Sat, Sep 21, 12:00 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Community Center

Welcome to the Community Center Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Community Center F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 8:42 pm)

Forum news, updates, events, etc. Please sitemail any notices or questions for the staff to the Forum Moderators.

Subject: EdgeNet Responds

artgrafx ( ) posted Wed, 20 September 2000 at 5:23 PM

On the restaurant analogy...Edgenet is just the landlord. If you got rid of the waiter....no big deal, But when you get rid of the Chefs or dictate to the customers as to what part of the menu they can choose from...THAT is different.

MaxG ( ) posted Wed, 20 September 2000 at 5:56 PM

I already don't like the "feel" of this new change for the site. Jack,can you get into a new domain and rebuild this community site???? Is there anything any of us can do to help? Let us know.....sorry to hear you were screwed. Can you create a private community club with yearly membership dues? No one likes to pay but really, the internet costs money and if everyone wants a community they should be willing to help out. There should be enough Artists to sustain a resource site. Let us know where you head to, so we can join !!!! Regards and Thanks! Maxx

JeffH ( ) posted Wed, 20 September 2000 at 6:23 PM

Rico, You are correct..you are NEW to Renderosity. Had you been here longer you would know who built this place: Roy Riggs. -Jeff H.

Shaerra ( ) posted Wed, 20 September 2000 at 8:08 PM

I've only really 2 things to say about this whole thing: 1. This was EN's 2nd chance. I supported them through the previous time they screwed the admin over, due to other reasons, and no, I'm not going to go into those and add to the flames raging. Again, this was their 2nd chance, and unfortunately they again betrayed our trust. Yes they are out to make money, but would you invest in a company with dodgy ethics? 2. Jack and Ed have never done anything to abuse our trust in them in the last 12 months. They have often and always included us, the community, in decisions regarding the community. Given those 2 points, I'll be visiting Jack and Ed's site, and as I have only a limited time to devote to visiting forum sites, it will be the only one. Shae

Butch ( ) posted Thu, 21 September 2000 at 8:52 AM

Just reading through things and something occured to me. Our family business was ran at a lost for years, for tax reasons. I also know from working at the IRS, that sometimes businesses can make more by losing money than if they make money. I am not saying that is the case here, but it something to think about.

Lestat ( ) posted Thu, 21 September 2000 at 10:15 AM

Mmmmm. McDonald's.

Ironbear ( ) posted Thu, 21 September 2000 at 7:17 PM

Heh. Got an idea Lestat... Lets let these guys argue about who was here first and you and I sneak off the Wendy's for a couple of burgers and a some Frosty's? Sound like a plan? At this point, who was here first... who's a newbie... who's an oldie... who did whut to whom seems like a non issue. That was then, this is now. We're here today, not yesterday. What's important is what we do today for the present and future. And what Tim, Edgenet and everyone plans to do, which I seem to see has been stated, one way or the other. Mayhaps not to everyone's satisfaction... but stated. C'mon Lestat... Lets go get some fries.

"I am a good person now and it feels... well, pretty much the same as I felt before (except that the headaches have gone away now that I'm not wearing control top pantyhose on my head anymore)"

• Monkeysmell

Lestat ( ) posted Thu, 21 September 2000 at 9:37 PM

Man, I really just want a chicken sandwich and a frosty........ N'kay! Double Cheese type thingy and some fries. Just a plain old vanilla frosty though. I got stuff to move...

Doom Dancer ( ) posted Fri, 22 September 2000 at 2:38 PM

One thing to point out in all of this (humor intended): They will not be McDonalds cooks...most likely they will be Roy Roger's cooks. McDonalds is still in business. I don't give a goddam who created this but, who breathed life into this and gave it a face. Roy Riggs, sad to say, was not it. Good programming does not by default make a person a "savvy" businessman. I am an observer and do not know what happened behind the scenes but, I do know this: The first MALICIOUS attacks were made by Edgenet (or other side people if you perfer) people (malicious meaning: F You, You Suck, blow me...ad infinitum) I am a businessman myself and that, my friends, is what we call BAD BUSINESS. And it is the reason I pulled my posts.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.