Sun, Oct 6, 2:17 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Fractals

Welcome to the Fractals Forum

Forum Moderators: Deenamic

Fractals F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 27 11:19 am)

Subject: Apo Parameters

valcali ( ) posted Thu, 25 March 2004 at 11:56 PM · edited Tue, 17 September 2024 at 11:14 PM

file_103693.txt

Sorry about the deleted post, it's cuz you can't paste parameters in here. I'm gonna try attaching them as a txt file from notepad. I have a forum for 2D graphics and we all like to play with the same stuff sometimes and see what everyone comes up with...it's fun. This is a screenshot of the apo fractal. Sure hope some of you would like to play...;o)

valfrac026.jpg

Treat people as if they were what they ought to be...
And you help them to become what they are capable of being.
                                                                ~Goethe~
R.I.G.H.T.S.

nickcharles ( ) posted Fri, 26 March 2004 at 1:30 AM

Excellent idea. This could be really fun. Thanks Nick

Nick C. Sorbin
Staff Writer
Renderosity Magazine
......................................................................................................
"For every breath, for every day of living, this is my Thanksgiving."
-Don Henley

valcali ( ) posted Fri, 26 March 2004 at 2:43 PM

Thanks Nick...I thought it would be fun too! Looks like no one's biten yet...LOL

Ah well...here's what I did with it and it was fun! ;o)

valfrac026a.jpg

~Goethe~
R.I.G.H.T.S.

QuietRiot ( ) posted Fri, 26 March 2004 at 6:06 PM

I have no idea how to get the file into APO. :( If someone would talk me through it (slowly, and in simple English) I'd love to get in on this! Wicked results!!!!

spiegel428 ( ) posted Fri, 26 March 2004 at 6:10 PM

What I did was copy the text on the link above, open Apo and click paste, not really expecting it to work. But it did. :-) Are there any rules or can we do pretty much anything to the flame?

valcali ( ) posted Fri, 26 March 2004 at 6:42 PM

Thanks...yep, pretty easy. Just copy the parameters and then click on edit and paste in apo. As for the rules...just one. Have fun...anythings fair game. Just so you know any parameters I post I made the flame and there's no copyright issue...you can do what you want with it and then do what you want with what you did! LOL I'm so excited to see what you guys do with it...;o)

~Goethe~
R.I.G.H.T.S.

spiegel428 ( ) posted Fri, 26 March 2004 at 9:41 PM

file_103694.txt

Ok, I'll bite and try to get the ball rolling. This was before I went crazy with the tweaking (I might post the "after" image on the gallery :).

valcali ( ) posted Fri, 26 March 2004 at 10:50 PM

That turned out nice...very delicate and looks sparkly. I'll look forward to seeing the crazy version. LOL Thanks for biting and playing...if you like doing this I have a bunch of parameters I can post. ;o)

~Goethe~
R.I.G.H.T.S.

Seadreamer ( ) posted Sat, 27 March 2004 at 1:08 AM

I find spiral images very hard to play with without deleting about half the transforms and starting again. lol But I intend to play with this one. On this subject, I said this jokingly in a comment, but would anyone be interested in sharing Apo parameter files the way they do on the Ultra Fractal mailing list?

tresamie ( ) posted Sat, 27 March 2004 at 2:43 AM

file_103695.txt

Here's a little tweak. This was fun! Oh, and Kat, I think Mark would be thrilled if anyone cared to share files on the list, but if you want any of mine, just let me know. ;)

Fractals will always amaze me!

QuietRiot ( ) posted Sat, 27 March 2004 at 3:05 PM

That was easy! Please tell me there is no great speed need for this because it may take me a couple of days to get to it and I'd feel really silly if you all had moved on to something else. It's a pain in the tush sometimes when time is limited.

Seadreamer ( ) posted Sat, 27 March 2004 at 5:50 PM

Thanks Tres!! I just might do that. ^^ I have a bunch of flames that need tweaks, and I'm certainly not so posessive of (especially) my unfinished work that I wouldn't like to share it. I think I was more concerned about nobody WANTING it. lol prepares to dive into Tresamie's gallery ^~ Kat

valcali ( ) posted Sat, 27 March 2004 at 11:58 PM

What a pretty heart...I'm so glad you want to play. No rush either...I'll probably post more just so there's a variety to play around with. It was so easy just to copy the fractal and paste it into notepad. I save most of my parameters too...not that my flames are any great shakes but I think they're pretty okay basic flames to start playing with and it's always a kick seeing the different directions everyone takes when starting from the same spot. LOL ;o)

~Goethe~
R.I.G.H.T.S.

CriminallyInsane ( ) posted Sun, 28 March 2004 at 9:20 AM

file_103696.txt

Major tweaking. Matt.

valcali ( ) posted Sun, 28 March 2004 at 11:07 AM

Major cool too...I love how you make those faces. ;o)

~Goethe~
R.I.G.H.T.S.

tresamie ( ) posted Sun, 28 March 2004 at 9:40 PM

file_103697.txt

LOL, here is one for you matt! Not based on Valcali's original, just one I found all by myself ;)

Fractals will always amaze me!

valcali ( ) posted Sun, 28 March 2004 at 11:55 PM

Hahaha...hey, that's terrific! He's all helmeted and ready to go. Very formidable looking...;o)

~Goethe~
R.I.G.H.T.S.

midnightblue ( ) posted Mon, 29 March 2004 at 1:32 AM

file_103698.txt

Nice renders. Here's my contribution. :)

valcali ( ) posted Mon, 29 March 2004 at 1:50 AM

That's so pretty...it looks like a bouquet of the big grasses. I have some pampas, maiden and zebra grasses in my garden and at the end of the season they get feathery flowerheads on long stalks. Nice...;o)

~Goethe~
R.I.G.H.T.S.

DreamWarrior ( ) posted Mon, 29 March 2004 at 10:53 PM

file_103699.txt

My quick contribution. We should do this often, it sure is fun!

My crafts - My Freebies - My Store - Delightful Arts

valcali ( ) posted Tue, 30 March 2004 at 1:26 AM

It is fun...isn't it? It always amazes how many different directions are taken. Yours looks great...when I saw it a cat popped into my head. It looks like a cat up on it's hind legs to me. ;o)

~Goethe~
R.I.G.H.T.S.

QuietRiot ( ) posted Tue, 30 March 2004 at 9:34 AM

file_103700.txt

Here's mine. It reminded me of a whale's tail, so I plunked it in water. I think all of these are so cool!

valcali ( ) posted Tue, 30 March 2004 at 12:18 PM

Ha...perfect! It looks just like a whale's tail...I'm so glad you played. I think I'll rummage through my parameters and find another one that looks fun to play with. ;o)

~Goethe~
R.I.G.H.T.S.

Layla-Rose ( ) posted Wed, 31 March 2004 at 7:21 PM

file_103701.txt

Heres mine. I thought it looked a little like cherry blossom stems. I just applied a quick tile as i was messing around with it, and liked the result so here it is :)

valcali ( ) posted Wed, 31 March 2004 at 8:36 PM

That's really nice...the shading gives it alot of depth! ;o)

~Goethe~
R.I.G.H.T.S.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.