Fri, Jul 19, 1:41 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Jun 25 7:29 pm)

Subject: Boolean Newbie

Angelouscuitry ( ) posted Tue, 09 March 2004 at 2:10 PM ยท edited Thu, 18 July 2024 at 12:20 PM

This is the third time I've writen this, my browser keeps erasing me! Would anoyne be so kind as to explain to post a few screenshots explaing how to subtract one figure from another slightly larger copy of the same figure, so as to make the larger figure hollow, and suitable for Basic Glass and other very transparent material, pretty, pretty, pretty please? Any reply will be appreciated! The other day I got this IM after I questioned her of how she managed to render the image in this title: Instant Message from Jambob: Hi, I did send an email, havn't you got it yet? ummm if not, to hollow the figure you have to duplicate it, resize the duplicate slightly smaller than the original, under attributes change the properties of the duplicate figure to negative, then select the original figure and change its properties to positive, group the two figures together and you should have a hollow shell :) (I sent the email to the address you gave "angelouscuitry@lycos.com" should I try sending it to "menoruyz@lycos.com")? (Sent 3/9 03:31) [Reply] [Reply & Delete] [Reply & Archive] [Archive] [Delete] I was approaching this solution from the angle of exporting the shell from my figures native .PZ3, in the two post I wrote about doing this last week and the week before.

Angelouscuitry ( ) posted Tue, 09 March 2004 at 2:13 PM

I have browsed throught the backroom looking for tutorials, if any has one particular in mind please link!

gebe ( ) posted Tue, 09 March 2004 at 3:07 PM

Boolean1 and Boolean2 in my tutorials section. Just click the link guittalogo.GIF Tutorials for beginners

Angelouscuitry ( ) posted Thu, 18 March 2004 at 5:26 PM

file_101730.jpg

gebe - Thanks for the link, but I must be misunderstanding some rule of proportion. I copied the first figure, and resized it a by -%5, repoitioned it to the same coordinates as the origional, selected both in the appropriate order, and clicked our Boolean Differance button...

Any ideas of wich other program(s) this may be easier in?

Angelouscuitry ( ) posted Thu, 18 March 2004 at 5:48 PM

gebe - Someone in the 3D Applications forum told me the term of what I'm rying to do is known as "parallel offset" and "shelling." I hav'nt checked yet, but I'm wondering which program this is accomplished with most easily, any idea? I'm very much sow hoping Carrara can do it, that's my best guess...

gebe ( ) posted Fri, 19 March 2004 at 3:57 AM

I think you cannot do booleans with Poser figures inside Vue

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.