Sun, Sep 22, 10:17 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Community Center

Welcome to the Community Center Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Community Center F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 8:42 pm)

Forum news, updates, events, etc. Please sitemail any notices or questions for the staff to the Forum Moderators.

Subject: Two for the Price of One!!!

Jack D. Kammerer ( ) posted Fri, 22 September 2000 at 2:54 PM · edited Sun, 22 September 2024 at 10:16 AM

Hey, line me up against the firing wall too!! Me Next, me next!!! I posted this opinion to it, I doubt that it will be approved, heck I doubt this post will remain here... but some will see it and that is enough for me!! BUT.... here is what my opinion said: "A public witch hunt?? Is this what we have become? This is an action of Free speech? What kind of BS is this?? Because someone speaks up, gives their viewpoints with colorful language that you are going to PUBLICALLY HUMILIATE THEM?? I dare you, post this opinion and put me against that firing wall too... I dare you!! If I was Dillinger, I would be talking to a lawyer about this display!! All I can say, is me next!! Me next!! Jack"

Octavio1 ( ) posted Fri, 22 September 2000 at 3:38 PM

Well said, my friend!!! WELL SAID!!!!!

CharlieBrown ( ) posted Fri, 22 September 2000 at 3:41 PM

Jack, from some comments he's made, Dillinger may BE a lawyer or at least knows some... The Administrators here may have bitten off more than they can chew this time!

bantha ( ) posted Fri, 22 September 2000 at 3:43 PM

Calm down Jack. What's wrong with asking the members if someone should be banned? I my opinion it has nothing to do with a witch hunt, it's more democracy. But if you want to be voted too, I would vote for STAY HERE. Just my opinion, maybe I'm getting intolerant in my older days, but I have seen enough these day... and mostly from people who "left" the site. "leaving" seem to mean come here regulary and show little manners. No, that's neither you nor Ed, but enough people who seem to like trouble. Just my two cents.

A ship in port is safe; but that is not what ships are built for.
Sail out to sea and do new things.
-"Amazing Grace" Hopper

Avatar image of me done by Chidori

Jack D. Kammerer ( ) posted Fri, 22 September 2000 at 3:54 PM

Bantha, my reasoning is this... Voting would completely be swayed by public appearance, or lack of information... look at the reason they are using to Ban him, does that ONE offence justify a public humiliation display? Where is his defense? What about his value to the site for his WHOLE membership period? If you are going to do this Democratically, would it not be a process where EVERYONE can get ALL of the facts? Would he not even be allowed a public defender? Would not the trial last long than a few short hours so that people could Research prior to making a decision?? I this as having the same trouble with Gallery Ratings, people who don't know ALL of the facts make a ruling just for the hell of it... Is that fair?? NOPE... Personally, I think Tim oughta stop hiding behind the Community and seriously grow a pair, since he is so well at swinging it around when it comes to Ed and I and the other moderators... But like every politician, he has to keep his popularity ratings up right now. He blew allot of his popularity this past week for jumping and deleting people, posts and locking out the moderators... now his ass is on the line, so he is going to use the Community to make his decisions for him and take all eyes off of himself... Why be played like that? Jack -One Word "FREEDOM!!!" 0braveheart.jpg

Octavio1 ( ) posted Fri, 22 September 2000 at 3:59 PM

Hey! I'm wearing a blue shirt! Does that mean I should go on trial, too? THIS IS RIDICULOUS!!!!!!!!!!! What is this, GRADE SCHOOL? I think that Ken's response was completely appropriate and should be sufficient. Bantha: I disagree (NOT AN ATTACK, OK?? -- I am TIRED of angry responses...). Artists are emotional, and this is a charged situation. I think if it's ignored it will indeed go away. I really do. A "public trial" is only going to serve to divide the community more, and alienate even more members.

Shaerra ( ) posted Fri, 22 September 2000 at 6:17 PM

Well, yet another day I've woken up to find piles of manure littered around this place. Twice in one week at that too. Wake up and smell the roses Edgenet, the majority of users here and elsewhere don't want a hand in running this site, they want the freedom to trust in their admins to do what they wish, leaving them to do what they want within the guidelines. Keep up the witch trials, PLEASE you'll kill this place so quickly, it'll give us all a huge laugh. Shae

Ironbear ( ) posted Fri, 22 September 2000 at 7:03 PM

Sorry folks, I just awoke and havent had time to hit all the forums yet... If I may ask, All the man said was "Bulls**t" ? Is that correct? And we had a public trial (of which no ebots were sent out to members) that must have lasted less than one day (I hit the front page three times last night looking for announcements and stuff) and what 129 members voted to ban him? Huh? Am I understanding this aright? Or did I fall into a different universe after I fell asleep at 8am this morning and none of this happened back in my old one?

"I am a good person now and it feels... well, pretty much the same as I felt before (except that the headaches have gone away now that I'm not wearing control top pantyhose on my head anymore)"

• Monkeysmell

PJF ( ) posted Fri, 22 September 2000 at 7:25 PM

Dillinger is a foul mouthed individual. He went a lot further than saying 'bullshit'. I dunno what EdgeNet are playing at. I mean, when you're an admin you have a set of rules at your disposal (which you probably wrote). If someone flouts those rules, you make a decision on whether they should stay or go, along with any warnings, etc. I know from experience it can sometimes be emotionally tough, but it doesn't take a lot of brain cells. What the frell is this public vote crap? What could it be, other than a complete, unmitigated disaster?

rcook ( ) posted Fri, 22 September 2000 at 7:26 PM

Is this better or worse than letting a single moderator hit the Ban button?

PJF ( ) posted Fri, 22 September 2000 at 7:34 PM

Worse. Was that a serious question? Or are you refering (PJF is quietly hoping you are) to the BAST situation, where an individual had her admin status revoked and was sitebanned without so much a 'by your leave'? I doubt the previous admin would want to be reminded of that right now (so now is a very good time). At least they weren't site banned.

Octavio1 ( ) posted Fri, 22 September 2000 at 7:39 PM

PJF: Replying to an earlier msg. Dillinger is worse than a "foul mouthed individual". I think he's pyschotic. Go see my post re: Priv. Message From". Canary100 set me straight.

Ironbear ( ) posted Fri, 22 September 2000 at 7:53 PM

Saw that Octavio... Thanks. (And I managed to spell the usename right this time, finally)

"I am a good person now and it feels... well, pretty much the same as I felt before (except that the headaches have gone away now that I'm not wearing control top pantyhose on my head anymore)"

• Monkeysmell

JeffH ( ) posted Fri, 22 September 2000 at 8:04 PM

About Dillinger: If you are offended by the things he says just don't reply to him. That's easy and it keep tempers down. Thanks, -Jeff

PJF ( ) posted Fri, 22 September 2000 at 8:08 PM

Dillinger might just be a performance prat like Legume. Maybe he is Legume. The guy clearly should have been banned. It didn't need a public vote for that.

Octavio1 ( ) posted Fri, 22 September 2000 at 8:10 PM

Are you KIDDING? I give this creep my support, and get this in exchange? May I remind you of the guidelines this site has? May I remind you that the rapidly dwindling membership is completely resentful of their perception that these are being applied unevenly, seemingly at certain individuals and not others? This is a joke, right? How would YOU feel if you had been in my position. PLEASE. Give me a BREAK!

JeffH ( ) posted Fri, 22 September 2000 at 8:17 PM

Well, I can understand not wanting to be flamed on the private message system (I've gotten plenty this week), but if you don't give someone a chance to attack you they can't. I personally don't believe anyone should be banned. They just change thier name and get an IP randomizer anyway. -JH.

Octavio1 ( ) posted Fri, 22 September 2000 at 8:35 PM

Right. OK. I think I see an easy way out of this. If I don't give anyone support, I don't have to deal with the results. Thank you, Jeff, for abdicating your (and Edgenet's) responsibility so neatly and thoroughly. Good job. It's apparent to me that these guidlines come into play only when they pertain to your little clique. Man, it's high school all over again. Or worse. I had this stupid, idiotic idea that if we supported each other then the wounds would heal, and we could foster a sense of community. I clearly see by your above comments that that is not to be the case. I quit. Grow a pair, will ya? It'll help later on. Have fun presiding over what will be left of the mess you folks have helped to create. My God!! No WONDER you guys get flamed so often! What a complete dissapoinment this is. What a waste of resource! I QUIT GOODBYE

JeffH ( ) posted Fri, 22 September 2000 at 8:51 PM

Umm...okay. I think you're over reacting. I guess I left myself open to that attack by trying to help. -JH.

Octavio1 ( ) posted Fri, 22 September 2000 at 9:00 PM

Oh, like I was trying to help? Right. I'm overreacting. Let me spell it out for you: I-Q-U-I-T-C-A-N-C-E-L-M-Y-M-E-M-B-E-R-S-H-I-P-A-N-D-G-O-O-D-B-Y-E

JeffH ( ) posted Fri, 22 September 2000 at 9:05 PM

Whatever works for you.

spaceman ( ) posted Fri, 22 September 2000 at 9:17 PM

I don't think we got it Better tell us again how you're leaving and not posting anymore. Could it be because of the thread I just saw at the 3DCommune which reveals the info you withheld when you posted the Dillinger communique? I'd be leaving in shame too, if I were you

bantha ( ) posted Sat, 23 September 2000 at 3:32 AM

Your answer has some points. Probably such trials should be prepared better and take much more time. Most likely a ban is pointless anyway because it prevents noone frome entering again. But my main problem ist the crying which starts as soon as edge net does ANYTHING. If someone would argue about the things they do as you did in your answer, everything would be allright. But I just get sick to read that evil edgenet posts here. I surely liked the site while you were admin. If someone has asked me, i would have voted for you to stay here. But as far as I understand it Edgenet pays the bills here, so they make the rules. Since I don't know all the facts in your and Ed's leaving I can't be sure if I'm right about Edgenet. If you find someone to finance it, open a new site. Or try to get the admin post back. But the more EVIL EDGENET - style postings i see here, the more I doubt if i will happly change. I'm sorry about that, since I liked the community and you did a very good job here. I do not like the propaganda I see here. It really makes me sick. And as much as I'm sorry to say this, this include your and Ed's postings as well.

A ship in port is safe; but that is not what ships are built for.
Sail out to sea and do new things.
-"Amazing Grace" Hopper

Avatar image of me done by Chidori

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.