Tue, Sep 24, 5:25 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 24 5:06 pm)

Subject: Free prop posted

cal ( ) posted Thu, 14 September 2000 at 7:25 AM · edited Sun, 11 August 2024 at 5:50 PM

A posable miter saw was added to the what's new page at: http://funkybob.virtualave.net/Poser_Propsx.html Also a works in progress page added. The link is under the what's new props. At lannie's: http://www.3dmodelworld.com/ This week's free prop is a posable red wagon. Thank's and enjoy, Cal

Vile ( ) posted Thu, 14 September 2000 at 12:04 PM

It seems that more and more people are moving away from hey look what I did and I want to share it. To how can I make a buck. Nice work cal I'll try and use it in an image. Sorry to flame but even though I have not posted in awhile I have been here for quite some time. And this new trend reminds me of what is so rotten about the Internet everybody see's green!

Scarab ( ) posted Thu, 14 September 2000 at 2:22 PM

Chill, Vile, the ratio of freebies to "for sales" is still extremely high... Besides, you can't tout greed, since the profits go to defray the costs of the forum site, not into the pockets of the creators.....nyahh.... Scarab<-closet capitalist

IsauraS ( ) posted Thu, 14 September 2000 at 3:18 PM

uhm... only the ones with the sign go to help the site and there aren't that many. I'm not complaining, I bought two items recently myself, unfortunately neither one were donated to help the forum.

milamber42 ( ) posted Thu, 14 September 2000 at 4:08 PM

When you put an item in the store, you get 50% of the net sale (after credit card fees). The other 50% goes to Renderosity. So ALL sales help the site.

wyrwulf ( ) posted Thu, 14 September 2000 at 6:43 PM

Cal, thanks for another free model. Your work is excellent.

cal ( ) posted Fri, 15 September 2000 at 5:10 AM

Thanks,cal

Thorne ( ) posted Fri, 15 September 2000 at 12:57 PM

I have items in the store, but NO one can say I have not given away my share of freebies- quite a few more free items than are now or ever will be in the store. I think most of the store vendors have contributed to member's free collections at one time or another. When I spend 3 solid weeks of six or more hours per day creating a character point by ever-lovin' point and the props to go with it, sometimes it's nice to get a little compensation for all that work- and GREED has absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with it. And sometimes, I give all that work away free! When you see my upcoming FREE Miss September, just remember that! =};-}>

TheWolfWithin ( ) posted Fri, 15 September 2000 at 12:59 PM

all of us have spent several hours slaving over a prop, texture, or some other item for Poser......sweating whether or not we'll have it done in time to post to FreeStuff before the sun breaks the horizon, or in enough time to get at least 4 hours of sleep before work......but, i imagine there comes that one moment in time, after doing this more times than one cares to discuss, that one has to take a step back, and wonder if perhaps it wouldn't be fair to at least make a $5 bill off of a compilation CD featuring all of one's Poser treasures........don't misunderstand, i'm one of the biggest advocates of free resources once you've paid a hefty price for a program, but there's a great mass of talent here at Renderosity, and there are those who deserve a buck or two.....and if even part of the money keeps this site intact, then i can say only one thing.......CH-CHINGGGG!!!!!........keeping up all of the forums, plus the FreeStuff and the Store, can't be easy by any means, so if some of the money makes it into those pockets, then so be it.........we should pose (no pun) this question to ourselves....How long would I run a site of Renderosity's magnitude with no financial help to keep up maintainence and have some small reward for myself?????? yes, there's a certain gratification to doing something for love of that particular thing, but gratification doesn't pay the bills, sparky........and that's all i have to say about that........

Scarab ( ) posted Fri, 15 September 2000 at 2:30 PM

And yer all lucky that I cant make props....cause I would want LOTS of money for them....whether it went to me or not.... Scarab<-who thinks rather highly of himself whether that is justified or not.....

picnic ( ) posted Fri, 15 September 2000 at 3:22 PM

And if you aren't familiar with Cal's (Wayne's) props, then you are missing a WHOLE lot--go check out his site--so many props that he has to 'rotate' them LOL. He's a bona fide treasure (as are many other people--like Thorne, etc.). Thanks to all--and if you can make a few dollars, then I say great--as well as sending some needed dollars to this site so we can continue to enjoy it--free. Diane B

milamber42 ( ) posted Fri, 15 September 2000 at 5:12 PM

Thorne, I for one was glad you put Nikki up for sale. When I first saw your page, she was the one model I definitely wanted.

Vile ( ) posted Fri, 15 September 2000 at 6:17 PM

This thread has seemed to gone in a differen't direction and I did not mean that please keep up the good work.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.