Tue, Oct 22, 5:46 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 22 3:39 am)

Subject: Anyone make money with poser

satria ( ) posted Thu, 15 April 2004 at 5:07 AM · edited Tue, 22 October 2024 at 5:46 AM

Hi.. im new in poser , after trying pro pack demo version from curious labs , im love it . I`ve been use 3dsmax for couple years , and something make me give up are organic animation ( mesh building , bone system , IK etc.. ) I know , poser animation , not powerfull enough than MAX , but i think this is nice to learn My question , anyone make money using Poser ( i mean movie animation , comic books , poster sale etc... ) Plz let me know Thanks for read & help

JenniSjoberg ( ) posted Thu, 15 April 2004 at 5:11 AM

I make some money off it.. mostly from selling Prints.. some CD/Magazine covers also.. I only do still images though.. No animation..

CRITIC, n. A person who boasts himself hard to
please because nobody tries to please him.

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Thu, 15 April 2004 at 5:39 AM

Actually if you're any good with Max you can probably earn more money by selling models (as in clothes) for Poser. I make some money that way. Not a lot, but it supports my habit G One warning before you dive too deep into Poser: It is HIGHLY addictive and can be as costly as drugs! Don't say we didn't warn you! ;o) Welcome to Poser! You WILL be assimilated..

FREEBIES! | My Gallery | My Store | My FB | Tumblr |
You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA
  Using Poser since 2002. Currently at Version 11.1 - Win 10.

elizabyte ( ) posted Thu, 15 April 2004 at 5:58 AM

Yup. I do custom character-based web design, custom illustrations (mostly for the web, but I've done some print work, as well), character portraits, that sort of thing. It's not a huge amount of money, but to be honest, I really only want to work part time, so it suits my needs and my lifestyle very well. I sell some Poser products, too, but that's mostly to support my Poser habit. ernyoka1 isn't kidding when she says it's addictive as hell. ;-) bonni

"When a man gives his opinion, he's a man. When a woman gives her opinion, she's a bitch." - Bette Davis

satria ( ) posted Thu, 15 April 2004 at 6:35 AM

Ok ... HIGHLY addictive.... Yup !!!Its three day without sleep , Play with new toy........

c1rcle ( ) posted Thu, 15 April 2004 at 7:48 AM

only 3 days in heh how little you know ;) Some of us round here have been addicted for years & spent hundreds of thousands on the toy hehehehe. it'sssss my precioussss.

maxxxmodelz ( ) posted Thu, 15 April 2004 at 8:11 AM

I'm about to. Just rounding home on a 20 second animation using Poser for a "real world" product ad that should be broadcast in the US over the summer. I used custom morphs and textures on the V2 model. Can't release any more info about it just yet though. But I will tell you this... I don't think I will be using Poser for any more of my commercial animations until I see some improvement with the animation and workflow functionality. I'm going to barely meet this deadline (which is rare for me), and have a lot of things I would personally like to improve about it (which is NOT so rare for me). Be it my inexperience with the app itself, or the fact that it does NOT cater to an animation workflow, Poser failed to save me time like I was hoping it would on this project. Poser's sh*tty lights/shadows left me frustrated and annoyed (for a program that's supposed to be so "user friendly", I found I get much better lighting results FASTER with the higher-end apps). I found myself twiddling witht he lights and shadows parameters endlessly. BUT... I am very impressed with it's material and cloth rooms (can't say that enough). They compare favorably with any 3D app I've used before. I'll wait to see what they do in Poser 6 before trying to make any more money with the app though. ;-)

Tools :  3dsmax 2015, Daz Studio 4.6, PoserPro 2012, Blender v2.74

System: Pentium QuadCore i7, under Win 8, GeForce GTX 780 / 2GB GPU.

SeanMartin ( ) posted Thu, 15 April 2004 at 8:31 AM

Both higher end book illustration and animation here. The latter is more work-intensive than it needs to be, but it still works pretty well for my needs.

docandraider.com -- the collected cartoons of Doc and Raider

EnglishBob ( ) posted Thu, 15 April 2004 at 9:27 AM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/gallery.ez?ByArtist=Yes&Artist=morir

This is one of my favourite artists, Morir - he certainly seems to make money with illustration work, some of it using Poser. But if you mean *just* Poser, maybe not; a bit of skill with Photoshop or something similar seems to be necessary also.

beos53 ( ) posted Thu, 15 April 2004 at 2:38 PM

I am just now finishing an animated 30 minute talking 3D figure for an investment company. I am also working on a 15 minute animated faeries video for my neice and granddaughter. Our local PBS TV station is very interested in seeing it after it is completed I only use Poser, because I really don't know how to use max or the other programs. I guess they would be better in some instances...but I do LOVE Poser...as others have said Poser is very addicting (and I don't think there is a Medical treatment for it).

PoserPro 2014, Windows 7, AMD FX-6300 6 core, 8 GB ram, Nvidia GeForce GTX 750 Ti

Bobasaur ( ) posted Thu, 15 April 2004 at 3:21 PM

There are some who make money using Poser to do accident re-creations and other animations for the legal system. I use Poser Pro Pack with Lightwave for my animations now. Those of you that are interested, look up in the "Free Stuff" section at the top of the page. If you follow the link to "Animation" you can find the Renderosity Animation Gallery. I encourage you animators to add links to your work.

Before they made me they broke the mold!
http://home.roadrunner.com/~kflach/

Mason ( ) posted Thu, 15 April 2004 at 3:51 PM

I make enough to pay the mortgage on a second condo using Poser. I do adult material (comic books). Adult sites always need content. Another area poser is used is in artistic roughing of characters. I've seen comic book artists use poser to layout character poses, print the pose out as a rough outline pic then trace and add detail. A very very fast way to create high quality, anitomically correct comic book characters without hours of redraw. Plus its a lot easier to redo the pose and trace if one has to move the figure etc. Its funny but I can usually spot a poser traced character used in a high res art picture by the hand poses (they always use the same stock hand poses) and by the upside down V on the rib cage if Vicky 2 is used. Poser is also used for rough story boarding of animation and movie scripts.

satria ( ) posted Thu, 15 April 2004 at 3:54 PM

yeah ... i agree about lacking light , if you compare with another 3d programs , but its can cured with added bunch of lights or going to Photoshop to curved or level isn`t? Material room , that Poser 5 or ProPack? Still exploration ,thankz for help and response

maxxxmodelz ( ) posted Thu, 15 April 2004 at 9:59 PM

" but its can cured with added bunch of lights or going to Photoshop to curved or level isn`t?" Yes and no. You can get decent "GI" simulation by adding a ton of lights globally (still not as good as in some other programs). However, the drawback is increased rendertime, and lousy shadows (shadow maps in Poser still require a lot of tweaking to get them looking real good, which is something I don't have to worry about much in most other apps). For instance, 3dsMax (my other program of choice) renders supreme quality shadow maps without much fuss. You can push the settings of the shadows parameters to their limits in order to achieve better quality results, but Poser doesn't handle the extra calculation loads very well. As for Photoshop, it's good for still images, but useless to me for animation. AfterEffects can solve some problems, but bad lighting is bad lighting. It can be improved in post, but not to a level that's satisfactory to me. "Material room , that Poser 5 or ProPack?" That's Poser 5. The material room is where you can add shaders and make your own materials. Very powerful node-based functionality, but could be daunting to newcomers.

Tools :  3dsmax 2015, Daz Studio 4.6, PoserPro 2012, Blender v2.74

System: Pentium QuadCore i7, under Win 8, GeForce GTX 780 / 2GB GPU.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.