Mon, Oct 7, 12:31 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Community Center

Welcome to the Community Center Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Community Center F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 07 9:52 am)

Forum news, updates, events, etc. Please sitemail any notices or questions for the staff to the Forum Moderators.

Subject: don't lock me out

manleystanley ( ) posted Mon, 22 March 2004 at 7:16 AM · edited Mon, 07 October 2024 at 12:30 PM

Am I the only one that gets their IP address locked out after just two misstakes on login? Anyone here that has read one of my posts knows my spelling is simply atroshis. So I screw up my login regular. Now I can understand why you would get locked out for trying to use an invalid code repeatedly , but please give me more then two misstakes in a day. I've already used one of them up just getting here this morning.

Jumpstartme2 ( ) posted Mon, 22 March 2004 at 9:53 AM

Thats weird..I have forgotten my password once or twice, and kept trying to login, using different passwords till I remembered what it was...never got locked out tho...just kept getting the login screen... Are you saying that you get locked out to where you can't even get to the login screen, or are you saying that the system won't allow you to login with a misspelled login name? AFAIK, no system will allow the latter..Im not sure if the login here is case sensitive or not..but I do know the user id and password must be spelled correctly in order for the system to recognize you.

~Jani

Renderosity Community Admin
---------------------------------------

manleystanley ( ) posted Mon, 22 March 2004 at 10:02 AM

No I don't get locked out of the login screen but nomatter how many time I relogin {and triple check my spelling, you know me} it says the same thing " you have reached you maximum errors for the day you IP is locked out, send e-mail to admin" or something to that general effect.

Jumpstartme2 ( ) posted Mon, 22 March 2004 at 10:21 AM

Whoa! We got maximum errors here?? I've never heard of such a thing....lets see what we can find out ;) There shouldn't be a amount of times you can have an error logging in..{like when I forget my password..sometimes I have tried over 6 times or more..never got that error} Admin/Mods?

~Jani

Renderosity Community Admin
---------------------------------------

manleystanley ( ) posted Mon, 22 March 2004 at 10:47 AM

hmmm... something keeps happening to my replies. I've had three evaporate this morning and I don't jumpstartme got my IM. Keep getting page read errors. But this has nothing to do with the lock out. Can't say more then I have, I've e-mailed admin about it twice; thats what it said to do, never got a responce on the second one. first one said it resets after four hours.

GonWaki ( ) posted Mon, 22 March 2004 at 12:47 PM

How many days/times have you been locked out? If this happens again, take a screenshot and contact me. In the meantime, clear out all your cookies, cache, and history. Close the browser, disconnect from your ISP, and reboot.

odeathoflife ( ) posted Mon, 22 March 2004 at 12:54 PM

This happens to me once and a while as well.......I forget why though.

♠Ω Poser eZine Ω♠
♠Ω Poser Free Stuff Ω♠
♠Ω My Homepage Ω♠

www.3rddimensiongraphics.net

StaceyG ( ) posted Mon, 22 March 2004 at 1:10 PM

Hi, The thing with IP addresses being blocked is something that happens when a particular user, using a particular IP address tries unsuccessfully to log in so many times. This triggers a 'lockout' response to keep the site from being hacked. If your service provider, for instance AOL, reuses IP addresses, you get someone else's errors. There really isn't any way for us to know you are a different person than the one who just tried to hack in. We apologize for any inconvenience to you for this, but the security of our site is really important to us :-) Any time you get locked out, just pop us a note and we promise to get you logged back in within 24 hours. Thanks, Stacey Renderosity Admin

manleystanley ( ) posted Mon, 22 March 2004 at 2:21 PM

I should have known it was aol, I have constent problems with their interface. Gonwaki, I do all of that on a regular bases; like every time I go of line. I have to to keep aol's internet adapter going. It's happend a few times, the first couple I just blew off. It sure sounds like its time for me to change ISPs. oh, I still haven't learned how to do a screen capture, never had a need to know how. Stacy, I appresiate the intent but I can usually get back on after four hours. Now that I know whats up, I wont get so upset about it, at least not with renderosity.

pearce ( ) posted Mon, 22 March 2004 at 6:39 PM

You should be able to do a screen capture by pressing the "PrintScrn" button on your keyboard. You then open a paint program & do `Paste'. That's what I do anyway. m.

spinner ( ) posted Mon, 22 March 2004 at 8:56 PM

Heard of cookies, and "keep me logged in", Stanley ? ;-) I've had this sometimes, and it's as the mods say - You've probably caught onto someone else's IP when they screwed up their login, wilfully or unwillfully. ~S

roadrunner69 ( ) posted Mon, 22 March 2004 at 9:41 PM

I have my pc set up to 'remember' my 'user name' and 'password' at renderosity .... when I come into renderosity.com , I then click onto 'log on' .... after about 30 seconds (dial up) it automatically fills in the 'name' and the 'password' with 'xxxx' .... then I simply click onto 'submit' and it gets me 'into' renderosity, fully .... is this a feasible solution for you?? (don't have to 'worry' any longer' about 'spelling' or typing in ANYTHING!! .... LOL) .... RR69.

Ardiva ( ) posted Mon, 22 March 2004 at 10:26 PM

I solve that problem by just not deleting the 'cookie' from here. So that way I don't even have to logout OR login. :-)

manleystanley ( ) posted Mon, 22 March 2004 at 10:40 PM

It does sound like the best thing for me to do is save my cookie from here. Usually when I go off line I do a rather stringent clean up, just habit. I like my programs to run as fast as possable, we all know just how long some of those high-res rnders can take, without any cluter to trip over. RR69; is that a superbee, I'm just too pariniod to have anything auto sign in. One morning I got up and my computer was trying to go on line to upload a 4.8 gig file; the contents of my HHD. I didn't then and don't now have my aol password auto-sign.

manleystanley ( ) posted Mon, 22 March 2004 at 10:42 PM

Daaa, there's another way to screen capture and I do it all the time when I copy tutorials; save file as, Daaaaa.

roadrunner69 ( ) posted Tue, 23 March 2004 at 12:06 AM

ARDIVA is so smart .... I'll have to write a new 'computer' poem and add the word 'cookie' to it? .... wink! .... Manleystanley .... super bee? .... no .... plain old 'road runner' .... P.S.... at MY age,I look forward to 'bills' in my mailbox, and even 'nasty remarks' and 'sales pitches' online! ....hehe.... (sad, huh!?) .... take care.

manleystanley ( ) posted Tue, 23 March 2004 at 12:12 AM

Oh, don't I know. I subscribe to four different Techtv news letters, those and e-bots are about all I get. more or less.

pearce ( ) posted Tue, 23 March 2004 at 5:06 PM

"...computer was trying to go on line.." Wot, no firewall?? Get Zone Alarm right now ;) m.

hawkstheman ( ) posted Tue, 30 March 2004 at 5:41 PM
Online Now!

Attached Link: http://dsbl.org/main

I've had reouble ISP'S being blocked maybe this link would be useful to anyone experiencing this type of problem

"Power tends to corrupt, and absolute power corrupts absolutely" - Lord Acton 1877

"Unlimited power is apt to corrupt the minds of those who possess it" - William Pitt, the Elder 1770

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.