Tue, Oct 22, 6:27 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 22 3:39 am)

Subject: DAZ SledMaster

MeInOhio ( ) posted Sat, 27 March 2004 at 7:53 PM · edited Sat, 19 October 2024 at 9:32 AM

I have that DAZ SledMaster package. It requires some of the High Fantansy Package. (I think that's what it was called.) Anyway I have it too. When I add the M3 Parka to my scene, there are two blue balls are appear just below Mike's butt. What are they for? (And no jokes please! This is a serious question.) And secondly...I added the pants. They are like the cat suit. Skin tight. They add to the scene with a dark purple color. When I go to the Pose library and open the MAT_M3_Clothes icon and apply one of the textures for the pants, nothing changes. Anyone know why? The only reason I can think of is that there the wrong pants, but I'm sure the icon in the M3 Conforming Clothes said SledMaster on it. I also have problems with the Cuffed Hair not applying the textures either. Anyone else have that problem?

Ardiva ( ) posted Sat, 27 March 2004 at 8:10 PM

I downloaded the free Sara from DAZ and have to contend with green balls on each side of her head and on each breast. Very odd. Would like to know too why this is?

Ghostofmacbeth ( ) posted Sat, 27 March 2004 at 8:12 PM

I think those are probably body handles. They give you control over that part of the clothing. They are often used on dresses etc ...

Zodo ( ) posted Sat, 27 March 2004 at 8:37 PM

Not sure about the sledmaster deal, but the cuffed hair MAT files work fine for me. I use P5 with the newest patch (SR4.1?)

Crescent ( ) posted Sat, 27 March 2004 at 8:54 PM

I don't see a pair of pants in the Figures: M3 Morphing Clothing folder that has the Sled Master logo on it. The only "pants" that I see are in the Pose folder and they are applied directly to M3. They color the legs and apply a morph to they look like pants. Hope this helps, Cres

Ardiva ( ) posted Sat, 27 March 2004 at 8:57 PM

I understand ghost, but if I pose and render out Saras body, the green things are still there. Is this supposed to be that way?

Stormrage ( ) posted Sat, 27 March 2004 at 8:59 PM

mmmm Make them Transparent and they wont render Ardiva. Turn tranparency to 100% and the balls disappear

Ghostofmacbeth ( ) posted Sat, 27 March 2004 at 9:12 PM

You can also hide them in the hierachy editor

Ardiva ( ) posted Sat, 27 March 2004 at 9:30 PM

Ok..being a real greenie to Poser, how would I go about making them transparent?

Ardiva ( ) posted Sat, 27 March 2004 at 9:32 PM

{Edit}...is there a body part that I need to choose first?

Stormrage ( ) posted Sat, 27 March 2004 at 9:35 PM

mmmm should be named bodyhandle or body handles. look in the materials and see what material color corresponds with the body handles. And that will give you the name

xoconostle ( ) posted Sat, 27 March 2004 at 9:40 PM

Ghostofmacbeth is right, those are bodyhandles or some very similar thing. Try using your mouse on the blue spheres, move them around and watch what happens to the clothing. They should help you get the clothing to fit the figure properly, especially with more expressive poses. They won't render, and if for some reason they do, just make them transparent. "I don't see a pair of pants in the Figures: M3 Morphing Clothing folder that has the Sled Master logo on it." You're not supposed to. Pants don't come with the package, just .cr2s that reference the "Naiar ar' Edana Human Clothing," and morph those components to fit the Sledmaster characters. The file names have the suffix "_SMT" to identify them as being part of the Sledmaster package. For example, the Sledmaster version of the pants is labelled "Naiar Pants_SMT." Confusing? Yes. IMO it would have been better if those .cr2s had been sold separately from the textures and body morphs. I don't have any of the High Fantasy clothing, but purchased Sledmasters for the high quality M3 textures and the unique "Pitaq" morph, which gives M3 the appearance of a youthful Eurasian male, something you rarely see in Poser-land. The "Borisov" morph is great, too. It's unfortunate that DAZ says that owning the clothing is "required" to use this product. That's only true if you want to morph the Naiar clothing. If you don't have that stuff, the product is still well worth its full price for the excellent M3 textures and morphs, among the very best I have for M3. By the way, since the product's release, DAZ has changed the "required" listing to claim that you need the High Fantasy Clothing Bundle. I looked around ... it seems you can no longer buy the Naiar clothing by itself, only as part of the "bundle." This is too bad as it's going to make a lot of potential buyers think that they can't actually use the Sledmasters package without all that stuff. All you need is Michael 3 to use the textures and character morphs.

wyrwulf ( ) posted Sat, 27 March 2004 at 9:49 PM

Sara's bodyhandles are titled leftEar, rightEar, leftBreast, rightBreast. They show in the bodyparts list, but not in the materials palette. The default install should make Sara render without the bodyhandles showing. I've been looking for a bit, but can't figure out the settings for the material and render qualities for the bodyhandles.

Ardiva ( ) posted Sat, 27 March 2004 at 9:55 PM

Stormrage, I found them like you said in the Materials. They are called "Morphballs" and I set the transparency to 100 and it worked just fine. Thank you so much. Another fine lesson learned. hugs Helen

Stormrage ( ) posted Sat, 27 March 2004 at 10:05 PM

Helen :) Np Anytime you need help feel free to ask :)

wyrwulf ( ) posted Sat, 27 March 2004 at 10:23 PM

Good find. I was going nuts trying to figure it out. Sara appears to have been "built" in Poser5. There are many "extras" in the actor section of the Cr2.

Scarab ( ) posted Sat, 27 March 2004 at 10:31 PM

....but..... "...there are two blue balls are appear just below Mike's butt. What are they for? (And no jokes please! " BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA! Scarab

wyrwulf ( ) posted Sat, 27 March 2004 at 10:37 PM

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! BlueBalls!! Vicki is such a tease!

Stormrage ( ) posted Sat, 27 March 2004 at 10:38 PM

trust me in making this package the blue balls joke was extremely common ;)

hauksdottir ( ) posted Sat, 27 March 2004 at 10:42 PM

Body handles are sometimes very useful for moving skirts or long hair or beards around... swishy stuff which is tricky to pose naturally. I just don't want to think of what they are doing under Mike's butt. Carolly (with hands over her face to cover the blush?)

mabfairyqueen ( ) posted Sat, 27 March 2004 at 10:46 PM

L

wyrwulf ( ) posted Sat, 27 March 2004 at 10:53 PM

The Sara bodyhandles have to be adjusted with the dials. The editing tools move too much of the rest of the body.

xoconostle ( ) posted Sun, 28 March 2004 at 12:29 AM

I have quit Krispy Kremes because I was starting to grow some body handles, too.

Scarab ( ) posted Sun, 28 March 2004 at 1:17 AM

...were they blue? Scarab<-...just curious....

sandoppe ( ) posted Sun, 28 March 2004 at 2:14 AM

This is Sledmasters right? We're talking about Alaska or some other really cold place here! And that, IMHO, would account for the "blue balls" ! ROFL!! At least the "silliness" waited until you got your question answered properly :)

MeInOhio ( ) posted Sun, 28 March 2004 at 6:22 AM

Thanks for all the response. BTW, the blue balls, turned invisible when I applied one of the textures from the pose folder to the parka. And I thought I needed the high fantasy clothing. It seems like the first time I tried to use it, Poser told me that it couldn't find something that referenced the Naiar clothing. So i bought it too. I have to look for the icon I was talking about. (Poser is on another machine.) But whatever pants I loaded were in the M3 Morphing Clothes. It had a picture of some pants that were "white" on the icon (as were all the other clothes in that series of icons). And I thought the tiny print in the right lower corner was sledmaster.

genny ( ) posted Sun, 28 March 2004 at 6:23 AM

giggle,giggle.......you guys are so funny!

xoconostle ( ) posted Sun, 28 March 2004 at 1:35 PM

Sorry if I confused things while trying to do the opposite. Yes, you would need the Fantasy clothing in order to use the clothing .cr2s in the "character" folder. You don't need the Fantasy clothing to use the Pitaq/Borisov MAT and MOR files in the "pose" folder.

mustangchck18 ( ) posted Sun, 28 March 2004 at 3:24 PM

you can click on any green/blue balls in your image and safely delete them, i dont know why their there but i have the sara character and thats how i get rid of them :)

Ardiva ( ) posted Sun, 28 March 2004 at 6:33 PM

Ok..mustang...I can do ungrouping and deleting in Bryce, but have not found a way to do this in Poser. Any ideas?

wdupre ( ) posted Sun, 28 March 2004 at 10:54 PM

the ghost-bodyparts the balls represent can be hidden in the hirarchy but as was stated the mat files are set up to hide them automaticly. so to get rid of them in the render you must first apply one of the mat files which you would want to do anyway, no? Hmm wonder why make the balls blue? wanders off wistling, trying to look innocent

Crescent ( ) posted Sun, 28 March 2004 at 11:03 PM

... and fails miserably. ;-)

hauksdottir ( ) posted Mon, 29 March 2004 at 3:53 AM

"you must first apply one of the mat files which you would want to do anyway, no?" No. Some of us avoid MAT poses. I don't even install them unless they are essential. What was a good idea for doing a lot of things at once turned into an advertising gimmick (6 face morphs! 80 MAT poses!!! 20 lipstick colors!!!!!), and into bloatware. Carolly

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.