Fri, Sep 20, 12:51 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Photoshop

Welcome to the Photoshop Forum

Forum Moderators: Wolfenshire, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Photoshop F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 10:49 pm)

Our mission is to provide an open community and unique environment where anyone interested in learning more about Adobe Photoshop can share their experience and knowledge, post their work for review and critique by their peers, and learn new techniques while developing the skills that allow each individual to realize their own unique artistic vision. We do not limit this forum to any style of work, and we strongly encourage people of all levels and interests to participate.

Are you up to the challenge??
Sharpen your Photoshop skill with this monthly challenge...

Checkout the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: Missing Photoshop .DLL situation

Yunas_Guardian ( ) posted Tue, 16 March 2004 at 9:36 AM · edited Thu, 19 September 2024 at 10:51 PM

Hiya. Not sure how this happened, but I think it had something to do with un-installing an old Adobe program. When I start Photoshop 7 I get this message "This application has failed to start because MSVCP70.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem." After that, though, PS7 opens like normal. It's strange. Before I re-install it, which I find annoying and tedious, I was curious if there was a quicker way to get this particular .DLL. I un-installed an old version of Acrobat last week and that's when this started. I'm guessing there's an easier way to get this because of the file name. MS to me equals Microsoft, and VC may be something like Visual Client. Dunno. If nothing else I can re-install everything, but I figured I'd ask here for info first in case a small download would cure the problem. Photoshop still works as normal, so this obviously isn't a big problem. Just the dialogue gets old because I often open and close photoshop a lot. Thanks for any help. Ciao.

wipe ( ) posted Tue, 16 March 2004 at 10:26 AM

I did a quick search and found 6 instances of MSVCP70.dll, though not in the Photoshop(CS) folder(that was MSVCP60.dll) C:Program Filesbackburner 2 C:WINDOWSsystem32 C:Program FilesAdobePremiere Pro C:Program Filesdiscreetcombustion 3 C:Program FilesAdobeAfter Effects 6.0Support Files C:Program FilesMicrosoft OfficeOffice10VS Runtime They were all 476 KB though, wonder what would happen if you copied one? My advice would be to Reinstall Photoshop, your plugins folder shouldn't be affected.

Poppy ( ) posted Tue, 16 March 2004 at 12:21 PM

I had the same problem! didn't know what to do ..so I searched google to find out what type of file it was was, I also found the actual file....so I downloaded it and put it in the dir...NO Problem at all !! no more annoying messages! Poppy

futaba ( ) posted Sun, 21 March 2004 at 9:11 PM

I Just found a link for missing files DLL files might want to give it a try!!http://www.snapfiles.com/help/missingfiles.html

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.