Tue, Sep 24, 5:19 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 24 5:06 pm)

Subject: Frustrated

IsauraS ( ) posted Wed, 03 March 2004 at 10:41 AM ยท edited Tue, 24 September 2024 at 3:38 PM

A while back I posted in the Poser folder to create a M2 to M3 mannequin. At the risk of sounding stooopid, I've followed the instructions posted back then (original post: http://www.renderosity.com/messages.ez?Form.ShowMessage=1437583) But when I import the mannequin the Tailor doesn't like it and won't load it. I was able to follow the instructions to create the V3 to V2 mannequin and that worked perfect. What am I doing wrong?!

pigfish9 ( ) posted Wed, 03 March 2004 at 11:13 AM

If I remember right, the new mannequin is a .pp2 (prop) file. The Tailor defaults to loading character files. You need to change the file type box on the load screen to "All file types". You should then be able to find and load the mannequin. Don't forget to select the full body morph for conversion.

IsauraS ( ) posted Wed, 03 March 2004 at 11:56 AM

I did that, the Tailor didn't like the prop. I even created the mannequin twice. When I load the prop it give me an error message and won't load it.

pigfish9 ( ) posted Wed, 03 March 2004 at 12:04 PM

Hmmm, I remember downloading the mannequin as a prop for the V3. I made my own for M3. Let me search the forum and see if I can find the link. I know that one works.

pigfish9 ( ) posted Wed, 03 March 2004 at 12:13 PM

Attached Link: http://arcana.daz3d.com/index.php?id=46

Go to the attached link. This is the tutorial for converting V2 clothing to V3 at DAZ. The downlinks for the mannequin and the pose set file are included. I hope this helps. Be warned, sometimes it takes awhile for the conversion and it doesn't always work quite the way you expect it to. On the other hand, it works most of the time and it is nice (and cheaper) to use some of the old V2 clothing items on your V3.

IsauraS ( ) posted Wed, 03 March 2004 at 12:55 PM

Thank you. But I want M2 to M3. I already have V3 to V2 and V2 to V3. :/ I also looked at his tutorial there in the Arcana. That's the one I'm using to create the mannequin prop actually and it isn't working. Now you see why I'm so frustrated.

pigfish9 ( ) posted Wed, 03 March 2004 at 1:05 PM

I followed that tutorial for the M2 to M3 and didn't have any problems. Maybe someone else can help. You are sure you used the right .obj file, aren't you? That's the only think I can think of that would make a difference. Good luck!

IsauraS ( ) posted Wed, 03 March 2004 at 5:51 PM

Well, I solved the problem. I upgraded the Tailor to 1.5 and it worked. Sheesh. Thanks again for all your help. :)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.