Sat, Sep 21, 3:34 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / MarketPlace Showcase

Welcome to the MarketPlace Showcase Forum

Forum Moderators: Staff

MarketPlace Showcase F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 10:50 pm)

Welcome to the MarketPlace Showcase Forum. The Showcase Forum and Gallery are intended for all commercial related postings by active Renderosity MarketPlace Vendors only. This is a highlight area where our membership is invited to review in greater detail the various art products, software and resource site subscriptions available for purchase in the Renderosity MarketPlace.

Subject: Quim Abella

quim2001 ( ) posted Thu, 26 February 2004 at 1:58 AM · edited Sat, 21 September 2024 at 3:33 AM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

Attached Link: Carlos Forte New, The dilemma to elect Michael 2 or 3

file_100057.jpg

This message stands alone to inform of than Carlos Forte to Poser5 right now this on the market. I do this, why they have made me a comment, in 3 messages, that there are people been interested in in this character but they have found out about mere chance, that right now it has gone on sale . New things: This texture is made with three different types of maps for the head and the body and only works in Poser 5, why supports different and much more renders's machine rich. I have chosen Michael2, why the 3 seems complicated to me and I do not imagine it walking or being a part of a group, why to do the smaller movement he needs to give of tall before a quantity exaggerated of Injects and if all, to the machine put them but powerful he turns into a slow piece of junk. But this does not happen in the Michael2, that he has like advantage, than the penis this incorporated in the same figure and is visible or no, with an only click in the menu. The textures for this new Carlos apply from the folder MATERIALS to get all of the advantages from the specular map. Also it can be applicable of form but fast from the folder POSES MAT with buttons that they bear traditional the way to apply textures. Poser5 like very much. On the following day of his release ... I bought it and I never have repented .

Quim Abella Ojeda

Barcelona - Spain

www.quim-abella.com

pdxjims ( ) posted Thu, 26 February 2004 at 11:28 AM

Quim's method of using a specific specular map for a body texture works very nicely. And the new texture has different tones and a higher resolution than his last Carlos Forte. P5 has a lot going for it in the Materials room, and I think we're just starting to touch the edges. Between Quim's specular map and some of the ideas from previous posts on using the translucence channel on skin, you get some amazing results. And for those who have M3 and the UTC, the texture converts very nicely.

sandoppe ( ) posted Thu, 26 February 2004 at 3:13 PM

I agree with pdxjims. I didn't convert the texture as I tend to favor M2 over M3 anyway and am not a big fan of the daz injection system. Carlos Forte is an excellent texture and character. The P5 material room does have some wonderful features that this texture and some of those created over at RDNA and Sixus are starting to take advantage of. I am glad to see more characters/textures being done that utilize the power of P5. Great job!

xoconostle ( ) posted Thu, 26 February 2004 at 5:49 PM

Sr. Abella notes at the product page that this is for P5 only. I'm still using P4/ProPack, so while I'm aware of many of P5's features, I don't really understand all that's involved. I assume that it would be possible to use this texture in P4 without the specular settings, even if one had to apply the actual texture map manually. Is that true? Thanks for any advice.

pdxjims ( ) posted Thu, 26 February 2004 at 6:34 PM

xoconsostle, The pack contains a regular texture and bump (jpg format), and works fine as a normal P4/PP type texture. It's a great texture set all by itself, but the new specular map and P5 really add some umph to it. All of Quim's texxtures are great. My favorite is still Paco though...

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.