Fri, Sep 20, 9:50 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 7:29 pm)

Subject: Michael Head Texture---Done

Dreamspinner ( ) posted Fri, 22 September 2000 at 4:27 PM · edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 9:50 PM

file_134136.jpg

Well, here's my take on the facial texture for Michael. Took me about a week to tweek it to my satisfaction. All my own work, even the Iris textures. Now for the body map. This texture will be available for download from my site when Schnapps is finsihed building it for it. It will take some time so I'm not giving any due date. Liz Pope Dreamspinner Inc.

Lorraine ( ) posted Fri, 22 September 2000 at 6:26 PM

Very nice Liz! You do great work...

Dreamspinner ( ) posted Fri, 22 September 2000 at 7:50 PM

Thanks! Yeah, the eyes are very green. I've only made two colors so far. I could have done demonic/vampyric red! :) Liz

pendarian ( ) posted Fri, 22 September 2000 at 11:57 PM

Killer eyes Liz...very nice...ummmm...I wanna date with him LOL!!!!! (where the heck was he when I was looking??) You do such excellent work. If you need any help on your site (building it) or whatever let me know. That's what I do for a living and would be happy to pitch in :) Deb

Dreamspinner ( ) posted Sat, 23 September 2000 at 11:45 AM

Thanks pendarian! He is dreamy. He came out better than I was expecting. I won the website contest the day before heck broke loose. The contest was being held by Schnapps and he is the sole designer of the site. Once it's up he will be able to update it for us only once a month. Since I'm forming a triad with Viomar and Sharkey (ssssh, it's a secret), Viomar has offered to post things on his site if we have need of uploading a file for download quickly. He'll host whatever we like to get up in the FreeStuff. Sharkey just sent me a link to another texture site, so I've got to check that and send Schnapps some of my Gallery pics for the site. I appareciate the offer. I will keep you in mind. I'd wanted to post some sale things over at Bbay, but I think you have to have a webpage and can't upload to them directly. I wish that I understood web page design!!!! Feel like such a klutz. I'm pretty good with Poser and texture design but load a program up for web design and I just stare at the screen and go dooooh? I still have to do the body for this texture. Right now he's wearing my headskin and Zygote's body skin and there is quite a difference in shading. It looks like he got boiled like a lobster from the neck down! :) Liz Dreamspinner Inc.

pendarian ( ) posted Sat, 23 September 2000 at 12:11 PM

Well, if I can do anything for you, just let me know, heck you and verdie have done oodles for me with your textures and all, it's the least that I can do, since that is the one thing I know about LOL!!!! Someday I will know how to do textures..I do know that you need the template, but that's all I know so far, maybe someday someone will lead me by the hand and say..."Pendy, this is what you do after you open up the template file" LOL!!!! Anyway, will be awaiting your completed texture, I hope he gets over his sunburn soon....:)

Dreamspinner ( ) posted Sat, 23 September 2000 at 2:02 PM

The site that I won with Schnapps is one that I cannot sell anything from. He did say that I could advertise my vampire novel which is for sale at another site (Shadowclash:The Awakening by E.A.Pope at www.buybooksontheweb.com) But if I want to sell textures say at Bbay, I'd have to have another page. So, that's where we could partner. What kind of art program do you have. I have Photoshop but it intimidates me too much. I use Paintshop Pro6. Some models come with templates, some don't. For the ones that don't you have to use UVMapper. It the person has already run the model through UVMapper and produced a texture but didn't include the template, then you can just load up the model in UVMapper and it will spit out the template the other person got from it. It gets difficult if the model has never been UVMapped or if you want to try to get a different map out of the model. I'm still learning with that one. Here Pendy, taking you hand. Load up the template. Now, in Paintshop, one of the headings at the top (you File, Edit,....) is called Layers. First option in that line is add a new Raster Layer. Don't paint directly on the template. It always remains as the bottom layer. The second layer goes on and you can paint on that one. With Poser textures, it's best if you do paint a bit outside of the lines just to make sure you have coverage. Depending on the template and the complexity of what you want to do, you can have several layers. Michael up there has three layers besides the template on the bottom. Second layer is skin texture. Third layer was the eyebrows and lips that I cut from a photo and pasted onto the map and then blended the edges. The last layer is where I put the eyes on the texture map. In case you don't have my e-mail, its: drmspinner@earthlink.net I can tell you more that way.

picnic ( ) posted Sat, 23 September 2000 at 2:08 PM

Liz, you know what you could do for Pen??--you could save a PSP file for her (IF she has PSP--or dls the demo) with all the layers on it before merging, zip it, send it to her and she can see 'exactly' what you are talking about S.

Dreamspinner ( ) posted Sat, 23 September 2000 at 2:12 PM

That's a perfect idea picnic! Paintshop also saves in Photoshop format in case that's what's she's using. I jus haven't a clue where layers are in Photoshop are tho! Liz

picnic ( ) posted Sat, 23 September 2000 at 2:19 PM

I have/had PS LE--the layers should take care of themselves, I would think, when the file opens. Mine were set up with the layers on the right side of the window but I think that they can be docked at different places.

shadownet ( ) posted Sat, 23 September 2000 at 5:50 PM

Very nice Liz. Now, is it just me or does he kind of look like a cross between Tom Cruise and Christopher Reeves?

pendarian ( ) posted Sat, 23 September 2000 at 7:23 PM

Wow...what ever you have time to do in your busy schedule would be fine with me :) I do have PSP and like you Photoshop really intimidates me..but I'm learning it little by little but PSP is still my very, very favorite...okay, I do know about layers, so that is cool...that hurdle was taken care of a long time ago, thank goodness!! LOL!!! I'm saving this message file so as soon as I have time to breath a bit today...(after dinner it looks like) I'll re read it...you may be sorry you offered up your email addy Liz LOL!!!! by the way, I'm also at the new site too, under the name of LadyElf :) Hope to see you over there also :) You guys are the sweetest..I'm so glad I found you all! Shadownet, I don't care what he's a cross of...to me he just looks plain yummy!!! (blush) Are you using PSP6? I was going to buy it but then read that 7 is coming out next month, so I'm just going to use 5. whatever until it comes out. Talk to ya soon!

picnic ( ) posted Sat, 23 September 2000 at 9:04 PM

I'll be glad when we can do this kind of 'critique' 'over there' with images. Shadownet--I tend to agree with you--went back and looked again--the 'cross' you mentioned seems possible G

brschmidt ( ) posted Sun, 24 September 2000 at 7:19 PM

Excellent work on the texture. I recently purchased Mike and discovered there aren't many textures available. Look forward to seeing one of your great textures!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.