Sun, Sep 15, 11:25 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Fractals

Welcome to the Fractals Forum

Forum Moderators: Deenamic

Fractals F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 27 11:19 am)

Subject: Need a judgement call, please!

Seadreamer ( ) posted Sun, 11 April 2004 at 8:41 PM · edited Tue, 03 September 2024 at 3:25 PM

I've done an image that has a lot of non-fractal elements in it. I intended to post it in either 2D or Mixed Medium, but I find myself REALLY resistant to doing so. Why? Not sure, other than I feel the Fractal Gallery is my "home" and I like it here. ^_^ And too, I don't feel the non-fractal elements are that great. They're more just representative of the mood I want to convey.

http://www.seadreamer.org/dancer.jpg

My request is this... above is the url of the image on my site. I didn't attach the actual image because it's large (1024 x 768) and I didn't want to kill everyone on dial-up, as I am. IF you'd be interesting in looking, and letting me know if this belongs in the fractal gallery, I'd be MUCH appreciative. If it doesn't, I might just post the raw fractal. I don't have anything against the other galleries, but I'd just rather stay where I'm comfortable.

Thanks lots guys, and pardon my insecurity peeking out here.

Kat

Ardiva ( ) posted Sun, 11 April 2004 at 9:23 PM

Hiya Kat... I feel that is could still be here under "Fractal/Fantasy". Btw...nice job. :-)

tresamie ( ) posted Sun, 11 April 2004 at 9:48 PM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/viewed.ez?galleryid=645739&Start=1&Artist=tresamie&ByArtist=Yes

Hi Kat, Great pic! It has just as much fractal in it as does my Easter image (see link). IMO if the focus is a fractal, it belongs here. :)

Fractals will always amaze me!

Seadreamer ( ) posted Sun, 11 April 2004 at 11:18 PM

For telling me what I wanted to hear. lol I'll post tonight before anyone can disagree. grins Seriously, ALL comments are welcome, whether they are pro OR con. Thanks again!! Kat

valcali ( ) posted Sun, 11 April 2004 at 11:25 PM

I've been at work all day and so didn't answer cuz I thought you might've posted it already. I agree with the others...the main focus is a fractal so in my opinion it belongs here. ;o)

Treat people as if they were what they ought to be...
And you help them to become what they are capable of being.
                                                                ~Goethe~
R.I.G.H.T.S.

nickcharles ( ) posted Mon, 12 April 2004 at 12:58 AM

Excellent job! It belongs in the fractal gallery. Nick

Nick C. Sorbin
Staff Writer
Renderosity Magazine
......................................................................................................
"For every breath, for every day of living, this is my Thanksgiving."
-Don Henley

gumbykat ( ) posted Mon, 12 April 2004 at 11:22 AM

Yes! You should post it! It belongs here! Linda

gumbykat ( ) posted Mon, 12 April 2004 at 11:23 AM

Yes! You should post it! It belongs here! Linda

QuietRiot ( ) posted Mon, 12 April 2004 at 1:03 PM

I agree with the rest. Post it here! Miriah

rocserum ( ) posted Mon, 12 April 2004 at 6:37 PM

file_105623.jpg

Its always difficult judging your own creations. you know ,I love to play with fractal images and I think, when your fractal is the source and main object/texture in your creation, your posting will be a fractal image. I have the same tought about a image and I think this mixed media. see the rose. RS

Seadreamer ( ) posted Mon, 12 April 2004 at 11:34 PM

Wow, AWESOME rose!! I'd definitely think that one would be in the fractal gallery. As you say, it's a LOT easier to make a quick decision on someone else's work than it is your own. I appreciate your comments, and ones from everyone else as well. ^_^

nickcharles ( ) posted Tue, 13 April 2004 at 12:46 AM

It's enough of a fractal image to go in the 'fractal' gallery, methinks :)

Nick C. Sorbin
Staff Writer
Renderosity Magazine
......................................................................................................
"For every breath, for every day of living, this is my Thanksgiving."
-Don Henley

tresamie ( ) posted Tue, 13 April 2004 at 8:26 PM

I think roses are natural fractals, so it should go in the fractal gallery! :)

Fractals will always amaze me!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.