Thu, Sep 19, 7:06 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Fractals

Welcome to the Fractals Forum

Forum Moderators: Deenamic

Fractals F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 27 11:19 am)

Subject: can someone help me decide on my attitude?

verlughmina ( ) posted Thu, 26 February 2004 at 10:31 AM ยท edited Fri, 02 August 2024 at 1:51 AM

Ok guys. Just for grins and giggles I'll ask this question 'hypothetically' (sp?). Lets say someone adds you to their favorite artist list... or even just ONE of your images to their fave. images list... You're excited. You're flattered. You post a 'thank you' to them for this, and they respond with something like 'yes, keep the work coming, I think your fractals will be great 'BACKGROUNDS' for my (other medium, oh, say, bryce or poser or what-have-you) images.' How am I supposed to feel??? I'm not thrilled.... (long long long pause) AT....ALL. Am I wrong for this??? please be honest... V (Laura Tyler)

abmlober ( ) posted Thu, 26 February 2004 at 10:51 AM

No, I wouldn't be excited any longer. But perhaps someone kindly asks whether they might be allowed to use my stuff... Then it could be different for me...

:rolleyes::sad:
Joy of Frax

verlughmina ( ) posted Thu, 26 February 2004 at 10:56 AM

I know. and the thing was, it wasn't a request for permission, it was more like 'this is what i'm gonna do'... so I'm quite conflicted about it... :(

gumbykat ( ) posted Thu, 26 February 2004 at 11:19 AM

I agree with you, Laura. I would let them know that using any of your images without your permission is a copyright infringement, and that you do not give that permission. Posting an image to the 'net doesn't mean it's in the public domain. You still hold all the rights to the image unless you specifically give them up. (I'm not a lawyer, but this problem comes up with great regularlity, and this is the answer you'll see most often.) Linda

verlughmina ( ) posted Thu, 26 February 2004 at 11:40 AM

thank you linda... I will do that..

undisclosed-designer ( ) posted Thu, 26 February 2004 at 12:55 PM

i have had comments like that too, but ignored them, anyone does what he pleases i think, whether violating or with permission, i know there is always a risk that someone might use yer image or design for their own purposes, but i am sure that they will never get the chance to post it in here, for thats against the regulations of renderosity, and may you be able to find it, you can report that to one of it's moderators ... anyways if or when i see any of my 'borrowed' designs in one of their galleries, i call it a 'rape of my design' and will treat it that way also :-)) unless i have given permission to do so another way is to watermark your design, and thats not hard to do at all Harmen

verlughmina ( ) posted Thu, 26 February 2004 at 5:31 PM

thanks harmen. I do that but i also know that it can be cut off. *sigh. I also know people can do whatever they wanna so... yes i will ignore from now on. I answered back and was as kind as possible and explained that i"m not giving permission of this kind as of yet... but thank you for the 'request' even though it wasn't a request. thanks guys. I guess I have to separate myself from my work a little...? V

bclaytonphoto ( ) posted Sun, 29 February 2004 at 6:12 PM

Attached Link: Copyright policy

Renderosity has a strict Copyright Policy... Feel free to remind others of this. :-)

www.bclaytonphoto.com

bclaytonphoto on Facebook

verlughmina ( ) posted Sun, 29 February 2004 at 6:26 PM

HEYYY THANK YOU!!!! The reply I got to my 'no' was that they still wanted to use it so I didn't respond after that. I'm saving this link. thank you so much v

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.