Fri, Sep 20, 7:48 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Photography

Welcome to the Photography Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Photography F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 12:22 pm)

Subject: My little corner....

Tommy3D ( ) posted Thu, 19 February 2004 at 11:28 AM · edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 7:48 AM

file_99147.jpg

Hi everyone!! This is my little corner of the world, not the most exciting pic you will see but it's where I play LOL:) No flash, just the sun coming through the window. Big Hugz, Tommy

Michelle A. ( ) posted Thu, 19 February 2004 at 11:42 AM

file_99148.jpg

Love that desktop pic Tommy! Can I share too? This could prove to be a fun thread... Here's my beloved mess, and where I spend most of my time...when working on my images, and paddling those who need paddling... Hugz back at you Tommy!

I am, therefore I create.......
--- michelleamarante.com

Tommy3D ( ) posted Thu, 19 February 2004 at 12:08 PM

Oh my, I see that you are MUCH neater than me he he:) At least you dust between paddlings!! Love that wireless system (green with envy) the only way to go!! Yes this could be fun, all of us showing each other our "equipment" LOL!! Hugz, Tommy

savasart ( ) posted Thu, 19 February 2004 at 12:41 PM

heh heh. Might have to take a picture of mine and add it to the group. Its messy though ;)

3DGuy ( ) posted Thu, 19 February 2004 at 1:04 PM

Here's my desk :) bureau2.jpg Yeah, it's a mess with 3 computers. 1 of them is a server and has no screen :P

What is a friend? A single soul dwelling in two bodies. - Aristotle
-= Glass Eye Photography =- -= My Rendo Gallery =-

MGD ( ) posted Thu, 19 February 2004 at 2:18 PM

file_99149.jpg

The other workspaces seemed quite nice -- neater than mine, too. This PC is for surfing and eMail. I use w95 and Netscape 4.75 on this PC (IE, if I must). I suppose this image has an unusual POV ... the PC in a small cubby (visualize a moderately sized closet or nursery). I don't have the wide angle lens for the Coolpix 4300 ... so I had to get some distance from the subject by using a lader. I realize this configuration is a little odd ... recently, I reported an HTML problem to a major site -- when one of the webdesigners heard w95 and Netscape 4.75, he exclaimed, "You're every webmaster's nightmare!" I thanked him by saying that it was the nicest thing anyone had said to me in the last 10 days.

MGD ( ) posted Thu, 19 February 2004 at 2:39 PM

file_99150.jpg

Ooohhhh ... I forgot to mention that I am running a SETI farm with 14 PC's (two are dual processor, so there are 16 CPUs in total). The shelving has 15 system units (3 aren't being used -- too slow); one more (the one I'm using as I type) in the computer desk -- you just about see it in the lower right of the image. A Belkin Matrix KVM switches either of the two keyboard/mouse/monitor to any of the systems in this room. None of the 4 UPS show in the images ... but I know where they are. Same for the printers. The system I'm using now is XP, PSP 7, Visual Suite, etc. One of the other systems here is running ME and the remaining 11 systems are running RedHat Linux. I am hoping that someday, I will be able to configure these boxes to run a RenderFarm ... soon, I hope. Any questions?

Raven_427 ( ) posted Thu, 19 February 2004 at 2:58 PM

file_99151.jpg

Ohhhh what a mess ... :-) I have to admit, i hate mess (on my desk, your's doesn't matter so this is not meant to be offensive in any way) .. i just can't work with such a mess so i'm forced to clean up .. this is the usual state .. no cleaning for shooting. @MGD: I'm with ya. Can't even get our 2 puters to work together in Bryce-Renderings. Dunno why .. perhaps it's me .. :-((

MGD ( ) posted Thu, 19 February 2004 at 3:09 PM

@Raven_427 ... Uummmm there are three swords hanging on your wall ... riiight? ... I'm not going to say anything except to compliment you on how neat your setup looks. Do you want to discuss Bryce Network Render? I may be able to help.

Raven_427 ( ) posted Thu, 19 February 2004 at 4:02 PM

Thanks for asking MGD but it's some matter with private IP in LAN vs. Internet IP me thinks. Software is running quite fine but can't find it's partner on the other puter. If you have any idea on that, please drop me an IM. Thanks .. and, well .. thanks for the compliment. Yep, they are three .. no money and no empty spaces for any more of em. Should rent some scotish castle lol Tom

cynlee ( ) posted Thu, 19 February 2004 at 4:07 PM

file_99152.jpg

oh... this looks fun!!! *looking at everyone's space* k, here's mine :]

3DGuy ( ) posted Thu, 19 February 2004 at 4:48 PM

Hmm looks like Tedz was there [looking at the blue figure on the right] :)

What is a friend? A single soul dwelling in two bodies. - Aristotle
-= Glass Eye Photography =- -= My Rendo Gallery =-

cynlee ( ) posted Thu, 19 February 2004 at 4:53 PM

file_99153.jpg

hehe! yep! & my mannequin & lizard &... the cat was there on the pillow &...

JordyArt ( ) posted Thu, 19 February 2004 at 4:55 PM

file_99154.jpg

*gasp* Cyn, I wanna move in with you......but I don't think you would put up with my messy habits.... Ok, I admit this is pretty severe, even for me. I decided to play a 3D version of Where's Wally.....erm.... I accidentally mixed cleaning kitchen products and the explosion left a mess......erm..... my imaginary pet mouse wanted to play hide & seek.... erm.... the sink overflowed and I had to put everything *somewhere*..... oh, sod it! The truth is, I've been searching for something in the drawers and didn't have any space left to put things, so I started stacking them on the printer and the PC box under the desk. The popcorn / cd's / sweets / paraphernalia / lava lamp / glasses / plasma ball / speakers (hidden) / vodka (hidden) - they're all my usual clutter and get me through the evening ;) Oh, and I know the wall STILL needs decorated. she reminds me enough without you guys starting..... (",) p.s. I'm honestly not usually anywhere near this bad at all, you really did choose a terrible time for this thread!!!!

Michelle A. ( ) posted Thu, 19 February 2004 at 5:17 PM

This IS fun! I like seeing everyone's works space.... some of us are sloppy (me included), some neat as a pin.... some have very big "equipment"! Jordy you're in a league of your own dearie that is beyond sloth! Hehehe....but I still love you. ;~) Cynlee, I AM so jealous.... that space is beautiful, your studio? I'm going to have to pay you to fly up here and help me decorate......

--- michelleamarante.com

zhounder ( ) posted Thu, 19 February 2004 at 6:26 PM

file_99155.jpg

I want to see Cynlee in that outfit the mannequin is wearing! Wooo Hooo! Anyway this is most of my littel corner. There is also a metal shelf to the left of all this where I put my camera bag and tripods/monopod. And yeah I am jealous of Cynlee too. BUT! If I get the job in Austin... ;-) Magick Michael

FearaJinx ( ) posted Thu, 19 February 2004 at 6:39 PM

I agree! This is fun, I will post my lil work space laters. And Cynlee your work space looks so creative with the g-string mannequin! I just have a stuffed fox. LOL! Well, I hope to see more! Jinx

jacoggins ( ) posted Thu, 19 February 2004 at 7:21 PM

file_99156.jpg

uh...let's see, my little corner rates somewhere in the middle, not too stylish, not real messy, just the basics of what I need when I'm on the machine. L to R, my Robert Wise autographed "Day the Earth Stood Still" poster, the Epson 2200, Canon N650U scanner, the Compaq, my 8 year old Packard Bell monitor, my Marilyn Monroe poster, assorted pipe tobaccos and pipe, and assorted Photoshop books...just your typical computer corner....

cynlee ( ) posted Thu, 19 February 2004 at 9:18 PM

i'm sorry... didn't mean to show off... ... ... ...ok, ok, yes, i did :D... i admit it.. i luv my space! to the left is a long counter with more bookshelves & cabinets filled with art supplies & a place for my sewing machine... tv is over there too, that's why there's a little mirror to the right of my computer... & then the balcony with a beautiful country view overlooking the pool... it was close to 80 today... bbq & margaritas everyone? please don't hate me cuz i'm spoiled yeah! fly me up 'chelle, fly me up! ...in your dreams Magick, glad to see stuffed bears & toys by some of these thanks jinx :] & jordy, uh... hmmm... what 'chelle said... wow... 14 puters! ...nice swords hugz all (oh & see that canvas print? Sarah's graduation portrait! sooooo proud of her) ...can't wait to see more puter cribs! :]

Tedz ( ) posted Fri, 20 February 2004 at 1:08 AM

file_99157.jpg

Da Daaaaaa! The Flight Deck of The Mothership! Muuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuah! Purrrrrrrrrrrrlease don't look for Dust or Cobwebs in My cluttered Life, My House is 100 Years old....it is only the Dust that holds it together. Mwwwwwwwwwwah! *hugz*

cynlee ( ) posted Fri, 20 February 2004 at 1:32 AM

there's just something about this room i can really relate too! :D muuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuah!

Tedz ( ) posted Fri, 20 February 2004 at 1:44 AM

I'm not surprized! Muuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuah!

JordyArt ( ) posted Fri, 20 February 2004 at 2:39 PM

sigh it all reminds me of when I had a shop mannequin too - dressed up as Alice Cooper...... now the nearest I have to that is the original shop video display for Batman, with the character standing about 4' high.... (",)

unstrung65 ( ) posted Fri, 20 February 2004 at 2:56 PM

......well -- I used to have a nice mannequin -- found her discarded from a factory that makes'm ---- felt a little odd walking home with her under my arm - decided breasts inward would do the trick --- but -- my sons thought it rather odd that their father should possess what to them was a kind of blow up doll --- one day while I was out --they knocked her head off --- I've never been quite the same.

Tedz ( ) posted Fri, 20 February 2004 at 3:38 PM

oooh...My sympathies Old Chap....I will ask Dolly if She knows where You can get Head....put back on. Poor You, being made to feel "odd"...I felt rather odd too, when I took My Headless Barbie on Loco Shoots.....now, if I remove Dolly's Legs....sit Her on a Cushion,....cover Her modestly, She straps into My wee Car.....and We go for Sunday Drives together....then I reattach Her Legs...in the Country, and We have a Picnic together.....I find that I converse very well with Dolly, and She is a great listener.

unstrung65 ( ) posted Fri, 20 February 2004 at 5:00 PM

....G'day Mate! ( does that pass in New Zealand?? )---anyway Mr. Tedz -- thank you for that delightful little story -- I must say I no longer feel quite as odd....old chap!

Michelle A. ( ) posted Fri, 20 February 2004 at 9:55 PM

Jealous of the mannequins too.... I did find a site that sells them.... seriously considered buying one, hoping maybe to find one just laying in a dumpster outside of a store somewhere one day.

--- michelleamarante.com

zulaan ( ) posted Sat, 21 February 2004 at 4:37 AM

file_99158.jpg

And my pink corner ;)

Tedz ( ) posted Sat, 21 February 2004 at 9:05 AM

Oooooh! I just luuuuuuuuuuurve Your "Placid Pink"....Pink is not the Color of Evil. The Secure Wing where I used to stay for...."holidays"....was Painted this Pink....that has to be the biggest Key Board I have ever seen....oooooh....everyone is sooooo much more tidy than Me and JordyArt :[

JordyArt ( ) posted Sat, 21 February 2004 at 9:58 AM

'Chelle, they're actually pretty easily got - course it depends on if you wanna shell out for a new one or if you are happy with a used one..... if the latter, find the area office for one of the major fashion shops in your area. Failing that, find a supplier of new ones and ask them if they can get one next time they do a refit - dirt cheap - or keep your eyes open for a fashion shop closing down..... or just nip out in a pick-up in the early hours of a morning.... quick smash n grab - I mean, seriously, are the police gonna waste a lot of time (ie 5 minutes) looking for someone who took a SHOP DUMMY?!? Course any friends who visit your house in the next month afterwards will look at you wierd, coz it'll get into your local paper ;) he he he

cynlee ( ) posted Sat, 21 February 2004 at 10:04 AM

found mine in some offbeat nowhere speck of a town junk shop... no arms, beat up, in need of a paintjob... haggled with the guy on price & got him down to 30$ so keep a look out... like stray cats, they long for a home :]

Tedz ( ) posted Sat, 21 February 2004 at 10:21 AM

I got Mine with a Shopping Brick....smash...then calmly walked through the Plate Glass Window....undressed Her.....I did not want to steal Women's Clothing and get a bad Name.....as I have heaps of Floral Frocks and Sundries...sigh...then We made Our Getaway in a Car I hot wired. She...Dolly...has been with Me ever since....and a Dear Friend and Companion ...We even watch "Coronation Street" together on the Telly :]

Identguy ( ) posted Sat, 21 February 2004 at 6:56 PM

file_99159.jpg

Okay, the first post here had a HUGE image. Still working on this digital stuff. So, here's my little corner where I archive my prints, neg's and slides and write my books. I included some of my cameras just for show.

Identguy ( ) posted Sat, 21 February 2004 at 6:58 PM

And here's a wider shot showing scanners, printers and notice the close proximity of the fridge where I keep some very fine white wines.

SophiaDeer ( ) posted Sun, 22 February 2004 at 2:33 AM

Wow..looks like you folks are very neat and tidy. I would be embarrassed to show you the room I have. Between the cats, my husband and me..well it is not very picked-up ! Excellent photographs too.

Nancy Deer With Horns
Deer With Horns Native American Indian Site

JordyArt ( ) posted Sun, 22 February 2004 at 8:46 AM

I'm presuming Sophia isn't including me in that statement..... (",)

firestorm ( ) posted Sun, 22 February 2004 at 2:53 PM

file_99161.jpg

lol @ jordy... well here's my workspace :)

Pictures appear to me, I shoot them.   Elliot Erwitt

SophiaDeer ( ) posted Sun, 22 February 2004 at 3:40 PM

LOL Jordy!! Your work area is a tad neater than mine still!

Nancy Deer With Horns
Deer With Horns Native American Indian Site

Michelle A. ( ) posted Sun, 22 February 2004 at 4:22 PM

Geez....Ronesh.... it's far too neat and tidy..! :~) Admit it you cleaned up before you snapped the pick didn't you?! ;~)

--- michelleamarante.com

firestorm ( ) posted Mon, 23 February 2004 at 1:18 AM

lol...ok..ok...yes..i put the books to one side but the rest is as it always is...lol

firestorm ( ) posted Mon, 23 February 2004 at 1:22 AM

oh and the writing pad is not there...lol....that's to the side of the magazines.

Wivelrod ( ) posted Mon, 23 February 2004 at 9:45 AM

file_99162.jpg

Joining in the fun a little late I know... ;)

Here's my corner.

I'm working at home today hence the huddle of computers on the desk ;). The joystick is used in my sad passion for gaming and simulations! My Tim the Enchanter was given to me by a good mate :)

Great thread!! :) :)

cynlee ( ) posted Mon, 23 February 2004 at 3:46 PM

not too late! these are great! some real high tech & neat spaces... i wanna see some more... let's start a new thread since this one is taking so long to load... :]

Tedz ( ) posted Mon, 23 February 2004 at 3:49 PM

'k.

georgedvore ( ) posted Fri, 16 April 2004 at 2:12 PM

file_99163.jpg

adding my messy corner :o)

cynlee ( ) posted Fri, 16 April 2004 at 5:04 PM

surprised you even found this thread gdv... looks cozy... i would like another monitor but my system is nearing full capacity... should have never listened to the the sales guy that said, oh that's plenty big :p you'll never fill it up... ha! ...trying to make out the books... is that the clan of the cave bear series? :]

Tedz ( ) posted Fri, 16 April 2004 at 5:24 PM

Do You like Bears Cynlee....I am a Bear....You could snuggle up with Me...that would be cozy....grrrrrr....what else can i write while i am waiting for this to Load....what about a Dance...disco....only 4 Items remaining....I have time for 2 discos.....opps....make that just one...it has Loaded.... ...yep...nice Crib You have...the Cacti are coming on well...don't leave those Crumbs on the Plate.....the Mouse will get unruley...is that an Alka Selzar in the Glass? You got a Hangover? I like Your Teddy too.:]

MGD ( ) posted Fri, 16 April 2004 at 5:41 PM

@ georgedvore - Ooooo books! ... Ooooo shiny! ... Ooooo Bright Colors! ... nice. A messy corner ... Nah! ... I mean it's a good start, but it would take a lot of work for you to be in serious competition with JordyArt (smirk!) MGD

unstrung65 ( ) posted Fri, 16 April 2004 at 5:42 PM

....to Cynlee: ( this thread will never die!) -----in your second picture - near the mannequin -- in the lower left --- is that , like, a lizard or something in a cage?????

MGD ( ) posted Fri, 16 April 2004 at 6:06 PM

@ cynlee - Dual monitors > i would like another monitor but my system is nearing full capacity... I'm not sure what you mean by "system is nearing full capacity" ... but it is actually very easy to have two monitors. For peace of mind, they should not be two different models -- exactly same model and the same age. In addition they both should have internal magnetic shielding. You also need a video card that supports 2 monitors -- also called dual-head. The ATI Radeon VE and the ATI Radeon 7000 do that. For about $50 you can get one with 64MBy on the card. Installation? Piece of cake. If you know which end of a screwdriver faces the work, you could do it yourself. > should have never listened to the the sales guy that said, > oh that's plenty big :p you'll never fill it up... ha! Hmmmmmmm ... that leads to this reported dialog ... Q. Do you know the difference between a used car salesman and a computer salesman? A. The used car salesman knows when he is lying to you. MGD

georgedvore ( ) posted Fri, 16 April 2004 at 7:06 PM

file_99164.jpg

damn! renderosity trashed my carefully worded reply! damn you php! :oD anyway - lets start again - found the thread 'cos MGD sent one of his ravens to whisper in my ear about it:o) pretty cool seeing everyones place - quite impressed with the workspaces in evidence. some have def inspired me. i wrote a whole section on dual monitors, but all lost now :O( luckilt MGD explained it pretty well :o) you got a pretty new hewlett packard, right? all you need to do is buy a graphics card that will replace the one already in your AGP slot. get an nvidia based one, but if you got the $$$ think you might do some rendering or CAD work - splash out on one of the [quadro series](http://www.nvidia.com/page/quadronvs.html) - they def rock. i found a tripple head output(sorry chaps but techie words & phrases like that just arouse me - i know i'm a freak!) card: the [parhelia](http://www.matrox.com/mga/archive_story/oct2002/video_workstation.cfm) it might be a bit dated now as i seem to remember it coming out last year. if you're really interested tell me your budget & i'll do a proper search for you as i was thinking of getting a new card anyway :o) "Q. Do you know the difference between a used car salesman and a computer salesman? A. The used car salesman knows when he is lying to you. " ROTFLMAO - that is soo true MGD - :oD crumbs on the plate? where? when i turned round to look i realised that the mouse or the teddy musta cleaned it up. grrr! i used that water as crowd control on the unruly blighters! no alkaseltzer in the glass - just a trick of the light - i lead too much of a dull life to get hangovers i'm afraid :o( that book is the clan of the cave bar - eagle eyes! quite like that series. here's a close up for all the bibliophiles:

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.