Sat, Sep 21, 12:58 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 5:40 am)

Subject: Future?

Kurka ( ) posted Thu, 18 March 2004 at 2:00 PM · edited Thu, 25 July 2024 at 1:43 PM

Does anybody have any ideas about Vue5? I'm particularly interested in knowing if the plant studio will be included. I've tried the Vue pro Demo, and I'm impressed by the plant editing possibilities. Not enough to shell out $400.00 bucks, though. Thanks. Nando.

gebe ( ) posted Thu, 18 March 2004 at 2:01 PM

No idea about Vue 5 yet.

gillbrooks ( ) posted Thu, 18 March 2004 at 3:02 PM

If they were to put a plant editor in Vue 5 I'm sure those of us who HAVE shelled out for Vue Pro would not be too happy! And for the record, I paid more than most as I live in England..over 320 - so that's what ........... around $600 ??? And that was just for the 'sidegrade' alone.

Gill

Kurka ( ) posted Thu, 18 March 2004 at 3:37 PM

From what I see, Pro users are not all that happy right now.
They could limit it so that it does not export to other programs. They will have to come up with some enticements to make us upgrade. I mean: XFrog full for $259.00.
Nando.

war2 ( ) posted Thu, 18 March 2004 at 4:53 PM

i personaly hope they pull out all the plugs. vue5 needs to be a signifcant improvement over vue4, which means that part from the render farm capacity of vue4 pro and alittle less export/import functions, pretty much everything in it should be included in vue5 aswell + some aditional inprovements. why ? if not it just wont be much of an upgrade, + carrara is improving rapidly, and in pretty much the same price range. and just as the regular vue5 would need lots of improvements, so would of course the vue5 pro version need, but to me the biggest difference would be the render farm and export/import functions, thats what should differentiate the 2 apps, and nothing else. i love vue4, its to be honest the 3d app im using the most, but when comparing vue4 to vue4 pro, well if we remove the plant editor and the render farm and the export import the difference would be to small to be justified being called vue5 and doing any good. and especially if we condsider the improvements carrara is doing since im sure c4 will be around pretty much the same timeframe as vue5. so in short vue4 is a great app today, the best in its segment, but vue5 needs alot of improvements and i seriosly believe it needs a real tree editor.

Burnart ( ) posted Fri, 19 March 2004 at 3:06 AM

It would be good if they added some of the extra animation and plant features from pro but didn't necessarily include the camera and lighting matching component for fancy compositing with the more sophisticated pro software. (Just for the record I also think the sidegrade offer is kinda stingy.)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.