Sun, Sep 22, 10:22 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 22 2:04 am)

Subject: Meet Fara...new skin texture I'm working on (very slight nudity)

Solo22 ( ) posted Mon, 11 September 2000 at 1:10 PM ยท edited Fri, 02 August 2024 at 10:39 PM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/viewed.ez?galleryid=19921

file_133440.jpg

click on the link for a Large version of "Fara's Time out" Image. Hi, I'm working on a new skin texture for the poser4 fem. And I was wondering if there are any programs that would alow me to paint on textures straight onto a 3D object. Right now I'm using the texture map in Photoshop to create the texture...but it ends up stretched out in areas that curve around the figure. Please let me know what program(s) would work wonders for this. Any help would be greatly appreciated. (The Image above is of the texture I'm working on.) Solo22 solo22@citenet.net

Chailynne ( ) posted Mon, 11 September 2000 at 1:31 PM

Deep paint 3d will. Steve Shanks has a tutorial on the Internet Eye 3d site. http://interneteye3d.com/Tutorials/prev/dpposertut/default.asp

Jaager ( ) posted Mon, 11 September 2000 at 6:20 PM

Painter 3D will also provide this function, however this is not where the problems lay. It is an artifact of the underlying UV map. How ever you put the color on, it will still be on the same 2D map in the end. If you have DP3D with Texture Weapons - you can remap the area. But you now have a new geometry and have invested $1000 +/- in programs. The quick and dirty way out is to use a larger skin map. If you double the X Y size of the map - you get 4 times the resolution. ( and 4 times the file size).

Solo22 ( ) posted Mon, 11 September 2000 at 7:07 PM

well at the moment the texture is 2750x2750pixels...but the the problem is that the texture stretches to mouch around the arms legs etc... would oainter 3D help?

Mark ( ) posted Mon, 11 September 2000 at 7:30 PM

DP3D with Texture Weapons might help some, it will let you distort the texture as you paint without remapping (ortho projection). Painter 3D won't help.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.