Sun, Sep 15, 11:25 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Fractals

Welcome to the Fractals Forum

Forum Moderators: Deenamic

Fractals F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 27 11:19 am)

Subject: OT-Sharing pictures-artists behind the images...

nickcharles ( ) posted Thu, 08 April 2004 at 11:51 PM · edited Sat, 07 September 2024 at 2:43 AM

WAnt to know the artist behind the image? You can share your pictures here, if you so desire :)

Nick C. Sorbin
Staff Writer
Renderosity Magazine
......................................................................................................
"For every breath, for every day of living, this is my Thanksgiving."
-Don Henley

aeires ( ) posted Fri, 09 April 2004 at 1:58 AM

file_105264.png

Two of my loves together. Digital photography and wolves.

QuietRiot ( ) posted Fri, 09 April 2004 at 6:26 AM

ah! Is that two wolves and a camera? winks I just moved all of my photos to CD (it's tornado season), so I'll have to hunt for a pic to post.

aeires ( ) posted Fri, 09 April 2004 at 7:01 AM

Of course. Guess which one is me. winks back.

Ardiva ( ) posted Fri, 09 April 2004 at 1:19 PM

file_105265.png

Well this is me..the same pic that I have on my homepage. :-)

DreamWarrior ( ) posted Fri, 09 April 2004 at 1:23 PM

What a sweet pic! The bond shows. I love animals as well.

My crafts - My Freebies - My Store - Delightful Arts

DreamWarrior ( ) posted Fri, 09 April 2004 at 1:28 PM

file_105266.png

This is me. I don't have another one scanned, so it is the same as in my homepage as well.

airlynx ( ) posted Fri, 09 April 2004 at 2:06 PM

HA! your not getting a picture of me! You'll have to go all paparazzi on me to get a photo of me!

IndigoSplash ( ) posted Fri, 09 April 2004 at 2:42 PM

file_105267.png

I'm officially jealous of aeires :P You wouldn't happen to have a website full of reference photos for those of us who love to paint wolves, would ya? :) Just thought I'd ask. Anyway, here's a bad polaroid of me. (Same one posted in Bryce cuz I still don't have a camera yet, argh.)

aeires ( ) posted Fri, 09 April 2004 at 3:12 PM

Hi Indigo Check out WolfPark.org. They have a lot of links on their site, plus some great photos. They also have a photo of the day (which is as many as a dozen a day if Monty gets some great shots). I also use some of their photos on my site Aeires.com. I only have around a dozen or so photos, but plan on putting up more.

Cyble13 ( ) posted Fri, 09 April 2004 at 3:15 PM

me.jpg Here's my drivers licence pic and its bad but what the hey. ;)

kimpe ( ) posted Sat, 10 April 2004 at 12:07 AM

file_105270.png

Here I am without my current beard. No grey in my hair but my beard is mostly white and halfway down my chest. Some say I look like a skinny Santa...

jockc ( ) posted Sat, 10 April 2004 at 12:09 AM

file_105271.png

This one is a year or two old..

kimpe ( ) posted Sat, 10 April 2004 at 12:13 AM

@jockc, So which head is really yours? (Ducks as a pumpkin goes whizzing by).......lol..

abmlober ( ) posted Sat, 10 April 2004 at 6:36 AM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/hostedforums.ez?hostedforum_id=80

Hi Jock,

it looks as if we are of nearly the same age :-)
You only have more hair than I have.

Hi all,

there was a spotlight at Renderosity with a photo of mine:

HostedForumImage80S0.jpg

In the meantime the hairlength (and the amount of curls) has decreased. Dramatically.

:rolleyes::sad:
Joy of Frax

tresamie ( ) posted Sat, 10 April 2004 at 3:20 PM

file_105272.png

This should tell you how badly hooked on fractals I am!!

Fractals will always amaze me!

Ardiva ( ) posted Sat, 10 April 2004 at 3:52 PM

Oh GAWD girl, you got it BAAADD!!! :-)

sofie-filo ( ) posted Sun, 11 April 2004 at 12:18 AM

file_105273.png

Here is just a picture from Jos Boogen (aka sofie-filo)

sofie-filo ( ) posted Sun, 11 April 2004 at 12:21 AM

file_105274.png

And here is a picture from my girl-friend/partner Marleen. She posted also a few images in the fractal gallery. Have a nice time all.

nickcharles ( ) posted Sun, 11 April 2004 at 12:37 AM

file_105275.png

Just me keeping my sanity :) Thanks for making this a fun thread, I hope it continues. So nice to meet everyone! Have a nice Easter!

Nick

Nick C. Sorbin
Staff Writer
Renderosity Magazine
......................................................................................................
-Don Henley

Seadreamer ( ) posted Sun, 11 April 2004 at 1:21 AM

file_105276.png

Eh... a couple of years ago, in really big, out of style glasses. *lol* Man I hate getting old. *sighs* ^_~

luminosa ( ) posted Sun, 11 April 2004 at 2:19 AM

file_105277.png

Happy Easter! A big kiss. Lucia from Italy

luminosa ( ) posted Sun, 11 April 2004 at 2:22 AM

file_105278.png

and he is araffaell (my dear friend Andrea)

Deagol ( ) posted Sun, 11 April 2004 at 6:28 PM

file_105279.png

The big one is me. The little one is my granddaughter, Sophia. It's great to see that most of us are humans :^) Later, Keith

paragon5 ( ) posted Sun, 11 April 2004 at 8:03 PM

file_105280.png

Hi all, just a quick pic of us. Nice to have a face to associate with the name. William & Vicky/paragon5

midnightblue ( ) posted Mon, 12 April 2004 at 12:23 PM

file_105281.png

It's a wee bit small and a couple years old (I've since cut most of my hair off), but this is me. So nice to meet you all!

rocserum ( ) posted Mon, 12 April 2004 at 6:47 PM

file_105282.png

Hi to you all, greetings from Roc Serum from Holland

gunsan ( ) posted Tue, 13 April 2004 at 4:25 AM

file_105283.png

Great thread, nice to see all of you! Here I am (a bit postworked :-)

QuietRiot ( ) posted Tue, 13 April 2004 at 6:34 AM

file_105284.png

....and me, with no postwork, complete with red eye and a fern growing out of my head. *grins*

classyladytwo ( ) posted Tue, 13 April 2004 at 7:24 AM

file_105286.png

Ok You guys you asked for it Ron and I when we first met needless to say many changes like more gray hair, a bit heavier due to complete happiness :) Wow If Ron see this I'm a dead duck lol.

Snow_Angel ( ) posted Tue, 13 April 2004 at 8:45 AM

file_105287.png

Well,HI everyone! Not to bad for my 50s! :)

Seadreamer ( ) posted Tue, 13 April 2004 at 11:36 PM

I have to say... we ARE an eclectic bunch. ^___^ Isnt' that grand?

classyladytwo ( ) posted Wed, 14 April 2004 at 1:45 AM

It sure is grand what a wonderful idea to do, I dunno who started all this but thank you wow what an awesome bunch of wonderful people we have here... Wonderful idea..:)

RodolfoCiminelli ( ) posted Wed, 14 April 2004 at 4:36 AM

file_105288.png

Hi to all, this it is my picture that this in the gallery of members, my face not had changed too much, I am a little but thin, but I am very happy with my 55 years.

TheRingess ( ) posted Wed, 14 April 2004 at 4:08 PM

Attached Link: http://markch1.home.mindspring.com

file_105289.png

Me, me, me, me

PatGoltz ( ) posted Wed, 14 April 2004 at 5:52 PM

This be me. My son Victor took this.

Pat

zpat2.jpg

Cosine ( ) posted Thu, 15 April 2004 at 1:18 AM

file_105290.png

Here's the pic from my homepage here, too. Thanks to all for supplying faces to go with the names.

PaulDeCelle ( ) posted Thu, 15 April 2004 at 11:19 AM

file_105291.png

Ok - Here's one of me, taken a year or so ago. No fish was harmed in the production of this photo ;-)

DreamWarrior ( ) posted Fri, 16 April 2004 at 3:31 PM

Wow, it's funny how different we can look from what our nicknames suggest! This is good, sometimes a nick even suggests me a female when the person is a male, and viceversa. :-) Wouldn't it be nice to also know in what corners of the Earth we're dwelling? :-)

gunsan ( ) posted Fri, 16 April 2004 at 3:39 PM

Gun is my real name, funny for American ears, but a fairly common girl's name in Sweden where I live.

paragon5 ( ) posted Fri, 16 April 2004 at 4:00 PM

Hi everyone, William and I are from Trenton, North Carolina. It's a very small town probably about 70 miles from the Atlantic Ocean, and yes we can go to the beach at anytime! It certainly is great to meet you all! Vicky

DreamWarrior ( ) posted Fri, 16 April 2004 at 4:57 PM

My name is Barbara (well, it's Bbara really, but I don't put the accent so non-spanish speakers don't get confused). I'm from Argentina (the shouthest -if there is such word- country in the world). And no, it's not in Brazil ;-) it's a completely different country. lol

Rykk ( ) posted Fri, 16 April 2004 at 9:33 PM

file_105293.png

Here's me around the turn of the century - I did get a haircut around 2001 but thankfully it grew back - - most of it... :>) Rick

nickcharles ( ) posted Sat, 17 April 2004 at 12:59 AM

My, how this thread has grown! Too cool. Well, I'm from Parma, Ohio (just outside of Cleveland). The only thing I don't like about my location is the unpredictable weather :) So great to meet you all! I'm really happy with the way everyone comes together in this forum. You are all the best!
Hey Rick- I once had long hair too (felt I had to grow it out after I left the Navy). Then I realized how much easier it was to keep it real short :)

Have a great weekend, everyone!

Nick

Nick C. Sorbin
Staff Writer
Renderosity Magazine
-Don Henley

undisclosed-designer ( ) posted Sat, 17 April 2004 at 1:41 AM

file_105294.png

this is me and my babies: my kids and the most wonderful lady in the world, my fiancee Sharon and futhermore the tools on my desk, which i use to make them designs *SMILE* have a nice weekend Harmen

Rykk ( ) posted Sun, 18 April 2004 at 12:09 PM

file_105296.png

Hi Nick - yep, I suppose I'll never get used to the idea of haircuts - reckon I still feel the need to "let my freak flag fly"! lol. Helps working at a relatively small tech company, too - no white shirts and Dockers ala IBM! The lighting in the group work pic that I cut that one out of was pretty good, so its hard to see the thin hairline - or the gray! Seems like every time I get it cut there's a lot less there and it gets thinner and thinner so I just don't! lol Reckon I'll have a major "Phil Collins" going on when I hit my 50's or so - or else still a "double comb over" to either side! lol I'm not aging gracefully and and will go kicking and screaming into that "good night"! lol I live on a lake just outside Palm Bay, Florida about 20 miles south of Cape Canaveral on the East coast - great for watching all the rockets and shuttles :>( go up. Just had a night launch of an Atlas on a cloudless night this week - LOVE those! I saw Paul's fish picture and just HAD to upload a picture of me with a 9 1/4lb bass that was in Florida Fins and Feathers magazine - MUCH older pic (late 80's), but its a nice fish. Hey, maybe a thread with our best fishing pictures? lol Rick

PaulDeCelle ( ) posted Sun, 18 April 2004 at 11:31 PM

file_105297.png

Wow. I've never caught a 9-plus pound bass - In Michigan, they rarely get that big. My best largemouth is somewhere around 5 pounds. That said, there are still some big fish around these parts - This is a muskie I caught in Lake St. Clair in 1994, within sight of downtown Detroit. 48.5 inches and 25 pounds, and it took about a half hour to bring it in. I kept this one, and it now occupies a place of honor above the fireplace at our cabin in northern Michigan. My wife wouldn't let me put it on the wall at home ;-)

DreamWarrior ( ) posted Sun, 18 April 2004 at 11:38 PM

:-( I'm sorry, I can't do anything but feel very sad when I see people still enjoy killing animals for fun. I was hoping you guys actually eat those poor creatures. This isn't meant as an attack or to start a discussion. I just feel very sad and had to share it.

Rykk ( ) posted Mon, 19 April 2004 at 12:19 AM

Hi Barbara - actually, the bass in the picture was let go after the reporter got done with the interview. I do like to eat the smaller, male bass - there's LOTS of those - but the big females I just take their picture then either let them go exactly where I caught them (I've motored 8 miles to release one after a picture) or I bring them home and let them go in the fair sized lake I live on. I have a larger one - my first - "skin" mounted, but the taxidermist gave me the filets from that one. Great tasting fish! I flirted with the idea of becoming a full-time fishing guide at one time but I didn't do it because most of the clients wanted to kill the fish and I only allowed a picture and measurements taken for a "replica mount". I did guarrantee a trophy fish would be caught but that wasn't enough. The reason there aren't many 16lb bass anymore is that people caught them and then took them home for dinner and their traits for large size were gradually taken out of the gene pool. Kinda like if they got rid of everyone over 5 feet tall - we'd be a race of Tatoos! "De plane, Boss, De plane"! :>) I get just as much of a "macho testosterone rush" from carrying around a picture of my fish as I could dragging its carcass to all my friends houses. :>) Rick

Rykk ( ) posted Mon, 19 April 2004 at 12:32 AM

file_105298.png

Wow! Paul that's a SERIOUS pike you've got there! I'd love to catch one like that! All we have in Fla is chain pickerels that get maybe 2 1/2ft. long. I did snag on to a 6ft plus alligator gar, one time though. Sucker dragged me, the boat AND the anchor 50ft! I was alone, so the fight was really long - good half an hour. Then, when I finally did get him next to the boat he wouldn't fit in my net so I tried to net his head and grab his tail to throw him into the boat. He wasn't having any of that and broke my line, got me wet and scratched the paint, too! This is great! Gonna have to find some of my old fish pix to scan - don't think I could top that pike, though - he's a MONSTER! Hmm, ok - so...ya ever caught a shrimp as big as THESE big ol "J-bo's"? lol (sorry for all these slimy fish, ladies - bear with us, its a "man thing", ya know? lol) Rick

Snow_Angel ( ) posted Mon, 19 April 2004 at 1:00 AM

Heres my story about the one that got away..I was fishing in the High Sierras when after a long day with absolutely nothing, I was getting ready to go back to camp, and I got a bite, a good size fish was on my line, so I jerked the line and reeled him in real slow and almost fell over in the river, he fought me all the way to about 10 feet, then I decided to pull him up really hard and land him on the ground so he would be easier to hold with dirt on him, lol I hate that slimy feel, so when I pulled the pole up he came up too, and flew off the line and into a little stream bed behind me :( I tried to grab him with my hands,lol must of been a site, but he got away.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.