Sat, Sep 21, 12:32 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 5:40 am)

Subject: Lighthouse, second try...

miden1138 ( ) posted Thu, 01 April 2004 at 1:40 AM ยท edited Sat, 21 September 2024 at 12:31 AM

file_104366.jpg

Any crits and comments are greatly appreciated, and desperately needed. I'm still a newbie with Vue. And once again, many thanks to Gracia for those wonderful models! Thanks, Mike

numanoid ( ) posted Wed, 31 March 2004 at 7:33 PM

Very well done. I think the sky seems a bit "washed" in the top left, a bit too white. The water looks excellent though.

SAMS3D ( ) posted Wed, 31 March 2004 at 11:56 PM

Oh, this is real nice, the snow and water look perfect. Sharen

war2 ( ) posted Thu, 01 April 2004 at 1:53 AM

posting for the second time :) cant say much since i realy like what u got going there, great second try thats for sure. can u improve it ? sure, lightning might be one area but to me its a great scene, nice job.

amarok80 ( ) posted Thu, 01 April 2004 at 3:55 AM

It's a great picture - like Numanoid I think the sky is a bit washed out at the top-left, but the water and the snow are excellent.

TheJoker ( ) posted Thu, 01 April 2004 at 7:29 AM

Very nice! TJ

Flycatcher ( ) posted Thu, 01 April 2004 at 5:25 PM

I agree with the others. The snow on the ground, the vegetation and the water are excellent; the sky needs more work. Looking again, a very small point, but I would be inclined to do a little post-work in Paintshop Pro or Photoshop to touch up one area of snow on the closest rock: there is a parallelogram shaped "shadow" there that looks a bit unnatural (possibly an artefact from using too low a mesh density for such a close foreground terrain?) - I would soften the edges to break the straight lines up a bit.

numanoid ( ) posted Thu, 01 April 2004 at 5:35 PM

file_104367.jpg

Actually, there are also two squares, but you have to look really hard to see them.

miden1138 ( ) posted Fri, 02 April 2004 at 6:48 AM

Thanks everyone. The object in the foreground is actually a rock. I did notice the funky shadow on that one, but not the other two. I will take care of them in postwork. Thanks again! Mike

Tintifax ( ) posted Tue, 06 April 2004 at 9:32 AM

I love the water and the snow. You should rework the sky as numanoid already said. Very good try.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.