Sun, Sep 22, 8:21 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Community Center

Welcome to the Community Center Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Community Center F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 8:42 pm)

Forum news, updates, events, etc. Please sitemail any notices or questions for the staff to the Forum Moderators.

Subject: To the Admin: Relaying private message from Dillinger

Octavio1 ( ) posted Fri, 22 September 2000 at 5:49 PM · edited Wed, 18 September 2024 at 3:51 PM

I had sent a private message to this individual stating that: I supported him and voted "no action". I also had asked that he please, please back it down for the sake of the community. The reply I got is as follows (I have modified the expletitives): Private Message from Dillinger: I don't give a sht whether you support me or not. If you didn't have your head up your a* you'd see that what I object to is "People telling me how to act" .. like you are trying to do... a*hole. Shut the fk up and mi And there the message ends. I still do not wish to change my vote, although my impulse is to retailiate with a vindictive action and pound him into the ground as one would drive a nail through a piece of wood. I firmly believe, as personally insulting as this individual is, that we all have the right to express ourselves freely, even those anti-social members who have no sense of public responsibility, civility, or manners. What you are doing will cause a further rift in the community; I would suggest that your focus be on repairing the damage, mending relationships, and bearing in mind the common good of all -- even those we dislike. This is what the sense of a community is.

canary100 ( ) posted Fri, 22 September 2000 at 6:39 PM

Hey Octavio: WHile I can understand your ethos on "live and let live", this guys is beyond anything I have ever encountered in the net. He flamed me (or someone acting as him) 13 times in 10 minutes for expressing my opinion. I say the should ban this guy on the spot. Period.

Octavio1 ( ) posted Fri, 22 September 2000 at 6:54 PM

Canary100: That kind of puts it all in a new light, doesn't it? I see your point. Clearly. OK, I take it back. I take it all back. Ban the putz. I DO NOT, however, want to retract the comment I made regarding the administration's actions. I think a vote might show good intent, but is (for the reasons JDK cited...) wrong. Dead wrong. Thanx for the reply.

Ironbear ( ) posted Fri, 22 September 2000 at 7:42 PM

Ah... I keep working my way through the threads and things get slightly clearer as I go. That sounds more like abuseive behavior than simple profanity. It seems that was against the TOS, the old one at least... Does anyone remember an older thread that carried on a while back, over one member trashing galleries via comments and making personal attacks on other members in forum (And I understand via pvt message and email)? You'd have to dig through the recent crud aways to find it... The only reason I ask, is the member was banned with no "Public Trial" no big hoopla etc. Ok, well some hoopla, at least in the forums. Banning a member for abuse and TOS violations is one thing, If I'd been attacked like Octavia, I'd have scapped it and sent a copy to the admin too. But the public trial thing doesn't seem right.

"I am a good person now and it feels... well, pretty much the same as I felt before (except that the headaches have gone away now that I'm not wearing control top pantyhose on my head anymore)"

• Monkeysmell

Octavio1 ( ) posted Fri, 22 September 2000 at 7:49 PM

Hmmm... sounds like I just made a new friend. Cool!

spaceman ( ) posted Fri, 22 September 2000 at 7:55 PM

Hey Canary I didn't see those 13 attacks Can you give us a link?

Ironbear ( ) posted Fri, 22 September 2000 at 8:27 PM

beams Hi Octavio!

"I am a good person now and it feels... well, pretty much the same as I felt before (except that the headaches have gone away now that I'm not wearing control top pantyhose on my head anymore)"

• Monkeysmell

Octavio1 ( ) posted Fri, 22 September 2000 at 8:37 PM

HI RIGHT BACK! I quit. Go see the "Private Message from Dillinger" forum. Get a hold of me at Renderotica or the new place (look for Dendras.). Gotta tell ya, I'm so p**sed off right now I'm shaking. Let's chat later. My site is also listed there. Be well.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.