Tue, Oct 22, 12:30 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 20 11:30 am)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: OT: I hate white vans..

clay ( ) posted Sun, 21 March 2004 at 6:41 AM · edited Tue, 22 October 2024 at 10:37 AM

file_103149.jpg

This off topic..but worth mentioning...yesterday we had a family loss. My new cat Tigger was playing outside, he never leaves the yard, but on this occasion he just happend to run after a ball the kids were playing with..well it happend..an IDIOT in a white minivan came screamin down the nice quiet street we live on and run over him..didn't stop..slow down..or anything..this all happend in front of my two nieces, my nephew and the neighbor kid!!! So just slow down everyone, that next pet might be yours!!! Any ways..here's Tigger.

Do atleast one thing a day that scares the hell outta ya!!

draculaz ( ) posted Sun, 21 March 2004 at 6:47 AM

sorry to hear about your loss man :( drac

Elsina ( ) posted Sun, 21 March 2004 at 7:01 AM

So sorry! Happened to my cat when I was four. Never took a cat again.

My gallery @ Renderosity

pogmahone ( ) posted Sun, 21 March 2004 at 7:09 AM

very sorry to hear about your cat. I mentally say goodbye to my cat every time I let him out, 'cos roads are so dangerous and cats have no sense :o(

brodiss ( ) posted Sun, 21 March 2004 at 7:35 AM

so sorry to hear about your loss. :( we have a lot of hoons around here so i've brought up both my cats as indoor cats - lots of toys and cat stuff to keep them content. i'd be so cut if i lost one of my 'girls'

Zhann ( ) posted Sun, 21 March 2004 at 7:45 AM

Oh no, I'm heartbroken to hear this, I've had so many losses in the past month, I guess I'm a little sensitive to pet losses...he looks the absolute cutie...I'm so sorry for your loss. It's been my experience that the people who do this(tear down a neighbor street where you -know- children will be playing), have no regard for the possibility that a life may be at stake, it could have very well been one of the kids who went after the ball, and the fact that they didn't even stop tells that the driver felt the loss of the kitten's life was insignificant...how sad...:(

Bryce Forum Coordinator....

Vision is the Art of seeing things invisible...

gillbrooks ( ) posted Sun, 21 March 2004 at 8:02 AM

Oh how awful. Brought back memories of my dog being hit and killed by a boy racer way back in '83 - when you see it, you never can forget. So sorry :-(

Gill

TheBryster ( ) posted Sun, 21 March 2004 at 8:05 AM
Forum Moderator

Well this is a week for condolences and no mistake! Sorry to hear about the kitten, Clay.

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader

All the Woes of a World by Jonathan Icknield aka The Bryster

And in my final hours - I would cling rather to the tattooed hand of kindness - than the unblemished hand of hate...

unclebob ( ) posted Sun, 21 March 2004 at 9:10 AM

sorry for the loss of your kitten. I swear every close encounter I've had with minivans makes me think the owner gets a frontal lobotomy with the purchase.

drawbridgep ( ) posted Sun, 21 March 2004 at 9:12 AM

Sorry Clay.

---------
Phillip Drawbridge
Website 
Facebook

Ang25 ( ) posted Sun, 21 March 2004 at 10:54 AM

Sorry to hear about your loss but worse that your neices had to see it happen, I know how horrifying that is. I saw my dog hit when she chased after another dog who had come into our yard. I've hit a cat before and I stopped and waited for the spca to come and take it after finding out that it was a stray. But it died just as they arrived. I live on a main route and even though its 40 mph here so many people speed thru. Its scary. Like said before what if it were a child. Not that losing a pet isn't horrible too. On a positive note, not everyone drives away. One of our cats had a bad habbit of getting hurt. My mother happened to see someone stop and pick her up out of the road and take her away but I assume she'd ran out of luck. But if not, I know that whoever took her must have done it to get her medical attention and maybe they now have a wonderful cat.

sackrat ( ) posted Sun, 21 March 2004 at 11:07 AM

He was a very handsome pussycat.

"Any club that would have me as a member is probably not worth joining" -Groucho Marx

RodsArt ( ) posted Sun, 21 March 2004 at 12:00 PM

Sorry to hear about your loss clay. I too wish people would slow down, our street is the same, small, queit with kids & pets. Occasionally people feel the need for speed and use this 2 car wide street as their playground without any thought of the consequences.

___
Ockham's razor- It's that simple

rickymaveety ( ) posted Sun, 21 March 2004 at 1:01 PM

Oh, poor sweet baby!! And that children should see it happen. Clay, I am so sorry. If there's any upside, at least Tigger didn't suffer and he didn't take one or more of the children with him. We had a hit and run here with a dead child just recently. No one, but no one, should speed through residential neighborhoods. My gang will continue to be inside only cats because of people like that.

Could be worse, could be raining.

Ardiva ( ) posted Sun, 21 March 2004 at 2:55 PM

I'm so sorry for your loss. :-( I have an inside cat- She only got out once in her two years. It was a harrowing night for me until she safely returned in the morning all tuckered out. Bless Tigger, he certainly gave up his life to save the children. hugs Helen

GROINGRINDER ( ) posted Sun, 21 March 2004 at 3:07 PM

I am sorry to hear about your cat. I hate folks who speed through residential areas!!! The speed limit is 25 mph in my neighborhood, but every body is in such a hurry that most folks do 50.

DJB ( ) posted Sun, 21 March 2004 at 3:27 PM

So sad.i'm touched by it.Sad for your nieces also.Not sure where you live,but here minivan people are the boon of our society.I stay clear.

"The happiness of a man in this life does not consist in the absence but in the mastery of his passions."

Damia ( ) posted Sun, 21 March 2004 at 4:47 PM

Oh, poor kitty! I'm so sorry. I am an avid animal lover and hate it when things like this happen. I hope the kids aren't too scarred by it. I know I would've been. My cat was indoors for about a year and then it was torture for her so I let her out. We are in the country and the house sits far back on the property. I've only seen her in the road a couple times and I gave her a very stern talking-to. She is my baby. Tigger looked like a great little kitty. What a face! Again, I am very sorry. :(

~Damia~ LeviathanPhotography

Erlik ( ) posted Sun, 21 March 2004 at 6:28 PM

I'm so sorry. He was a very cute cat.

-- erlik

Nukeboy ( ) posted Sun, 21 March 2004 at 6:28 PM

file_103150.jpg

I'm so sorry for you and your neices. We've lost three cats in the past year, one disappeared, but was fiercely loyal so we know an animal got him, the second had cancer and we had to put her to sleep, and the third was killed by a raccoon - I found his remains before my wife did, thank God.

My wife has been very upset about the cats when a neighbor dropped by and showed us a kitten her son found. They couldn't keep him so they asked us if we would. It was love at first sight.

We live on a quiet dirt road filled with kids cats and dogs. Most drive slowly as not to kick up dirt as well as the animals and kids. But every now and then some %$^$% soccer mom comes screaming down the street in her mini van to drop off one of her "kids". It amazes me how a mother can be so irresponsible when it comes to their driving mini vans. I so agree with you, Clay!

I'm always going to worry about our new little kitty. His Name is Ivan because he is a Russian Blue, and one look at this picture, you know that "terrible" has to be tacked on!

Saorry again about your loss. Please go to a shelter and adopt a new kitten after a time.

Zhann ( ) posted Sun, 21 March 2004 at 6:48 PM

Nukeboy, what a handsome devil you blue is....:)

Bryce Forum Coordinator....

Vision is the Art of seeing things invisible...

Syncopate ( ) posted Sun, 21 March 2004 at 7:09 PM

So sorry to hear about your kitty, with the sweet and innocent face! We lost two pets last year, one in August, and one in September. Our dog, Pepper, a terrier mixed, passed away in the backyard while we were out shopping. That made me feel horrid we were not here for her. She was about 15 years old, not sure because she was a pound rescue. Then 32 days later, our beloved cream Persian had to be put down because he could hardly breathe from the lung cancer he had - and we didn't know it! (No one in our house smokes, but our sons brought it in on their clothing). He was 13 1/2 years old...would have been 14 in October. I do feel for your children who witnessed this. I remember seeing a neighbor's dog get hit as a child, and my own little kitten too. It does hurt for a very long time like that.

Quest ( ) posted Sun, 21 March 2004 at 7:45 PM

Such an adorable face on that kitten Clay, I too am sorry for your loss. It makes me angry to read about this recklessness and total disregard for life, and to hear that the children witnessed the whole thing really is sad. Nuke, that's one handsome cat you've got there.

Melansian_Mentat ( ) posted Sun, 21 March 2004 at 9:22 PM

I'm so sorry about your loss, Clay. I felt the same when I found the tail of our fox near our house. We think a mongoose or something of that nature got him. :( We had the little guy from infancy.

Swade ( ) posted Sun, 21 March 2004 at 9:45 PM

Man.... I love my pets. They are truely family members. It is very hard to lose a pet.... almost like losing a human family member. I am very sorry to hear about your loss. Wade

There are 10 kinds of people: Those who know binary, and those who don't. 

A whiner is about as useful as a one-legged man at an arse kicking contest.

erosiaart ( ) posted Sun, 21 March 2004 at 11:03 PM

I'm sorry you lost your cat.. pets are irreplacable.

Gog ( ) posted Mon, 22 March 2004 at 6:43 AM

Sorry to hear, this we lost our kitten just before christmas (we still have the mother) the kids in the school next door were all really upset (our cats are always in the playground being fussed, they follow my daughter in to school). Even worse, the driver got out threw the body in the bushes by the school and drove off. Just thank God that it wasn't one of the kids that got hit.

----------

Toolset: Blender, GIMP, Indigo Render, LuxRender, TopMod, Knotplot, Ivy Gen, Plant Studio.

catlin_mc ( ) posted Mon, 22 March 2004 at 11:27 AM

This is so sad Clay sorry to hear about your little kitty. A cat I had years ago managed to escape from the yard and got hit with a car, I went out looking for him and found him on the pavement with his skull crashed in. Drivers can be so irrisponsible at times and I agree they should slow down in residential areas. Catlin

kirasha ( ) posted Mon, 22 March 2004 at 1:05 PM

I'm so sorry. He looks just the cutie. And that the kids were witness to it as well! My thoughts go with all of you. JL

eelie ( ) posted Mon, 22 March 2004 at 1:56 PM

Days late but my input... I'm really sorry to hear this Clay. I, too, know how I would feel if it had been one of my babies. Silly brainless things, they don't understand the big metal beasties. I know what everyone means about inconsiderate folks; we have them in our neighborhood also. I made some angry with me last week but I don't care. I was driving with my mother when the infamous ball came out of nowhere across the street in front of me. I knew there'd be a kid next, so I stopped. This little girl, who fortunately had some sense and good training, was trying to get across the street to get the ball. Every time there was a slight gap in oncoming traffic, she'd make a dart for it, but would stop when they wouldn't even slow down for her. Finally, another car stopped and we sat there holding up traffic until she could get the ball and get safely back across. Folks behind me were upset but I didn't care. Now, not to be facetious, but if anyone has lost a cat, I probably have it. We average about 3 acquired strays a year. Most wander in, recoup, then wander back out but about one a year stays. If the white long-haired male, long-haired tabby female, short-haired grey with ringed tail male is your's, they're at my house. ;)

danamo ( ) posted Mon, 22 March 2004 at 6:33 PM

Sorry to hear about your kitty Clay. I know how much my two cats mean to me. They're just like family. I've lost 2 cats in the last two years. They went outside in the morning and never came back. Now both of my remaining cats are indoor cats.

bikermouse ( ) posted Thu, 25 March 2004 at 5:14 AM

Clay, When "Mr" Kitty left I never knew what happened to her. I think it would have been a lot worse if I saw her getting run over or something. Alas, poor Tigger. My condolences, - TJ

Nukeboy ( ) posted Thu, 25 March 2004 at 11:42 PM

eelie; bless you for taking strays. And everyone who takes a pet, spade or neuter them. Save some poor creature from a miserable life or untimely death.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.