Fri, Sep 20, 6:47 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Photography

Welcome to the Photography Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Photography F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 12:22 pm)

Subject: OT... worried Tedz may be flooded... :(

cynlee ( ) posted Mon, 16 February 2004 at 2:58 PM · edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 6:43 AM

Attached Link: http://www.nzherald.co.nz/storydisplay.cfm?storyID=3549699&thesection=news&thesubsection=general

NZ's North Island hit hard with a major storm yesterday... "the worst in a 100 years", he said at 2AM last night.. the river near the back of his property was 6 feet from his home *sniff* he must be without power or internet or i'm sure i would've heard from him by now hopefully, he'll be ok & his house, over 100 yrs old, won't be flooded "The areas most at risk of further flooding were Foxton Beach and parts of Foxton township near the Manawatu River" *group mind meld*

Tommy3D ( ) posted Mon, 16 February 2004 at 3:31 PM

Oh man, I hope he is ok!!!!! If anyone hears from him please post a reply. Group Hugz for our Beloved High Commander!!

aangus ( ) posted Mon, 16 February 2004 at 3:44 PM

Good Luck TEDZ, Thinking of you, fingers crossed.

rickymaveety ( ) posted Mon, 16 February 2004 at 3:46 PM

Amen to that. Fingers and toes crossed, and cats purring away for you Tedz.

Could be worse, could be raining.

Lalani ( ) posted Mon, 16 February 2004 at 3:47 PM

Ohhh, hope he's ok. :( group huggles

Michelle A. ( ) posted Mon, 16 February 2004 at 4:06 PM

Oh my goodness!.... I do hope he is ok.... and that his home made it through unscathed by the waters... If you do hear from him let him know he is in our thoughts and we're sending him our love....

I am, therefore I create.......
--- michelleamarante.com

cynlee ( ) posted Mon, 16 February 2004 at 4:46 PM

believe me, as soon as i hear from him... i'll send him right here!! i'm sure he's ok, being a seaworthy pirate, but his home isn't thanks guys... sorry to make you worry but i just hate having to worry alone :( group hugz

ratto ( ) posted Mon, 16 February 2004 at 5:14 PM

group hug Hope he's ok!!

cynlee ( ) posted Mon, 16 February 2004 at 5:52 PM

it would be easier if i post the letter i just NOW received from our High Commander, Tedz himself... 3.00am....17th Febuary, 2004...Tuesday. Well....I am awake....checking the River.....it is still at My Fence..... and High Tide is due in 3 Hours. A Thunder Storm is due at Dawn.... and My Phone is Dead. When I try and Connect.....a Recorded Message......there are Unlimited delays.....it is not known when You will be able to Connect to the Internet. Estimates of the Damage are around the $50 Million mark... and still rising, from what is being called "The St. Valentines Day Massacre".....the worst Summer Storm to hit the North Island of New Zealand. Elictricity is now the worry....apart from the River liiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiicking at My Property, stealing My Earth and turning it into Sand and muck......as Water needs to be Boiled, to make it Drinkable... all is Contaminated. I listen to the Radio....trying to get updates on what is happening... ok....must check that River before I decide to move all My Fluffy Teddy Bears to higher ground. I don't know when I will be able to send this.....please apologise on My behalf if I am not around. Briany ...sigh xxx 5.00 am...17th. Febuary, 2004...Tuesday.... Still no Phone....I have been for a Pre-Dawn Inspection... Daylight has not yet come... but, the Town is a hive of activity.....We are isolated by the Flood.....and the Main Road that runs through Foxton ...is blocked....as the Bridge over the mighty Manawatu River is being liiiiiiiiiiiiicked by the unstopable rise of the River. I was unable to find Katie the Clydesdale Horse... hopefully She has been moved to higher ground.....My back door remaims open in case any wee Animals need Refuge. Police and Fire Engines are Pumping Properties and Drains, Streams....everything is spewing the River. The BP Gas Station has become a Refuge for stranded Motorist.....as New Zealands Main State Highway runs through Foxton... and they are trapped......I hear on the Roof....the Rain starts in earnest again. The Wetness continues....unabated. ~~~~~~~~~~ 5.30 am.....I am so used to having liason with You at this time of the Morning... but... I ain't got a Phone to Connect to Your Heart.. so....I Chronicle My thoughts to You ...I will put this in a Bottle, if the River continues it's rise....then drop it out the Window.... for the Water is close.... it may Float to You....I will not leave My House ...as some have been evacuated just down the Street ....right .....still dark ....but must go look at the nearness of the River again....Gumboots....Plastic Bag for Camera... Umbrella...Rain Coat...Money....No Mail...No Newspaper.....as they won't get through.... but.... Money....... just in case... I noticed on My Walk...all the Money Banking Machines were "Out of Order"...same with the Petrol Pumps.....and I saw several Army Trucks near where Katie is. I will go again now on My Walk.....I should reach the Horse about Dawn. Muuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuah! Briany :] Keeping a Stiff Upper Chin....as I am The High Commander xxx 7.15 am .... Day Light....the drone of Helicopters....and the Soldier Boyz are in Town....no wonder Brenda is in a State of high excitement....swoon... Foxton is Isolated.....Rescue Craft and Helicopters abound.....the Telephone Cables have been washed out....a State of Emergency exists. I still watch the River creeping closer and closer...... I found Katie....She got 2 Carrots and smoochies for being so Brave. All Water needs to be boiled.....so....I am getting a supply....unless the Power goes out.....and I have a wee Gas Camp Stove. Ok.....a wee Cup o' Tea for Me. Hugz :] I have not been able to get a strong enough signal to connect.....so....I may only get one shot at sending ......all our Optic Cables are gone....finacially they now estimate $100 Million damage... and there have been 2 Deaths attributed......but....for Me....apart from Sewerage problems.....the critical time now is 2 hours away......the High Tide. Dont know when I will post again....post for Me....puuuuuuuuuurlease ...You are My PDA. There are sure big problems everywhere....and Foxton is still Isolated......the Street that mine runs off....about 100 meters away....is CLOSED....and under Water.....this is My only Message....if I can send it. Hugz, Briany xxxx

rickymaveety ( ) posted Mon, 16 February 2004 at 6:00 PM

Oh my. This does not sound good.

danob ( ) posted Mon, 16 February 2004 at 7:18 PM

Oh dear I hope the ol boy is ok but I think it will take more than a storm and flood to keep Tedz down..even if he has to bail out his place with a tin of soup!! Sounds bad and keeping my fingers crossed..

Danny O'Byrne  http://www.digitalartzone.co.uk/

"All the technique in the world doesn't compensate for the inability to notice" Eliott Erwitt

Misha883 ( ) posted Mon, 16 February 2004 at 7:37 PM

Oh my! Did you guys start all of this with the splashing water? Seriously, must be a real mess. Group hugz, and smoochies for Katie.

grrrduhbear ( ) posted Mon, 16 February 2004 at 8:19 PM

cross your paws he is ok >>>Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Michelle A. ( ) posted Mon, 16 February 2004 at 9:38 PM

Sounds downright frightening..... so worried for him. I'm sending my prayer for him in a water tight plasic baggie. Group Hugz Seriously, I'm not much of a religious person, but I'll have a talk with the one above asking to keep our HC Tedz safe tonight and througout this ordeal. sigh

--- michelleamarante.com

zhounder ( ) posted Mon, 16 February 2004 at 10:42 PM

Attached Link: http://www.nzherald.co.nz/

I have been trying to get a news article or something on the flood. All I found is the link above. I sent an ICQ message requesting infor from another friend of mine but she is in Sidney, that is like asking a NYer what the weather is like in south Texas. Keeping my fingers crossed. Those damn aliens better beam him up in time...

rickymaveety ( ) posted Mon, 16 February 2004 at 10:54 PM

I found the same link. What worries me is that Picton is just across the channel from Foxton, so that means that the water levels are probably about the same in both places, and everyone there got evacuated. I was pretty amazed at how much coverage this ISN'T getting. I mean, not one word on the "world news". Granted, NZ is pretty far away from everywhere else, but still.

FearaJinx ( ) posted Mon, 16 February 2004 at 11:24 PM

I hope Tedz is okay, I sensed distress! A prayer goes out to you Tedz! Jinx

firestorm ( ) posted Tue, 17 February 2004 at 1:30 AM

i'm sure tedz has a plan (you don't become high commander without a plan).he sounds like a resourceful guy. still, would be nice to hear that all is well.

Pictures appear to me, I shoot them.   Elliot Erwitt

DHolman ( ) posted Tue, 17 February 2004 at 3:07 AM

Come now. Any other ordinary human, I'd be worrying right along with you all. But this is Tedzo we're talking about. This man has orchestrated planetary takeovers. He single-handedly re-defined "layers" without using Pototashop. He gets away with wearing formal dresses and a bowtie at the same time. No, I am not worried one bit. The "Powers That Be" need people like Tedz to keep balance to the Universe. I have no doubt what-so-ever that it will keep him safe. -=>Donald

fblnet ( ) posted Tue, 17 February 2004 at 4:16 AM

hope should be kept! Courage! all will go... as soon as possible! (il faut garder espoir! Courage! tout ira bien... bient!) Franis. xxx

Raven_427 ( ) posted Tue, 17 February 2004 at 4:26 AM

Keep my fingers crossed too! Even if Donald gave me some hope again. :-)

DrmzRmyne ( ) posted Tue, 17 February 2004 at 5:14 AM

Thanks Cynlee for posting this thread. Floods are frightening and I do hope Tedz makes it through ok, I know all our thoughts are with him.....I await for more news. Hugz to TEDZ!!!!

zhounder ( ) posted Tue, 17 February 2004 at 7:16 AM

Attached Link: http://newzealandnews.net/

another source for news...

Tedz ( ) posted Tue, 17 February 2004 at 9:47 AM

file_98732.jpg

*flutter* Flutter* .....*squawk*...*splash*...*sigh*.... I have been busy entertaining the Soldiers....*swoon*. Dear Folks....thank You all so much for Your kind thoughts and wishes....I will keep Your Briefs....err...I mean I will keep this Brief...*sigh*....as I have major probs getting on line....getting a strong enough signal....and getting disconnected. I am safe and My Property sustained minor damage.....My House ...uncleaned for 100 Years still stands....I believe it is the Dust that holds it together. Special thanks to My wonderful PDA....who is in charge of "The Mothership" during My Absence. I will return when I can....please accept My apologies for not being able to view Your Postings. Thanks again Dear People....You are the Bestest......and Donald is right....I am indeed resourceful.....and exceptionally Brave and Gallant. Muuuuuuuuah! *group hugz*

cynlee ( ) posted Tue, 17 February 2004 at 9:58 AM

another message! sigh... :D what wonderful news to wake up to! washed out to sea? BAH! not our HC swoon Muuuuuuah! hugz

enax ( ) posted Tue, 17 February 2004 at 9:59 AM

Yeah! good news, just now I've seen in the TV the images of NZ. I hope you'll recover your normal activity soon. I'm very glad to see that you and your property are well. Hugz TBHC :)

Tommy3D ( ) posted Tue, 17 February 2004 at 10:15 AM

YAY!! Our Tedzy is safe:)!!! I have seen the news reports and they were scary!! Do what you have to do to protect yourself and your house, not to mention the world famous Bathroom Studio!! If you need anything, just let us know!! Big Hugs and a sigh of relief!!!! ps. keep the soldiers away from Brenda--she's mine!!

Michelle A. ( ) posted Tue, 17 February 2004 at 10:20 AM

A big relief to hear that all is safe for you.... ! biggest hugz

--- michelleamarante.com

Raven_427 ( ) posted Tue, 17 February 2004 at 10:50 AM

Great relief to see you're save! hugz go to NZ .. will take them a while to reach you via ship .. :)

Lalani ( ) posted Tue, 17 February 2004 at 12:57 PM

Nothing can stop the HC! =)))

firestorm ( ) posted Tue, 17 February 2004 at 1:52 PM

good to hear he's ok :))

Pictures appear to me, I shoot them.   Elliot Erwitt

JordyArt ( ) posted Tue, 17 February 2004 at 2:58 PM

Jeez, I miss all the fun...... Tedz, if necessary I'll post a crate of Dog down for you to celebrate with. Let's face it, you'll probably have just stopped clearing up by the time it gets there, huh? Aye, Tek Care, bud, and divvint dae nowt wi' rubber ducks that ahh widna..... (",)

fblnet ( ) posted Tue, 17 February 2004 at 4:06 PM

VERY VERY VERY GOOOOOOOOD NEWS! i'm happy to heard you! :) Franis

DHolman ( ) posted Tue, 17 February 2004 at 4:07 PM

Did I not tell you all? It's just how the universe works. That and probably something to do with the evil ducks he hangs out with. It's not natural, I tell ya! Hey Tedz ...reading news from NZ. What the hell kinda country you got down there? Alcohol Snorting? :) -=>Donald

Tedz ( ) posted Tue, 17 February 2004 at 4:45 PM

Yes Donald....how astute You are. You have warned others of the Duckling, but nooooooooo one listened to You Donald. And, for goodness sake....get with it....Alcohol Snorting is great....just make sure You carry a Plug....and a Plumbers Plunger if You have a Chest Cold. I have been doing it for Years....and of course I don't Drink....in fact I have snorted that much Alcohol, I ended up with Water on the Knee....which incidentally, could only be fixed with a Tap on the Head. Now....I must duck away and attempt to change the course of the River to where they are not expecting it. There will be NO Duck Shooting Season this Year.....come wee Duckling....let Us go Liberate Freedom Geese.

coolj001 ( ) posted Tue, 17 February 2004 at 6:36 PM

Wow. I just learned about this today since I havn't logged on in a few days. It is good to hear you are ok, and I hope there wasn't too much damage to your property. Hugz :-)

Nilla ( ) posted Tue, 17 February 2004 at 9:31 PM

OML! I had no clue what you were going through Dear Tedz As I had not been in the forum for a day or two! I am glad to hear that you are safe and that your house still stands. Hope you get the situation dried up, and look forward to seeing you back once again! Brenda

cynlee ( ) posted Thu, 19 February 2004 at 10:28 AM

TEDZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!!!!! where are you :( more rain last night in an already oversaturated area... the last i heard a man from civil defense was knocking at the door... signed, worried & anxious... again :/

cynlee ( ) posted Thu, 19 February 2004 at 11:21 AM

nevermind... i see he's posted... sigh :]

Tedz ( ) posted Thu, 19 February 2004 at 11:25 AM

Fear not....My wee Love Dove....I have been without Power....and am running a wee bit late.....another Storm rages....now....unwring those Hand's Sweetie....back to Knitting Blankets for Me....sigh...Hugz....thanks for Your concern. squeeze HC.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.