Sat, Sep 21, 3:14 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Photography

Welcome to the Photography Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Photography F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 12:22 pm)

Subject: Deleting favorite artists

enax ( ) posted Thu, 05 February 2004 at 2:14 PM · edited Sat, 21 September 2024 at 3:07 PM

When someone adds me in his/her list of favorite artist I save the ebot and when I have time I go to his/her gallery and I take a look at his/her images. By this way I discovered some artist for my list too. Today I was revising these recent ebots and I saw that one of these artists have deleted me. I saw this with other artists too.
I'm wondering, would be possible that the "artist deleted" will receive and ebot where those who deleted him/her could explain the motive like "I don't like your photos now" or "you want peace and I want war" or "I delete you because you didn't add me" dunno, something to know why somebody deletes you.
I think that this could help us to improve as photographers and perhaps as persons.

Michelle A. ( ) posted Thu, 05 February 2004 at 2:24 PM

Hmmm.... I can understand why someone whose been deleted would want to know, but maybe the one who deletes would wish not to say why..... I know I don't feel I should have to explain myself to anyone about how I manage my Home Page. I've deleted fav artists before... reasons? Lets see.. a) they don't upload very often so I probably won't be missing anything b) I've lost interest in their work c) I have too many in my list and the ebots are out of control, someone's gotta go.... d) or I've gone insane, in which case I always add them back in when I'm done with my fit of madness.

I am, therefore I create.......
--- michelleamarante.com

enax ( ) posted Thu, 05 February 2004 at 2:45 PM

I don't say that you explain how you manage your home page.

But a little explanation can be interesting or just an ebot like:

This is a notice to inform you that the Artist has deleted you of their Favorite Artists list.
This is the reason: "-------"

Michelle A. ( ) posted Thu, 05 February 2004 at 2:49 PM

No I understand enax... :~) I probably shouldn't have worded it that way.... This is a notice to inform you that the Artist has deleted you of their Favorite Artists list. This is the reason: "insanity 8~0" Hugz! enax.... I wonder how others would feel about this option?

--- michelleamarante.com

enax ( ) posted Thu, 05 February 2004 at 2:58 PM

sigh I'm in your page yet :)... hugz Michelle

Michelle A. ( ) posted Thu, 05 February 2004 at 3:00 PM

You always will be in my page.... no worries about that, for your work I couldn't bear to miss.

--- michelleamarante.com

Anugama ( ) posted Thu, 05 February 2004 at 3:29 PM

I dont think there is any need to explain or justify ones reasons for deleting someone from their favorite artist list, if it happens you just got to be mature about it and except it. I would think that there would not be one ego here so large that would really be bothered by it too much. In the end it is a personal decision and that decision must be respected without pressure of explanation.

enax ( ) posted Thu, 05 February 2004 at 3:52 PM

@Anugama: Well, I only say an ebot to know it, as I receive an ebot when somebody adds me, just this, an ebot, nothing to see with Freud or my mother... @Michelle: you too :)

Nilla ( ) posted Thu, 05 February 2004 at 4:08 PM

At one time I had deleted quite a few favorite artists who didn't post everyday, figuring that I would catch up with them in the Photo gallery as I use the favorites list for commenting, and that has been working for me, actually I have been thinking about deleting all of my favorites, because it would make me browse the gallery more often and comment on more photos, I was thinking it would be a simpler process for me...? OK, OK I plead insanity! Is insanity a bad thing? ;) Brenda ;)

Michelle A. ( ) posted Thu, 05 February 2004 at 5:14 PM

Enax I would suggest going to the Community Center Forum... if you really want this feature, post your idea there. Usually if enough members want a feature added they will get to it eventually, sometimes it takes quite a while.... but they do listen to requests. :~)

--- michelleamarante.com

FearaJinx ( ) posted Thu, 05 February 2004 at 5:38 PM

To be honest...I delete someone because I get tired of there style or bored with their art. You know? Jinx And Enax, I like your idea!

enax ( ) posted Thu, 05 February 2004 at 6:07 PM

@Michelle, this is just a reflexion to know the opinions here, not so important. @Nilla: I'll say you why I'll add you, because your skys are a dream. @FearaJinx: These are reasons "I get tired of your style" or "I get bored with your art" perhaps this could help the artist and he/she could try to experiment new ways.

lejimi ( ) posted Fri, 06 February 2004 at 2:20 AM

Enax's idea doesn't seem so bad to me, as far as explanations are an option.

Alrisha ( ) posted Fri, 06 February 2004 at 4:15 AM

I think, that sometimes people are disappointed.... When I did many photos like portraits in style Glamur, to me frequently there came messages, that I am added in their lists of favorites... But when I have gone in a nature, animals and a genre, some love have faded... :(

Raven_427 ( ) posted Fri, 06 February 2004 at 5:33 AM

@Alrisha, i think that's an overall prob over here. Do portraits and you'll have visits and favs more than you want, do nature and even if you're as good as enax and some others are, you'll fall back. We have to live with that i guess. It doesn't have to do with disappointment or faded love .. just with the taste of the masses .. hey, take a pic of a nekkid woman and you'll get them running - sad but true - but look over to the poser-gallery ... it's far worse over there :)
@Enax: i'm not sure about your idea. It would be nice to be informed .. but that explanation-thingie? Than we're there again with giving true and honest critique. There are people in my favs i'm thinking about deleting. But why? Maybe my taste changed, maybe i just don't like their style anymore but that doesn't make their pics worse. But that could be what they think .. the more if this is said without explaining. So, without the possibility to explain what i think, i'd prefer not to have that option. And i'd like to see a button "don't tell enax about it" :-) .. just joking .. no chance to delete you g Sorry if this sounds all to strange .. i'm preparing the "gone mad"-explanation too!

Alrisha ( ) posted Fri, 06 February 2004 at 6:34 AM

@Raven_427 : Yu right ....

enax ( ) posted Fri, 06 February 2004 at 6:59 AM

@lejimi: I agree with you, the explanation must be an option.

@Juliet: You are right, photos of girls have more viewers, I remember some of these photos and I remember the exquisiteness and elegance of some of them. If somebody has deleted you of their list, maybe he/she will miss the surprises that you have reserved for us.

@Tom: Out of my list!!!! LOL I'm writing here and I have ebot's of your uploads to enjoy and comment and I'll do this :)

Tedz ( ) posted Fri, 06 February 2004 at 10:55 AM

I showed a Nude Man in My Posting the other Day...I got lots of new Favorites, however, when they discovered that the Nude Man was not Me....they dropped Me like a Hot Potato.....now...how mean is that!!!!.....ooh....my Insanity is showing...revolving eyes....Hugz :0

Michelle A. ( ) posted Fri, 06 February 2004 at 8:40 PM

What I would like is a way to see a listing of who has me on their favorites.... just out of curiousity, that might be interesting. I usually take a quick peek when I get one of those ebots notifiying me I've been added but I don't save them..... as a result I have no clue whose list I'm on....

--- michelleamarante.com

cynlee ( ) posted Sat, 07 February 2004 at 12:06 AM

i was curious as to that too 'chelle... sometimes i get slightly stressed by another "you've been added to so-so's fave artists" ...oh, the pressure... you don't want to let them down... they've seen your gallery! they know what you're capable of maybe you've lost your inspiration but then at the same time it's so uplifting :D (hehe... kinda sounds like performance anxiety) i'd probably crawl under a rock if i got too many "you've been dropped..."

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.