Sun, Oct 6, 9:23 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: Global Illumination Adjustment

Angelouscuitry ( ) posted Mon, 12 April 2004 at 3:08 PM · edited Sun, 06 October 2024 at 7:02 AM

I've DL'd global illumination file from the free stuff area at 3Dcommune(I had'nt found the one in here yet.) It opens and imports as a whole bunch of sphereical lights grouped together, but they do'nt emit light as is, and need to be adjusted. How are all of the lights intended to be adjusted together as a group?

Angelouscuitry ( ) posted Mon, 12 April 2004 at 3:12 PM

file_105692.gif

Also, I've been under the impression all we need to do, to turn off shadows through a whole scene, is click the Shadow Toggle Button on the right hand side of the GUI, is this true? Here is the render I keep getting with or without the toggle set to on! This is also the file I'm trying to illuminate globally..

Angelouscuitry ( ) posted Mon, 12 April 2004 at 3:26 PM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/freestuff.ez?Form.Contrib=Beanzvision&Topsectionid=0

I think, actually, the glbal illumination file here is the same as 3Dcommune's, as the donor's name there is Beanz, and Beanzvision here... BTW - the URL for the file, here, is attached...

Angelouscuitry ( ) posted Mon, 12 April 2004 at 3:34 PM

file_105693.gif

I just e-mailed the Beanz from 3DCommune, and told him of this URL, then mentioned there were some images here. So, I'm going to post a couple more. This is the scene in wire frame mode.

Angelouscuitry ( ) posted Mon, 12 April 2004 at 3:37 PM

file_105694.gif

This is the above scene rendered(With the Sun turned off.)

Erlik ( ) posted Mon, 12 April 2004 at 4:33 PM

Just go down below the main screen and click on radial lights and choose Select All of Type. You can edit them as you wish then. BTW, are you certain those are lights that you downloaded? Are they spheres that have to be turned into radial lights? Select the group, ungroup it, go to Edit menu and turn selection into radial lights, group back again. Also, I couldn't find either Beanz or Beanzvision in Bryce Free Stuff at 3D Commune. BTW 2, Shadow Toggle button will just turn on and off the shadow on the ground plane in wire preview.

-- erlik

ascript ( ) posted Mon, 12 April 2004 at 5:21 PM

If you want the shadows off on the lights, you do that in the edit thing (for the lights). You can also turn sun/moon shadows off in the sky lab. I'd select all lights, ungroup them and then set them to a very small number. If they are set to linear they may not light far enough away to light your figure, depending on how big the scene is. Try changing it to falloff none or try some ranged settings.

diolma ( ) posted Mon, 12 April 2004 at 5:26 PM

. (Dio Bookmark)

Beanzvision ( ) posted Mon, 12 April 2004 at 7:53 PM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/gallery.ez?ByArtist=Y&Artist=Beanzvision

Hello it's me!!! Select the group, un group and hit 'E'. This will take you into the light lab, there you can change the lights intensity and shadows. It's just a matter of getting used to using it....Some examples can be found in my gallery!

pauljs75 ( ) posted Tue, 13 April 2004 at 3:53 PM

Dukduk also has a pretty good GI rig (lotsa lights, 160?) for Bryce somewhere in freestuff here at Renderosity. The trick to using it was to set the light output to a low value (1 or 2, since you're using a crazy amount of lights) and then adjust the actual brightness by setting the light color. Not sure if you need to turn off shadows overall, but disabling cast shadows on some lights might help.

Barbequed Pixels?

Your friendly neighborhood Wings3D nut.
Also feel free to browse my freebies at ShareCG.
There might be something worth downloading.

Angelouscuitry ( ) posted Wed, 14 April 2004 at 12:37 PM

Great, and thanks fr the advice!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.