Thu, Oct 3, 4:19 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser Technical

Welcome to the Poser Technical Forum

Forum Moderators: Staff

Poser Technical F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 17 7:30 pm)

Welcome to the Poser Technical Forum.

Where computer nerds can Pull out their slide rules and not get laughed at. Pocket protectors are not required. ;-)

This is the place you come to ask questions and share new ideas about using the internal file structure of Poser to push the program past it's normal limits.

New users are encouraged to read the FAQ sections here and on the Poser forum before asking questions.

Checkout the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: Can a morph target be used to effect scaling of children?

kuroyume0161 ( ) posted Thu, 12 February 2004 at 7:46 PM · edited Thu, 03 October 2024 at 1:22 AM

Well, here's my situation: There is a part, we'll call it Parent, with morphs that extend one end OR the other of that part along the X-axis, i.e.: one morph extends one section along the negative X-axis and another morph extends another section along the positive X-axis. Consequently, these morphs act like ScaleX, but only partially. Parent has children being used as bones (aka PoserBones, brought to you by BL Render) to deform the Parent. When one of these morphs is applied to Parent, rotation of any of these children-as-bones doesn't work properly since they remain unscaled to compensate for the pseudo-scaled section. This is a situation that may have been remedied by making Parent two parts, one part along the negative x-axis and the other along the positive. But, with morphs all applied, this would be very difficult to implement. Any suggestions? I will continue experimenting, but have made no progress in several hours. Thanks, Kuroyume

C makes it easy to shoot yourself in the foot. C++ makes it harder, but when you do, you blow your whole leg off.

-- Bjarne Stroustrup

Contact Me | Kuroyume's DevelopmentZone

kuroyume0161 ( ) posted Fri, 13 February 2004 at 1:05 PM

The only scale that matters, it seems, is propagating scale when it comes to also adjusting the JPs. Propagating scale doesn't allow any type of division among receiving scales (all the children or nothing). Exhaustive experimentation with the figure hasn't allowed the bones to be scaled any other way and effect the parent geometry correctly, so I'll have to compromise on this. Oh, well. Worth a try anyway. :) Kuroyume

C makes it easy to shoot yourself in the foot. C++ makes it harder, but when you do, you blow your whole leg off.

-- Bjarne Stroustrup

Contact Me | Kuroyume's DevelopmentZone

lesbentley ( ) posted Fri, 13 February 2004 at 1:49 PM

Attached Link: http://www.rbtwhiz.com/rbtwhiz_EMCPrintable.html

Not sure I understand exactly what you are doing, but in answer to the title of this thread "Can a morph target be used to effect scaling of children?", the answer is both yes and no. No because a morph target its self only affects the actor it is applied to, and yes because any channel can affect any other by the use of ERC (Enhanced Remote Controle.

As an example if you wanted the 'targetGeom RoundFace' morph channel in Posettes head to affect the 'scaleX xScale' channel in her neck you would add the folowing code to the 'scaleX xScale' after the line "interpStyleLocked":

valueOpDeltaAdd<br></br>                             Figure 1<br></br>                            head:1<br></br>                              RoundFace<br></br>                   deltaAddDelta 1.000000

Placing this code in the channel makes it a slave of the "RoundFace" channel in the actor "head:1" in "Figure 1", lines 4, 3, and 2, respectivly.

The entire scaleX channel would look like this after the slaving code was added:

scaleX xScale<br></br>                       {<br></br>                   name GetStringRes(1028,6)<br></br>                   initValue 1<br></br>                 hidden 0<br></br>                    forceLimits 0<br></br>                       min 0.1<br></br>                     max 100000<br></br>                  trackingScale 0.004<br></br>                 keys<br></br>                                {<br></br>                           static  0<br></br>                           k  0  1<br></br>                             }<br></br>                   interpStyleLocked 0<br></br>                 valueOpDeltaAdd<br></br>                             Figure 1<br></br>                            head:1<br></br>                              RoundFace<br></br>                   deltaAddDelta 1.000000<br></br>                      }

For more info on ERC see the link above, or:
http://www.nerd3d.com/Tutorial/SuperMorph.htm

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.