Mon, Oct 7, 12:27 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / 3D Applications

Welcome to the 3D Applications Forum

(Last Updated: 2024 Aug 27 11:07 am)

Commercial & Educational Software available at the Marketplace.

Subject: more on Metasequoia Le

manleystanley ( ) posted Wed, 10 March 2004 at 10:14 PM · edited Mon, 07 October 2024 at 12:26 PM

Sence some may answer a few of my MetaLe questions I have a few; hay I've only been working with it a couple of weeks. Invisable objects is my top one right now. Every now and again when I load an obj file I get no object, there is one it has an object file and a mat file but I just don't see it. zoomed out, zipper around, reloaded the object and centered it. But I didn't see it. tangent. Is there a good free stand alone lighting program avalible? I'm trying to do stills of my planes and can't get the plane lite right to mach the back ground in Metasequoia Le.

pearce ( ) posted Thu, 11 March 2004 at 10:40 AM

Only thing I can think of is to try altering the render settings in the VIEW option in the tool panel (D3D is best). Don't know of any lighting prog, but Meta is not the best for rendering for display. I would suggest going to the Caligari website and looking for a free download of Truespace 3.2. That will read COB files saved from LE, and has a pretty good renderer, along with all the lighting options you are likely to need. It's weak on modeling though, so it makes a good companion to LE. I will have a look at the Caligari site now & see if that download is still available. Back soon.. M.

pearce ( ) posted Thu, 11 March 2004 at 10:43 AM

Attached Link: http://forms.caligari.com/forms/ts3all_free.html

Here's the link. Highly recommended, but it will be a long download, so use a download manager if you have one. M.

manleystanley ( ) posted Thu, 11 March 2004 at 5:00 PM

Apresiate; no I can't spell, all the help. I already have it set on d3d. I use the 2.3 version of meta not the Le for rendering. It just works better, renders twice as good and has more options; just got to figure out the UV thing. I'm just down loading thing faster then I can learn how to use them[ I have 2 uvrap programs now that mystafie me.] I'm on dialup so I'm used to long down loads, can't be helped I live in a vary rual communety; broad band is a female singing group. Maya was a seven and a half hour; over night, down load. thanks for the link.

pearce ( ) posted Thu, 11 March 2004 at 6:20 PM

Detailed UV work takes a while to master whatever program you use, but you'll get there if you stick at it. It took me weeks of spending hours at a time on the computer to get totally familiar with the UV prog I use -- and it still usually takes as long to texture as to model. I live out in the country myself, and I don't think we'll ever get broadband here, so I know that download situation :) M.

GonWaki ( ) posted Fri, 12 March 2004 at 12:33 AM

Thread moved from the Community Center Forum

pearce ( ) posted Fri, 12 March 2004 at 8:58 PM

Astute move, gonwaki: but you might have left a pointer in the old forum for manleystanley, who is a newbie. Until there's a Metasequoia forum, us users have to hang around on the equivalalent of Renderosity's street corners. Mick.

manleystanley ( ) posted Fri, 12 March 2004 at 9:39 PM

Yes, Mick's right. An e-mail would have been nice. Sorry I don't live on line. Not my phone line.

GonWaki ( ) posted Sat, 13 March 2004 at 8:25 AM

An email and IM was sent immediately after all three threads were moved. The notice above, see #6, was posted after the thread was moved. Thus a "pointer" was automatically created by the system.

pearce ( ) posted Sun, 14 March 2004 at 4:30 PM

WEll I didn't get an email or an IM. But it's OK; we all know where we are now ;) It's cool. mick.

pearce ( ) posted Sun, 14 March 2004 at 4:32 PM

..any chance of us taking over the Strata 3D ghost forum?? m ;)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.