Thu, Oct 3, 4:20 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 02 9:25 am)

Subject: Saving Props parented to Figure into Library

kuroyume0161 ( ) posted Wed, 18 February 2004 at 1:06 AM · edited Thu, 03 October 2024 at 4:20 AM

Alright. Props have external geometry. Props are parented to Figure. Add Figure to library. Props are included in CR2, but no references are made to geometry (ala "figureResFile :Runtime:Geometries:..."). Is there any way, other than editing 2.5MB CR2s, to do this IN Poser (PP or 5)? Thank you, Kuroyume0161

C makes it easy to shoot yourself in the foot. C++ makes it harder, but when you do, you blow your whole leg off.

-- Bjarne Stroustrup

Contact Me | Kuroyume's DevelopmentZone

EnglishBob ( ) posted Wed, 18 February 2004 at 3:17 AM

No way within Poser that I know of (willing to be contradicted on that, indeed on anything). You might want to check out Kattman's P-Wizard, which will "externalize" geometry for you. I haven't tried it on something as complex as this, but you could always ask him...

Little_Dragon ( ) posted Wed, 18 February 2004 at 4:47 AM

Uh ... are you quite certain no references are made to the props' external geometry? I just tried it to make sure, saving the Poser wolf with my AnthroEyes attached, and it appears that they're in there:

prop EyeR_1:1<br></br>      {<br></br>   storageOffset 0 0.3487 0<br></br>    objFileGeom 0 0 :Runtime:Geometries:Little_Dragon:anthroeyes.obj<br></br>    }<br></br>prop EyeL_1:1<br></br>  {<br></br>   storageOffset 0 0.3487 0<br></br>    objFileGeom 0 0 :Runtime:Geometries:Little_Dragon:anthroeyes.obj<br></br>    }

wipe ( ) posted Wed, 18 February 2004 at 5:07 AM

I don't understand this(not an advanced Poser user). Can't you just load the figure (*.cr2) in Poser, select the prop, and then save it to the library seperately(it'll ask if you want to keep it as a smart prop)? Or am I getting this completely wrong?

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Wed, 18 February 2004 at 5:30 AM

Little_Dragon, what Poser version do you use? I know that PPP and P5 handles geometry a bit different - for one thing they save a copy of the obj in the same place as the cr2 if you have done anything with the grouping tool. Perhaps something similar is happening here? (not on my Poser PC so I can't check it)

FREEBIES! | My Gallery | My Store | My FB | Tumblr |
You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA
  Using Poser since 2002. Currently at Version 11.1 - Win 10.

kuroyume0161 ( ) posted Wed, 18 February 2004 at 9:56 AM

I'm using Pro Pack to create the figure. And, no, the figures and props are supposed to be one composite figure when reloaded - that's the whole idea. What is ending up in the CR2 is: prop kurigata_1:2 { storageOffset 0 0 0 geomHandlerGeom 13 Kurigata } with no "figureResFile" above it. Maybe I'll have to look at the Prop files themselves and change the external reference from "figureResFile" to "objFileGeom". That might fix the problem.

C makes it easy to shoot yourself in the foot. C++ makes it harder, but when you do, you blow your whole leg off.

-- Bjarne Stroustrup

lesbentley ( ) posted Wed, 18 February 2004 at 4:04 PM

"the figures and props are supposed to be one composite figure when reloaded", where did you get that idea from? When you parent a pp2 to a figure, then resave, Poser basicly just saves the pp2 inside the new cr2. If the pp2 contained an external geometry reference so will the cr2. If you Import an obj then parent it to a figure the geometry of the obj will be stored internally inside the cr2, as a 'geomCustom ', but it will not be added to the figureResFile obj. Using 'Replace Body Part with Prop' has a slightly diffrent effect, the geometry from the prop is placed in the actor, still as a geomCustom. I'm not quite sure what hapens to the channels for the actor, I know that targetgeom are left in but hidden, and i think that all the JP's remain.

kuroyume0161 ( ) posted Wed, 18 February 2004 at 5:10 PM

You misunderstand. "Composite Figure" means, in this case, a major parent figure with figures as children, the children figures having props and figures as children. That is a "Composite figure". I'm not replacing body parts. All of the figures and props ARE body parts (in a sense). This is not a one geometry pony. This is a composite figure composed of figures and props - for a very good reason. What I did to the "props" was import, save as prop, and then externalize the geometry (the .obj already existed) by editing the PP2 file. But instead of using "objFileGeom", I mistakenly used "figureResFile". That has been corrected. All done. I understand enough about CR2 and PP2 files, just forgot about the difference in geometry referencing between figures and props. Hell, I've been working nonstop for two weeks (200 hours at least). Bound to forget or make a mistake on occassion. ;)

-- Bjarne Stroustrup

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.