Fri, Sep 20, 1:49 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 6:55 am)

Subject: Updating P5 Which of these do I choose?

lululee ( ) posted Sun, 21 March 2004 at 10:27 AM · edited Wed, 18 September 2024 at 9:26 PM

I am going to take the plunge and update my P5. Do I install both of these or just one. Thanks for your help. I know there were some issues soI would like to do this correctly. cheerio lululee Poser 5 - Service Release 4.1 Application Updater or (Poser5-SR4.zip 22.58 MB)

lululee ( ) posted Sun, 21 March 2004 at 10:28 AM

Dah! Are they the same thing? More coffee please.

Indoda ( ) posted Sun, 21 March 2004 at 10:31 AM

SR 4.1 is a combination of all the SRs. I'd just go with that one. Sorry I'm out of coffee will tea do?

The important thing is not to stop questioning.
- Albert Einstein

Indoda

lululee ( ) posted Sun, 21 March 2004 at 10:54 AM

Thanks so much Indoda. Sure at this point any kind of caffeine will do. cheerio lululee

nerd ( ) posted Sun, 21 March 2004 at 10:56 AM
Forum Moderator

P.S. If you have never run the figure update you'll want to do that too. It hasn't changed since SR2 though if you did it then you don't need to do it now. Nerd says < SR 4 is a REAALY good thing! Lots of important things fixed I don't think any thing got broken.

ladydawg ( ) posted Sun, 21 March 2004 at 12:59 PM

That particular update that I took the plunge on kind of upset my Poser methods... Ever since the update I can't change the background color, and I have to watch how close to the edges my models are because it'll cut off about 100 pixels of it on each side in the final render....... Just little things that are driving me nuts!...

nerd ( ) posted Sun, 21 March 2004 at 1:14 PM
Forum Moderator

Can't change background color... Your preferred state is probably corrupted. Set poser to launch to factory state, exit and repoen. Then position your windows back where you like them and resave your preferred state. Probably better delete all the UI dots too. 100 PX cut off? Not doing that for me. What's the setup where you see this? Nerd

ladydawg ( ) posted Sun, 21 March 2004 at 1:29 PM

I'll try that. I figure I would block off some time when my finals are over to fix it...But thanks for soemthing to try in the mean time... I usually set my renders to 2400x2600 300 dpi...When I do the final render...I'll find that about 100 pixels on each side were cut off from the Poser file I'm rendering. I usually just have to zoom in on the camera so that all of it will render.

Becco_UK ( ) posted Sun, 21 March 2004 at 6:52 PM

I had trouble with Poser after installing the latest upgrade - so I'm happily sticking with SR3 for Poser 5.

hauksdottir ( ) posted Mon, 22 March 2004 at 2:10 AM

The readme for the SR4 updater said something about the background color getting stuck and how to unstick it. (some problem with a node) There are 3-4 posts on this, check for links. I'm not sure if it was caught with the 4.1 update, but it just takes a second to do a couple of deletes and things work normally again.

ladydawg ( ) posted Mon, 22 March 2004 at 10:29 AM

Thanks..I got it back to normal....This is what I get for being in college at my age. Can't keep up with everything else.... ;0)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.