Sat, Sep 21, 11:44 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser Technical

Welcome to the Poser Technical Forum

Forum Moderators: Staff

Poser Technical F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 17 7:30 pm)

Welcome to the Poser Technical Forum.

Where computer nerds can Pull out their slide rules and not get laughed at. Pocket protectors are not required. ;-)

This is the place you come to ask questions and share new ideas about using the internal file structure of Poser to push the program past it's normal limits.

New users are encouraged to read the FAQ sections here and on the Poser forum before asking questions.

Checkout the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: Poser animation woes...I need your help.

Glen Wilson ( ) posted Mon, 18 September 2000 at 5:46 PM ยท edited Sat, 21 September 2024 at 11:33 PM

(deep breath)...here goes... 1) Poser seems to generate AVI that work with media player, but not any other video editor ( I am using Premier and Illusion; both dont like poser AVIs) 2) So I thought, "I know!! I'll output the movie as a BMP sequence and get Premier to stitch them together", But Poser seems to stop at the 50th image, then seizes up!!. (this only happens with my custom models, not the default figures) 3) Not only that, but any animation with changing light sources seem to create a crazy colour kalidoscope on the model!! I have updated to the latest Poser4 of Metacreations- not the new one, as I hear its just the same but rebranded. If you are having any of these probs too, i'd like to hear your suggestions. Thanks. Glen

Kevin ( ) posted Mon, 18 September 2000 at 7:05 PM

I don't know anyone who outputs bmps. Tiff seems much more mainstream.

ScottA ( ) posted Mon, 18 September 2000 at 9:11 PM

Hi Glen. Are you using the no compression option when making AVI's with Poser? If not. Give it a shot. ScottA

jflmkr ( ) posted Tue, 19 September 2000 at 4:29 PM

That's a good suggestion. I've used the 'no compression' option for Poser and premiere and it works fine. Once in premiere you may have to generate another avi with your video card's compression scheme otherwise it won't play back---unless you have a system that can playback smooth uncompressed video.

Glen Wilson ( ) posted Wed, 20 September 2000 at 5:46 PM

Well excuse me for not being normal!!! tiffs may be common down your neck of the woods, but they do compress slightly, which will then be compressed again when converting to an avi. i am trying to maintain clarity here!! I have the capacity to work quickly with large files so thats how i do it. Thanks any way, at least someone was listening!!

ScottA ( ) posted Wed, 20 September 2000 at 6:16 PM

I know you're frustrated Glen. But Kevin wasn't being mean. He was trying to help. I think you should apologise to him. He's a very nice guy. What happened when you tried saving AVI's uncompressed? Did they open in Your video programs? ScottA

Glen Wilson ( ) posted Sat, 23 September 2000 at 6:12 PM

The comments where in jest, but just in case....i'm sorry. ANYWAY. The uncompressed idea didn't work either!! Worth a try though, the problem must be a bit deeper than I thought. Like I said before, bryce, illusion, and premier seems to output working avi's, so it must be a poser thing. Oddly enough premier PLAYs the avis, but wont turn them back into another avi file. So what I am doing is this.... Outputting the film as BMP sequence in premier, then loading them back in ready for the conversion back to a working avi. This does work but adds to my work load somewhat. Kev, take no notice of me, i'm a sarcastic bastard but the humour is lost in these messages. I'll buy you a virtual drink one day.

ScottA ( ) posted Sat, 23 September 2000 at 7:33 PM

OOPS. Sorry Glen. Use the ;-) symbol and you can pretty much get away with calling us anything you like. :-) That is a strange problem. I use Ulead's Media Studio Pro. And it's works fine with the output of Poser avi's. It sounds like a Premier Issue. Sorry I couldn't help much. ScottA

Glen Wilson ( ) posted Tue, 26 September 2000 at 5:44 PM

It looks as though I'm alone then. I have noticed that when you look at the avi files properties, it says 'format unknown' maybe its time to update my codecs (any good site suggestions???) Oh, and Scott, you are an utter ar*#!@le ;)

relik ( ) posted Thu, 05 October 2000 at 9:03 PM

I had some similar quirks crop up during a video capture (totally unrealted to Poser). The avi file format is written based on which version of Media Player you have, as MS is always tweaking things (and not always for the better) and can wreck some of the codecs. Most of the programs look for avi in Windows, but poser may load it's own codec. Upgrading media player might be one solution. Of course, I'm one of those barbarian mutants that actually edits in After Effects.

hoborg ( ) posted Sat, 07 October 2000 at 12:09 PM

This may sound stupid and I apologize first off if I may offend, but have you looked at your system resources? HD space and RAM, etc. When I have a problem like that, It's always cause I've taxed my system. (ICQ 2000b takes up 30% of my system's resources. Foutunately, ICQ98 is available still on Download.com. I don't need all that yuppie crap) [gets off soapbox] Anyway, Sorry again for pointing out the obvious, but sometimes it takes an ass like me to find the ass in all of us. :D Hoborg (note use of ^)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.