Mon, Sep 9, 7:40 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: Back from the dead, with a project update...need opinions please

JC_01 ( ) posted Sat, 28 February 2004 at 11:02 AM · edited Fri, 06 September 2024 at 5:45 PM

Attached Link: http://models-by-jenc.com

Hey guys, I'm still sorta gone, but sorta here...I think i have one project about finished...still lots to do though.. I revamped my website along with moving it OFF geocities...yayyyyyy.. I've been redoing graphics, pictures, everything...but just as before, there's not a lick of web typed font on the site...is all graphics.. Lemme know what ya think? too much, too little, too slow, too weird? LOL How is everyone? I hope well! My surgery has been postponed again with one last try at solving the problem before that...but that try's not going well, so I see the dr again in a week or two..He said come back in a few weeks and he'll see again...sooo here we go, back on the let's wait and see approach. In the mean time, since i'm not able to do much physically, i've been digging into a few things... The website, another website for someone else, fixing pc's on the side, learning the ins and outs of my new valentines day pressie - Poser4, trying to make all new textures, clothes....lol and the list goes on... Thanks for all the support along the way, and for the opinions, should you care to post them... :D *sends out hugssssss all around* Jen

Sambucus ( ) posted Sat, 28 February 2004 at 11:15 AM

Im afraid all Im getting are the cells with that little red cross in the corner. No graphics at all. Could be me, though, the comps pretty busy rendering right know.

Sambucus ( ) posted Sat, 28 February 2004 at 11:16 AM

Know=now. Doh!

chohole ( ) posted Sat, 28 February 2004 at 12:36 PM

Works just fine for me, and its good.

The greatest part of wisdom is learning to develop  the ineffable genius of extracting the "neither here nor there" out of any situation...."

drawbridgep ( ) posted Sat, 28 February 2004 at 3:15 PM

Something to do with pop-up blocking I think. I disabled my firewall and it's fine, (and looking very good), but x's with it running. Sorry

---------
Phillip Drawbridge
Website 
Facebook

diolma ( ) posted Sat, 28 February 2004 at 4:24 PM

Worked fine for me too, and I like it - easy to navigate and the images are great! (no red Xs) Watch out JC - I'm right behind you and catching up (will overtake very soon, say a decade or so). :-))

Zhann ( ) posted Sat, 28 February 2004 at 5:55 PM

Everything works okay, one suggestion, when your lg image comes up in the gallery, link it to the thumb page, right now your have to clic the Gallery again or back browser, this will provide an easy back to where you were...just a thought

Bryce Forum Coordinator....

Vision is the Art of seeing things invisible...

pauljs75 ( ) posted Sat, 28 February 2004 at 6:39 PM

Seems to work ok on MoZilla. Loads fast 'nuff on a cable modem.

Barbequed Pixels?

Your friendly neighborhood Wings3D nut.
Also feel free to browse my freebies at ShareCG.
There might be something worth downloading.

Sambucus ( ) posted Sun, 29 February 2004 at 2:19 AM

Tried again and disabled pop ups on my Google task bar (very efficient, BTW)and still got the same. Tried again disabling the firewall and bingo, nice looking site.

pogmahone ( ) posted Sun, 29 February 2004 at 3:37 AM

just red crosses here too :( don't know if I have a firewall, I'm on a home pc.

Erlik ( ) posted Sun, 29 February 2004 at 6:21 AM

I've got a firewall and I get the pics. Jen, why do you need the frames in Javascript? I see absolutely no need for that, and that might be confusing people's browsers. Second: the col and row declaration of 1* is quite suspicious, cause I think it should be "1,*" but, in that case, you'd get a row of 1 pixel high. Oh, yes. It's quite slow on a 56k modem.

-- erlik

Swade ( ) posted Sun, 29 February 2004 at 11:44 AM

Works great for me Jen. I really like how you have your page set up. 8)

There are 10 kinds of people: Those who know binary, and those who don't. 

A whiner is about as useful as a one-legged man at an arse kicking contest.

JC_01 ( ) posted Sun, 29 February 2004 at 12:19 PM

thanks everyone, i tried out the coolpage webpage maker, and was experimenting... for the life of me i can't figure out why some can see and some can't... it might be the frames, it might be the no hotlinking thing...maybe some pc firewall setups try to use it as hotlinks instead of direct links? i'm not sure.. I'll keep workin on it... oh and yes, the 404 error for the psp gallery i know about, i haven't had time to add it yet, and i need to redo the 404 itself so it links back to the plain index, not the full index with frames. And Zhann, i can put in a thing like at 3d commune so that when each individual picture is clicked it goes back one screen, but to do that i think i'd end up having to make a page for each one, right now it just links to the picture itself on the server. slips back off to do some redesigning and thought Jen

DJB ( ) posted Sun, 29 February 2004 at 2:06 PM

One note to keep in mind is Netscape users. I experimented with images only for links (mapping) and had many mixed reviews.Some people, and I am not sure why turn off images when they surf.Doesnt make sense to me surfing art galleries . You could also use real font and offer them the zip to add it in thier fonts, as I do in many pages.Your error 404 page should be linked back to
http://models-by-jenc.com/indexrow1col2.html
Then you wont get double link pages in main frame..
But... cool and keep it up.I'm no expert but love doing html. I always lose the FRAMEBORDER=1 and make them =0,But that's just me. and as erlik says.
That whole page can be achieved without the col and java by a simple seamless frame code.

"The happiness of a man in this life does not consist in the absence but in the mastery of his passions."

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.