Wed, Sep 18, 8:36 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 7:39 am)

Subject: Why so many pinups?

XENOPHONZ ( ) posted Tue, 09 March 2004 at 9:54 PM

Hey -- Bill Clinton once said that he would go out with a several-millenia-old female mummy.

From Time magazine. 6/17/96 p. 104 refers to "Juanita" a recently discovered Inca mummy "You know, if I were a single man, I might ask that mummy out. That's a good-looking mummy!"---Bill Clinton

I can visualize -- mummified pin-ups.........

Something To Do At 3:00AM 

PapaBlueMarlin ( ) posted Tue, 09 March 2004 at 9:59 PM

Why so many pin-ups? Simply because pin-ups are a really good source of character development. And there is a lot that you can learn about composition simply by placing a person in an environment and getting lighting right, the expression right, getting coloration right, and getting the context right. It can be really good practice for more complex scenes. On the flip side, it can be frustrating to be bombarded with pin-ups that seem so formula... big-busted, white Vicki's who are scantilly clad. On the other hand, there are a few artists out there who have tried to break the mold. (So says the guy who put a penis on one of his female pin-ups...) This is not the first time this issue has been brought up. Frankly, the answer has always been that if it is not something that appeals to you then don't look at it. However, more constructively, if you feel that there is some other idea that you feel people will gravitate towards then go with it :)

Finister ( ) posted Wed, 10 March 2004 at 1:27 AM

file_101592.jpg

Why not?

XENOPHONZ ( ) posted Wed, 10 March 2004 at 6:51 AM

Try posting that in the gallery -- and see how many hits it gets vs. most V3 pin-ups......... Without a deceptive thumbnail or title, it won't even be close.

Something To Do At 3:00AM 

PapaBlueMarlin ( ) posted Wed, 10 March 2004 at 9:20 AM

Yeah, I've done quite a few male pin-ups and you have to be a little sneaky sometimes to get them viewed.

SeanMartin ( ) posted Wed, 10 March 2004 at 9:36 AM

The one male image in here laugingly betrays one of Poser's grand faults. If it's for a woman, that mesh is gonna be perfect. That dress is gonna hang right. That lingerie is gonna move just like real lace. If it's for the guys... well, if it doesn't have absurdly padded shoulders because the mesh is just carved from the original body shape, it'll be some slapdash piece of work that doesn't even come close to reality. Not so strange, in light of the market forces that drive this program into nichedom, but interesting nonetheless.

docandraider.com -- the collected cartoons of Doc and Raider

Replicant ( ) posted Wed, 10 March 2004 at 2:54 PM

Pinups? I'm a man. It's in my job description. :o)

Expert in computer code including, but not limited to, BTW; IIRC; IMHO; LMAO; BRB; OIC; ROFL; TTYL. Black belt in Google-fu.

DarkElegance ( ) posted Wed, 10 March 2004 at 3:45 PM

I agree with the deal about the clothing for the male figures. I was all excited about the daz3d poet shirt and went to look at it...but it just didnt look right because a poet shirt has the seam at the shoulder{that usually passes the shoulder as the shirt has a very relaxed fit} then abit of gathering at the seam of shoulder and sleave to give fullness and gathering at the cuff as well. these gathers would creat puckers so to say..ones I have seen in vicki clothing but rarely in mans clothing.{would love to see a suite for mike with crisp clean boxed shoulders instead of the rounded ones} poor mike has so little to wear he almost has to go naked or as a skintight clothed man. now the vicki cloths....my god the vairance and I hate to say it but some of the BEST detailing and such for vicki cloths are........lingerie. or similarly scantly cloths. now dont get me wrong I adore them also very fond of male pin ups....BUT you cant complain about why so many naked figures when it is what is wanted..as markets usually go on supply and demand. apparently it is what in demand.

https://www.darkelegance.co.uk/

Commission open.

mayhem ( ) posted Thu, 11 March 2004 at 1:29 PM

I rarely view the image gallery due to the fact that the images are mere replicas. Every so often when I browse through the gallery, every image is a pin up of some sort. Occassionally, I will come across an image that an artist has gone through the effort of creating a fantasy world to place the subjects in and create backstory to make the image and subject more appealing. In answer to your question, gagnonrich, quite simply is the fact that the general population of R'sity are males eager to post and see naked women. I remember seeing your image and thinking 'hey, something other than a pinup.' Some of the best images I've seen on R'sity have only 200 viewings whereas the render of a nude woman hanging off a pole has 700+ viewings. It's sad, yes, but as DarkElegance writes: "naked figures...is what [is] in demand" Check out Uzilite's gallery. He recently posted a wonderful image promoting his new MOS armor for M3. It is an excellent image worth a look.

DarkElegance ( ) posted Thu, 11 March 2004 at 4:46 PM

well today I got another request for ...naked figure. yes surprising I know. but I felt like going yes I can make naked figures actually fond of it but there is a great site..renderosity it is like the supermarket of naked figures...there is EVERYTHING naked. men woman there is a house mouse naked in a forum...redheads blondes asian...you got it! ~giggles~ the thing is the in demand thing is NOT just at renderosity. I get it all the time. in tattoo work...in ink....it is everywhere. an apparently it is that way through history as well. naked grecians were popular...look at eqyptian temples naked or ...er...engaged in certain acts with blue lotus EVERYWHERE{still laughs about that since watching that docu} I wonder though while watching a show about the rainforest..seeing the people walking around naked with feathers stuck to their head to make what looked like a wonderfull white soft fluffy head band on the woman....what would THEY consider a pinup? they do everything naked. make you realize naked isnt that big of a deal :)

https://www.darkelegance.co.uk/

Commission open.

mayhem ( ) posted Sun, 14 March 2004 at 10:51 PM

Yes, that which is hidden from the public eye becomes the spotlight of attention when put into public domain. It is basic sociology. For example, if women began to wear gloves in the public eye and cover their hands as if it were taboo to expose their hands in public, naked hand pin ups would polute the galleries at R'sity. DarkElegance, I have a request for some naked hand pinups..how 'bout it?

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.