Wed, Sep 25, 5:34 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 25 1:55 am)

Subject: Coming soon ... the Millennium Catwoman

MaPPer ( ) posted Fri, 28 November 2003 at 12:19 PM

whoa nice!!!

lhiannan ( ) posted Fri, 28 November 2003 at 2:15 PM

love the Cat "toy"... Hee hee hee... Texture looks good too :) Off to finish the Chakra texture (Siamese for Mia, thanks to Little Dragon for her name)...

ChuckEvans ( ) posted Fri, 28 November 2003 at 5:27 PM

Yeah, the mouse is a nice touch...hehe.

catlin_mc ( ) posted Fri, 28 November 2003 at 6:01 PM

The black texture is gorgeous. If I were a catwoman that's just how I'd look to match my own dear little cat, called Muffin. 8) Catlin

MaPPer ( ) posted Sat, 29 November 2003 at 10:02 PM

file_84146.jpg

I love Mia thanks LD having a blast with her

MaPPer ( ) posted Sat, 29 November 2003 at 10:17 PM

Oops credits did this for a friend who goes by Greycat. Here is Sandy and Greycat together. Little dragon Mia and Vicky crown tiff hair and bushy tail red tabby texture. studio Maya top Cooler leg warmers Koz long hair

Little_Dragon ( ) posted Sun, 14 December 2003 at 6:35 AM

file_84147.jpg

Just checking to see if anyone's still listening ....

These aren't the long-promised digitigrade legs, although they're a step in that direction; it's a quick-and-dirty experiment in replacement geometry. The toes are separate .obj files in my geometry folder, used in place of Victoria's/Mia's regular toes. I could put them in the CR2 as swappable geometry instead, but their UV-mapping doesn't quite line up with the original (for obvious reasons).

catlin_mc ( ) posted Sun, 14 December 2003 at 7:15 AM

They look great LD, the most perfect cat/human crossover I've seen. 8) Catlin

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Sun, 14 December 2003 at 8:49 AM

Ooooooooooooh paws!! Of COURSE we're still listening :o) (when not watching TV, gloating over the capture of Saddam G)

FREEBIES! | My Gallery | My Store | My FB | Tumblr |
You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA
  Using Poser since 2002. Currently at Version 11.1 - Win 10.

lhiannan ( ) posted Sun, 14 December 2003 at 9:39 AM

Oooh, it's getting there :D Fantastic!

igohigh ( ) posted Sun, 14 December 2003 at 1:09 PM

They look mighty Sharp if you ask me ;p

Charlie_Tuna ( ) posted Sun, 14 December 2003 at 1:22 PM

:-) I'd say you're getting there a foot at a time or you have a toehold on the project but that may be just a lame attempt at humor. :-)

Why shouldn't speech be free? Very little of it is worth anything.

GreyRandall ( ) posted Sun, 28 December 2003 at 7:16 AM

RTE Encoder... Is there one for the Mac? I can't use the MC because Miao8.obj is missing still!

Redfern ( ) posted Sun, 28 December 2003 at 8:19 AM

GreyRandall, if I read correctly, RTEncoder currently exists for Windows only. Sorry. Little Dragon had to use that tool instead of OBJaction Mover so as to remain within legal bounds of DAZ's EULA. Sincerely, Bill

Tempt the Hand of Fate and it'll give you the "finger"!

GreyRandall ( ) posted Sun, 28 December 2003 at 8:34 AM

LD!!! Never mind!!! You can ignore the previous post as well my email message to you!!! I solved the problem!!!!!!! Had to do it in two different attempts Thankfully when I purchased the Millenium Cat and Victoria, I downloaded BOTH PC and Mac versions. First I had to download the rteencoder and put it on my wife's PC, I was able to decode stage 1 that way. When I tried to decode stage 2, it kept telling me the CRC was wrong. I then remembered that my daughter saw me working with Poser 5, so she asked if I'd put Poser on her PC.. I still have my Mac/PC hybrid install CD of Poser 3, so I put that on hers. I took a gamble and installed Vicki on her machine (it worked, despite being Poser 3!) and was able to use the correct blMilWom.obj file to decode stage 2! I Then ran it through Maconverter and put it in with my Poser 5 installation. I'm now able to use Mia on my mac! Woohoo! Now... if I can just find hair style that's even remotely close to the "reverse mullet" (Linna's hair from BGC Tokyo 2040) I'm lousy at making hair, so I'm not going to try it unless absolutely necessary!

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Sun, 28 December 2003 at 8:45 AM

Can you post a pic of that "reverse mullet" hair? I'm sure there'll be lots of people then who knows where to find something like it :o) I wish I could make it, but (good) hair is HARD to make :o/

You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA

GreyRandall ( ) posted Sun, 28 December 2003 at 6:19 PM

Attached Link: http://grey.pecan-tree.com/linnahair.jpg

file_84148.jpg

Had to scan two of my BGC Tokyo 2040 covers. basically, I'm looking for Linna's hairstyle... short in the back, long on the sides. I inhale, exhale, and masticate big time when it comes to hair in Poser. i just spent the last few hours with a printout of a tutorial and a section of the manual and *still* couldn't even get hair to grow!

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Sun, 28 December 2003 at 6:34 PM

If you're going for Anime style, check out Anime Doll by MayaX here in the Market Place. It comes with a hairstyle that to my eye resembles this one pretty well. But it is intended for cell shade type renders and is not a transmapped hair.

Charlie_Tuna ( ) posted Thu, 01 January 2004 at 8:51 PM

file_84149.jpg

Road apples, Meadow muffins, Bovine waste products! Is there ANY way for us Mac users to get this file? No one I know has both a PC and poser so I can't ask any one to do the conversion. I want to use Mia since she's a proper felinoid, not a feline humanoid.

beanfair ( ) posted Thu, 08 January 2004 at 11:55 AM

hmm were the paws ever made available?

igohigh ( ) posted Thu, 08 January 2004 at 2:02 PM

Little Dragon (post #51): What nudity tag for what nudity? She's wearing a Fur Coat, else she'd be 'skinned'!

tialise ( ) posted Fri, 09 January 2004 at 6:44 PM

OHhh ghods this is wonderful!!!!! it's...PURRfect!

Little_Dragon ( ) posted Mon, 19 January 2004 at 3:57 AM

Good news, Charlie_Tuna ... rcook is working on version 2 of RTEncoder, and it'll be cross-platform (PC, Mac, etc.). No release date, as yet.

beanfair:

No, the toes haven't been officially released yet. I'd like to see if I can modify their UV-mapping so they'll work with existing textures. I'll likely include them in the next major update for Mia.

Little_Dragon ( ) posted Wed, 24 March 2004 at 2:51 PM

I've uploaded a new version of Mia to Free Stuff. She should be available shortly.

This is an incremental update ... minor alterations to the figure geometry (mainly the new four-toed feet), changes to the internal names of certain morphs, and the addition of some claw morphs for the toes. Nothing big.

You'll probably want to download the textures again, as they've been modified for use with the new toes and claws. I'll have a couple more texture sets ready this weekend.

For Mac users, RTEJava can be used in place of RTEncoder.

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Wed, 24 March 2004 at 4:43 PM

WEE! Cool! Thanks L_D!

igohigh ( ) posted Wed, 24 March 2004 at 5:00 PM

Lovin this kitten!!!

Charlie_Tuna ( ) posted Wed, 24 March 2004 at 8:04 PM

Goody, :-) will a silver tabby texture be coming?

Little_Dragon ( ) posted Wed, 24 March 2004 at 9:36 PM

file_84150.jpg

Eventually. The next two which correspond to existing DAZ textures will be the Siamese and White Oriental.

And here's a sneak preview of a third texture in development. hauksdottir showed such enthusiasm for my kitsune pic over at DAZ that I've decided to create a custom vixen body and head texture.

Charlie_Tuna ( ) posted Wed, 24 March 2004 at 9:48 PM

BTW, how's the digitigrade legs coming along?

Little_Dragon ( ) posted Thu, 25 March 2004 at 1:48 PM

This is stage one. Stage two, next weekend, will have fully digitigrade legs, and retractable claws on the fingertips. I'll try to retain the current UV-mapping so you won't have to redownload the textures again.

Charlie_Tuna ( ) posted Thu, 25 March 2004 at 3:57 PM

:-) Goody, I'll finally be able to do Merr'leen

Redfern ( ) posted Thu, 25 March 2004 at 4:06 PM

Quote Charlie_Tuna, ":-) Goody, I'll finally be able to do Merr'leen" Just be sure to wear protection. ;-) You don't want her smitten with kittens! Oh, that was just too easy! Sorry, Charlie, I couldn't resist! Seriously, I've been anticipating the digitigrade posture as well. It's taken all my reserve not to irritate LD to total distraction. Sincerely, Bill

Charlie_Tuna ( ) posted Thu, 25 March 2004 at 4:25 PM

:-P Did you try very hard to resist?

Redfern ( ) posted Thu, 25 March 2004 at 5:14 PM

Er, for about, maybe, 15 seconds. Hey, if it will make you feel better, you can "rag" on me about my strip's leading character, Lt. Mzzkiti. Sincerely, Bill

lhiannan ( ) posted Thu, 25 March 2004 at 9:08 PM

Cool, cool, cool. I'll be updating Chakra sometime over the weekend, so all interested parties keep your eyes peeled in Freestuff.

igohigh ( ) posted Fri, 26 March 2004 at 12:55 AM

gee, I'm gonna need a lot of eye drops for this one...peeling my eyes always makes them so irritated 8P

lhiannan ( ) posted Fri, 26 March 2004 at 1:19 PM

Igohigh: hur hur hur... That is an odd phrase, tho, isn't it? :D

Jim Burton ( ) posted Fri, 26 March 2004 at 7:33 PM

file_84151.jpg

O.K., I refrained from doing this until now, but as this old thread has resurfaced, here is my version of the REAL Millennium Catwoman... ;-)

Little_Dragon ( ) posted Sat, 03 April 2004 at 12:39 AM
  • makes rude noise *

You call that stringy thing a tail? :)

Looks better than Pitof's vision of the character, at least.

igohigh ( ) posted Sat, 03 April 2004 at 2:15 AM

CAT FIGHT! CAT FIGHT! I got front row seating!! 8p

Jim Burton ( ) posted Sat, 03 April 2004 at 3:57 PM

Yeah, it did sorta come out as a Rat tail - maybe I should call her "Mouse Girl". ;-)

KumikoNatashi ( ) posted Sun, 16 May 2004 at 7:54 AM

Did Chakra ever get updated?

lhiannan ( ) posted Sun, 16 May 2004 at 10:02 AM

Not yet. In fact, I haven't even had a chance to unpack the feet (how many times in your life do you get to say THAT?). Hopefully soon, and seeing someone who wants an update inspires me. :)

Charlie_Tuna ( ) posted Sun, 16 May 2004 at 1:55 PM

LD, how's the legs coming?

StolenHeart20 ( ) posted Tue, 01 June 2004 at 11:05 AM

::yarns::

Redfern ( ) posted Tue, 01 June 2004 at 12:18 PM

StolenHeart20 said, "::yarns::" Uh, "yarns"? Are you saying "Mia" needs a ball of yarn with which to play, or did you you mean "yawn" with a "W", implying you have grown tired of waiting for the digitigrade legs? Sincerely, Bill

igohigh ( ) posted Tue, 01 June 2004 at 3:54 PM

I think it means that Mia yarns fer a ball of yarn to play with whilst she waits fer her new legs....

ynsaen ( ) posted Tue, 01 June 2004 at 4:00 PM

um, I think the real word here is ::troll::

thou and I, my friend, can, in the most flunkey world, make, each of us, one non-flunkey, one hero, if we like: that will be two heroes to begin with. (Carlyle)

igohigh ( ) posted Tue, 01 June 2004 at 6:28 PM

Ooooh COOL! A Mia Troll Cat too!?! Like when Tweedie Bird and Sylvester got into the Mad Scientist's Lab!!!! I Big, Green, Hunchbacked Mia with ratty hair!!!! YIPEEEEE!

Lyrra ( ) posted Tue, 01 June 2004 at 7:49 PM

I think thats mostly a tag so he can find the thread later .. try a simple " ..." and you'll get ebots from now til eternity and I really do need to get thoses textures done ...wanders off again

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.