Mon, Oct 21, 10:12 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 21 9:06 pm)

Subject: House

Mesh_Magick ( ) posted Wed, 11 February 2004 at 3:54 AM · edited Mon, 21 October 2024 at 10:03 PM

file_98028.jpg

Looking for ideas for designing a room.

Mesh_Magick ( ) posted Wed, 11 February 2004 at 3:55 AM

file_98029.jpg

Im trying to think of something new to add, is it too busy?

SAMS3D ( ) posted Wed, 11 February 2004 at 4:11 AM

You need something on the walls. But your furniture looks fabulous.

Mesh_Magick ( ) posted Wed, 11 February 2004 at 4:12 AM

file_98031.jpg

I used the Daz textures but Im not sure if keeping it simple was a wrong idea.

Mesh_Magick ( ) posted Wed, 11 February 2004 at 4:14 AM

file_98032.jpg

Here is without Daz textureing of the sofa and side chairs.

SAMS3D ( ) posted Wed, 11 February 2004 at 4:43 AM

I think this looks fab, but you do need something on the walls. And the textures look great, on the top pictures. Sharen

Mesh_Magick ( ) posted Wed, 11 February 2004 at 4:49 AM

Not sure where I got the recliner,footstool or dinner table or end tables, maybe from propsguild... The vases, plants,sofa, track lighting and chairs came from 3d cafe. The lamp and furniture textures are daz. The room was built by me for the exception of the sliding glass door and windows and plasma screen that came from poserworld. Sliding glass door game from renderosity. Lamps I got off 3d commune they were originally pink with flower texture, I got them off a really slow loading site link from 3d commune free stuff but they were worth it. Wicker chairs around the dinner table came from planet 3d. banana trees came from trasponds store at runtimedna Ill make some african masks and put them on the walls and see how that loks, I want to ovoid posters and picture frams. I think my pillows need a matching texture so they don't get lost in the furniture?

TheWanderer ( ) posted Wed, 11 February 2004 at 8:16 AM

Hi Try some shadows on the wall/floor and other objects. Dave

ynsaen ( ) posted Wed, 11 February 2004 at 8:21 AM

SAMS3D is right (waves) Homes without pictures on the walls are sorta dull and lifeless, no matter how cool the furniture is. I'd suggest a few pieces scattered about, some magazines or books on the table, a remote stuffed between the cushions on the couch. If it was my home, I'd have to add a glass here and there, still with stuff in it, lol....

thou and I, my friend, can, in the most flunkey world, make, each of us, one non-flunkey, one hero, if we like: that will be two heroes to begin with. (Carlyle)

SAMS3D ( ) posted Wed, 11 February 2004 at 8:24 AM

ynsaen, hi waving back....sweet soul...anyway, this picture and house is coming along...can't wait to see what you do with it next. Sharen

momodot ( ) posted Wed, 11 February 2004 at 8:54 AM

This is great... the architecture is the best part. The furniture looks much better without the too busy texture IMHP. I would lighten the rattan(?) tables and chairs to go with the walls and ad some wall stuff like Oh!Betty (Free?) paintings or the free frame in archive free stuff at DAZ if you have acces to that. Love the track lights... (LOVE THEM) should a set be pointed at the couch too? In 1st image that stone or wall hanging to left isn't working for me :( can't tell what it is. Too much like carpet... I would try a bump mapp and texture or something. Are you going to glaze the window with transparent reflective glass? Sky behind? Looks good.

Cyhiraeth ( ) posted Wed, 11 February 2004 at 7:14 PM

Momodot, That's the edge of the big screen T.V. ;-)

daverj ( ) posted Wed, 11 February 2004 at 10:20 PM

How about curtains around the windows? The table lamps seem a bit too thick. The track lights in front of the TV look like they would be shining into the eyes of the people on the couch.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.