Tue, Oct 22, 8:18 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 22 7:36 am)

Subject: Michael's neck: ring around the collar??

Marque ( ) posted Mon, 11 September 2000 at 8:00 PM · edited Tue, 22 October 2024 at 6:49 AM

Someone else had this problem where a black line shows up at the section where the neck and body textures join, anyone know how this was fixed? I bought the two texture sets for Michael from the store here and that's where I first noticed it. It doesn't happen with the texture set that came with Michael under the exact conditions, so I know it's not lighting. Can anyone help with this? Marque

milamber42 ( ) posted Mon, 11 September 2000 at 8:16 PM

A lot of people have discovered flaws with Michael. Were this many flaws discovered with Victoria? I can't remember.

Wynter ( ) posted Mon, 11 September 2000 at 9:07 PM

Don't remember either. Got Michael, haven't tried him yet. One thing about Zygote, though, they tend to fix their flaws. So keep reporting. I know they're reading these messages.

nitreug ( ) posted Mon, 11 September 2000 at 9:29 PM

I publish this black line situation the first day. What I did, I used the map version of Michael. I just use a few head changes and render and this is what I got. I think the Asian buttom for the head made it. I got a few problem with the Asian buttom. It was not only with black marks but with the rendering. I was just try to apply texture from Catharina from the store and after a few rendering, my Poser got frozen on rendering. I have patch 4.03 and never got this problem with other figures. Marque, where did you get two textures? I only got Michael plus I bought the map. Is it the two textures you reference to or do I missed something? Claude

Marque ( ) posted Mon, 11 September 2000 at 10:01 PM

They have two incredible textures for sale in the store. Well worth getting and they are on sale until Sept 30. I think it will be dealt with, we all bi**hed to get Michael so they may have rushed him a bit, I know they will do updates if needed. =) Just thought someone might have figured it out....like the eye problem. I love the model, just got to beat the bugs outta him! lol Marque

Catharina Przezak ( ) posted Tue, 12 September 2000 at 5:34 AM

I had also the problem and my Poser got frozen on rendering, I loos my all dates. I remove the Poser4.3 and reinstal the whole Poser4. Now I have not problems but it play crazy with the hands of Michael model.I have patch 4.03 and never got this problem with other figures. I think it is what wrong with the model and the patch 4.03.

milamber42 ( ) posted Tue, 12 September 2000 at 7:03 AM

I do not think it is Michael. Poser freezes during renders with me all the time. I only have 128MB on my system. I think it is because Michael demands more memory than other figures, and Poser has a memory management problem. Now if we can get Curious Labs to admit it and fix it.

Wynter ( ) posted Tue, 12 September 2000 at 8:42 AM

You know, Keoto, in a perfect world that would be true. But software companies do this all the time, they use us as sort of public beta testers. At least Zygote has a history of fixing and making the fixes available for free, instead of coming out with an upgrade one has to purchase. I myself, have been happy with Zygote's products, and their willingness to fix any products. They offer us discounts on the first releases and the fixes for free, to me that is worth it. Remember, you are a customer and the choice is yours to buy or not. Or simply wait til the problems are corrected.

LoboUK ( ) posted Tue, 12 September 2000 at 8:51 AM

This is the thing that really impresses me about Zygote. Their willingness to correct problems on their models, and make those corrections freely available. True, in an ideal world, there wouldn't be these niggling little problems but, unfortunately, this isn't an ideal world :D I recall all the problems with Victoria, and the fact that some of us didn't have the problems that others did. It may be that, whatever caused a problem on some systems for Victoria is causing similar problems for Michael on some other systems. Regardless, as soon as payday rolls around, I'm getting myself Michael - confident that, if there are problems/issues, Zygote will fix them. Paul

Marque ( ) posted Tue, 12 September 2000 at 11:22 AM

Well, I've always found Zygote to be fair with their customers, and I will continue to purchase models from them. I haven't had a repeat of the incident so who knows what caused it. =) I would still recommend Michael to anyone who wants a cool male model, I think he's great! Marque

picnic ( ) posted Tue, 12 September 2000 at 12:18 PM

Keoto, I didn't mean to imply that the problems aren't Zygote's--just that with my problem, their computers couldn't replicate it, but eventually they figured out why some of us had the problem and corrected it so everyone's models worked correctly. I do expect them to address this and correct problems, but if, like my problem, they didn't show up in testing, then they offered the model thinking it was all correct. I think they expect that with all the various sytems, various patches, etc.--that some will have problems that they can't know about until they arise--out here in Poserland S. I am very happy with them because they are so willing to correct problems and work with us. Its been true over and over. (Besides, I love Michael VBG). Diane B Diane B

nitreug ( ) posted Tue, 12 September 2000 at 5:45 PM

I think that it is more 4.03 than Zygote. See Catharina comments. I only get those freezes since patch 4.03.

nitreug ( ) posted Tue, 12 September 2000 at 5:47 PM

I think that it is more 4.03 than Zygote. See Catharina comments. I only get those freezes since patch 4.03. I have 256meg ram and 500mhz laptop with 50gig. So i do not think memory is the problem neither.

Wynter ( ) posted Tue, 12 September 2000 at 10:08 PM

Keoto, I was just stating mine, too.:) But I just installed Michael and have no ring around the collar. Mac/Poser 4.02 Haven't played with the hands yet.

Wynter ( ) posted Tue, 12 September 2000 at 10:11 PM

BTW...thems is some funky looking nipples. ;)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.