Mon, Oct 7, 12:27 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / 3D Applications

Welcome to the 3D Applications Forum

(Last Updated: 2024 Aug 27 11:07 am)

Commercial & Educational Software available at the Marketplace.

Subject: Metasequoia stripping

manleystanley ( ) posted Tue, 09 March 2004 at 11:39 AM · edited Mon, 07 October 2024 at 12:22 PM

Been using Metasequoia for a couple of weeks. I use 2.3 for modeling and Le for creating .x files for FMS. Thats how I got here I model WWI planes and couldn't live with the inacuracies of the models. Lately metasequoia Le has been stripping the textures and colors off of the planes that I've done on it and 2.3 when I load them to create .X files. Any body got a clue? Some how I've gotten more into 3d cg then flying model planes. Most of what I use is freeware. So after a seven hour done load of Maya; the free version, all I have to say is omfg.

pearce ( ) posted Tue, 09 March 2004 at 3:09 PM

I use Meta quite a bit, but haven't any experience of working with .X files (that's Direct X right?). But I generally use another application for putting textures on models. There's a good, free (but unsupported) one called Lithunwrap which may be still around somewhere on the web, but its originator now has a commercial (but inexpensive) improved version called Ultimate Unwrap. You can load/save your models in a variety of formats with both of these as well. I'm just guessing now, but it may be that Meta can't save the UV co-ordinates to certain file formats, and that one of those is .X That would make your textures disappear (but not colours..hmmm...don't know then). Best get a UV mapper; that would probably be the quickest solution :) Hope this helps.. Mick

manleystanley ( ) posted Wed, 10 March 2004 at 7:15 AM

thanks Mick for the sugestion, I'll try it but I'd rather figure out why Metasequoia Le just started doing this. It could be that may AOL art file is corupt again. It messed with my cg files and programs last time but I hate to uninstall purg the aol file and reinstall my programs. I don't know but I'll poke and prod till I figure it out. Wish I could regster Metasequoia 2.3, its a better program, but it seems that it can only be regestered in japan.

manleystanley ( ) posted Wed, 10 March 2004 at 7:18 AM

Oh, ya. It dosen't have a problem saveing texture in .x, it just stripes them off when I load the file. all colors in the mat panel turn white.

pearce ( ) posted Wed, 10 March 2004 at 9:47 AM

It's more than likely that the problem isn't with Meta. I've always found it to be entirely bug-free and very stable. If this is something that's just started happening it is most likely the aol file, I would think. It's true it can only be registered there, but that appears to be mainly because Mizno's site doesn't have any means of online purchase. Also I guess he doesn't want the hassle of having to produce documentation in other languages for international sales. I suppose that if you knew somebody in Japan who could pay there, you could register it. Mick.

manleystanley ( ) posted Wed, 10 March 2004 at 10:02 PM

Ya. That fixed it. Had to delete MetaLe, purge my AOL art file, then reinstall MetaLe. Third time, getting old. Sence I'd like to show off my planes , and it seems that the best FMS sights are in eather japan or germany, I'm going to see if I can't make some contacts there. I much prfere to work with Metasequoia 2.3 so that my be my only otion to get it regestered.

GonWaki ( ) posted Fri, 12 March 2004 at 12:31 AM

This thread moved from the Community Center Forum

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.