

NEW The Poser FaceInterMixer

PheonixRising ( ) posted Wed, 04 February 2004 at 7:39 AM

Also what is included in the pack?

"Conviction without truth is denial; Denial in the face of truth is concealment."

stephaniebt ( ) posted Wed, 04 February 2004 at 8:10 AM

That's a really cute baby, but still has a bit of that little old man look but without that ugly neck roll. From the product description it comes with a sleeper, diaper and bottle. I'm tempted to buy it but it's $43+ USD.

KateTheShrew ( ) posted Wed, 04 February 2004 at 8:27 AM

The package includes two babies, sleeper, diaper, bottle, pacifier, textures, mat poses, animated and still poses, and expressions. Tons of morphs (but no fairy ears) AND you can pose the toes separately. So far I'm having a blast with mine. They pose very nicely and the facial morphs and expressions are more realistic. There are three templates - 2 bodies and one head. Kate

wolf359 ( ) posted Wed, 04 February 2004 at 9:33 AM

"I am so glad to see someone do a baby properly. Anyone post a template or something? I was curious about doing textures but wanted to see the template." why dont you just buy it?? if you plan developing content for a specific poser figure would nt you want to have the actual figure to test your content for accuracy??.

My website

YouTube Channel

PheonixRising ( ) posted Wed, 04 February 2004 at 9:43 AM

I have a certian way I like to texture and although I love the look, the mapping affects my interest. Aside from doing textures I wouldn't every use the baby so I would rather not buy it just to see the mapping. If I like the mapping I would then likely buy it to do the textures.

KateTheShrew ( ) posted Wed, 04 February 2004 at 9:54 AM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

file_96910.jpg

Ok, here are the templates, scaled down to fit the kb limits. They're not color coded.

KateTheShrew ( ) posted Wed, 04 February 2004 at 9:55 AM

file_96911.jpg

Female body template

KateTheShrew ( ) posted Wed, 04 February 2004 at 9:56 AM

file_96912.jpg

and the head which works on both babies

KateTheShrew ( ) posted Wed, 04 February 2004 at 9:58 AM

As you can see, the put the tongue and inner mouth on the body templates to leave more room for the head. Hope this helps, Anton. Kate

Little_Dragon ( ) posted Wed, 04 February 2004 at 9:59 AM

I'm tempted to buy it but it's $43+ USD.

They'll be splitting up the full product into separately-purchasable male and female infants. You're still getting more in the individual packages than with DAZ's Millennium Baby.

I'm more interested in the Poser replacement animals they're developing. Particularly the horse, lion, and wolf.

PheonixRising ( ) posted Wed, 04 February 2004 at 10:03 AM

Cool Kate. Thanks a bunch. I love the chubby little hands. :)

KateTheShrew ( ) posted Wed, 04 February 2004 at 10:08 AM

Me too, Anton. And I like the way the legs and arms are a bit more tapered so that it doesn't look like someone just dialed up the "fat" parameters. It's a much more integrated looking model than the daz babies.

Little_Dragon ( ) posted Wed, 04 February 2004 at 10:14 AM

I just noticed from the UV-templates that they're "anatomically correct." I was wondering about that earlier.

PheonixRising ( ) posted Wed, 04 February 2004 at 10:16 AM

I like the manageable polygon resolution count. Looks like about 20-30,000 polygons. It shows that it isn't the number of polygons but rather what you do with them.

Himico ( ) posted Wed, 04 February 2004 at 10:17 AM

They are cute! Very nice.
Anton, thank you for the information.

I am also very much interested in animals.
Little_Dragon, ate they developing animals for Poser replacement? Great.

Little_Dragon ( ) posted Wed, 04 February 2004 at 10:29 AM

Himico: Yes, ChrisD announced in a new thread over in the Product Showcase forum that Cubed is creating new versions of the dolphin, lion, wolf, raptor, and horse. Brand-new high-resolution meshes, fully posable eyes, interior mouth parts, the works. Millennium-class.

BekaVal ( ) posted Wed, 04 February 2004 at 10:31 AM

They look very cute and babylike! To me all the proportions seem realistic. BTW, the Cubed page says 49 Euros, that must be some more than $43. But no fairy ears? Dang, next thing, they will tell us they are not compatible with wings. ;)))

PheonixRising ( ) posted Wed, 04 February 2004 at 10:40 AM

file_96913.jpg

I see cupids coming this Valentine's Day. They need wings and arrows and they are ready to go. Reminds me of a commercial that had babies floating on clouds with little tiny feathred wings. Image done in Photoshop

PandaPride ( ) posted Wed, 04 February 2004 at 12:13 PM

omg they are beautiful!!!!!!!!! I want!!!!!!! :OD -_Essie

ronstuff ( ) posted Wed, 04 February 2004 at 1:51 PM

Well, I'm extremely impressed, and I like the mapping a lot more than the method used with M3 and V3. Although because it's split there are two seams to deal with but they look relaxed enough to do some texturing on the sides. It also looks like better control of the surface aspect ratio than in the Mill-3 series and that's more important to me than having an one less seam.

estherau ( ) posted Wed, 04 February 2004 at 5:12 PM

Hmm, the elbows looks a bit funny in that image Anton posted. But they are cute babies! BTW Anton, how is your arm? Was it really broken? Love esther

MY ONLINE COMIC IS NOW LIVE

I aim to update it about once a month.  Oh, and it's free!

Ben_Dover ( ) posted Wed, 04 February 2004 at 5:31 PM

Hey! Them's good lookin' babies =)

Mec4D ( ) posted Wed, 04 February 2004 at 6:39 PM

they looks great as for the geometry.... the UV's need a little more work but not bad at all but where we can buy the cute babies?? I search the market right now and see nothing?? Cath

"Surrender to what it is - Let go of what was - Have faith in what will be "

ChrisD ( ) posted Wed, 04 February 2004 at 7:04 PM

Attached Link: http://www.cubed.ie

file_96914.jpg

Who says there aren't elf ears?!?! Look here... At the moment, you can only buy them from the cubed website. (see link)

Mec4D ( ) posted Wed, 04 February 2004 at 7:10 PM

Thanks for the link :)) cute!!!!!!

Mec4D ( ) posted Wed, 04 February 2004 at 7:27 PM

when I hit the button it asked me for $64,99, if they sell this package as separate items they will make maybe more business...

richardnovak77 ( ) posted Wed, 04 February 2004 at 8:35 PM

fantastic...

ChromeTiger ( ) posted Wed, 04 February 2004 at 11:27 PM

BTW, the commercial with the flying babies was Angel Soft bath tissue (toilet paper). And with those ears, I see little demon babies coming...especially with the look on his face!

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Thu, 05 February 2004 at 3:17 AM

I went to Cubed's website. Seems they're the ones responsible of the Poser 5 family too. Now I have always thought that the P5 family was an updated version of Dork and Posette, but made more or less from the same mesh. Is that wrong? Or does it mean that the guys at Cubed also created the old Zygote/Poser 4 people?

FREEBIES! | My Gallery | My Store | My FB | Tumblr |
You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA
  Using Poser since 2002. Currently at Version 11.1 - Win 10.

Little_Dragon ( ) posted Thu, 05 February 2004 at 4:29 AM

Yes, the P5 figures were partially derived from the P4 Male and Posette meshes, although I believe the heads were completely replaced. Posette and the P4 Male have their origins with DAZ/Zygote.

Mec4D ( ) posted Thu, 05 February 2004 at 6:37 AM

From what I see Dork and Judy use the same heads morphed from Poser4 male dork... Cubed set the figures setup only of the poser5 family if I good remember.. My question was is the baby a new geometry or is just reworked ? it is well low poly model so if you are going to create a print it will cost much post work to get the edges round.. Please don't get me wrong it is very nice and cute creation but I will give max $30 (not $64,99) for this and start working on a new textures because this one looks more like a cartoon in place of real and in so small renders there are not much details at all.. Cath

ChrisD ( ) posted Thu, 05 February 2004 at 7:21 AM

Hi Kasia, We have created new packages as follows: Baby Dylan - includes Dylan model - all morphs, conformable diaper, all textures and MAT files. 24.99 Euro Baby Jenny - includes Jenny model - all morphs, conformable diaper, all textures and MAT files. 24.99 Euro Baby Clothing and Props - Includes Sleeper (conformable only for P4 and PP - conformable and dynamic for P5) conformable diaper, bottle, soother, and textures. 9.99 Euro Baby animation and poses - Includes 10 still poses, 2 animated poses and 6 facial expressions. 9.99 Euro They take a little time to get through the staging at RegNow but they should be in the shop by tomorrow. We will still be offering the existing all-in-one package. Chris

Mec4D ( ) posted Thu, 05 February 2004 at 8:13 AM

Thank you Chris, I think the new separate products will give the customer more freedom.. :)

sandoppe ( ) posted Thu, 05 February 2004 at 6:55 PM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/messages.ez?Form.ShowMessage=1646174

I think these are an original model. Here is another thread about the babies. Chris provides a bit of information on them as well as the P5 people and how they were created. I purchased the babies last night at $64.99 USD and am very pleased. When you tally up what you get and what it would cost you to buy them individually (using the DAZ model of marketing), it's a pretty good deal given the quality. Although I am glad to see that they are providing other options. The morphs on these BTW, are way cool!

Little_Dragon ( ) posted Thu, 05 February 2004 at 8:39 PM

For those who are wondering, at current exchange rates ....

49.99 = $62.73
24.99 = $31.36
9.99 = $12.54

elizabyte ( ) posted Thu, 05 February 2004 at 9:50 PM

still has a bit of that little old man look but without that ugly neck roll Aww, c'mon Steph. ALL babies tend to look like little old men, at least some of the time. ;-) bonni

"When a man gives his opinion, he's a man. When a woman gives her opinion, she's a bitch." - Bette Davis

ChrisD ( ) posted Tue, 10 February 2004 at 7:31 PM

The individual baby files are finally up! Sorry for the delay. Chris

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.