Sat, Sep 21, 2:42 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Photography

Welcome to the Photography Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Photography F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 12:22 pm)

Subject: We were robbed last night ..........

Randys ( ) posted Mon, 26 April 2004 at 10:54 AM · edited Sat, 21 September 2024 at 2:36 AM

My wife Michelle got up around 2:30 am and went to the kitchen to get a drink water. She walked into the den and saw a man in our house he ran across the room and out the door in the den. She screamed to me that we were being robbed. I woke from a sound sleep and ran into the back yard and hopped up on the fence I could not see any thing in ether direction. I went back into the house and discovered that all of my equipment was gone the new MKll all the lens and my lap top. I called 911 and my wife and son got in her car and drove around looking for him. I was stunned, I had not had a chance to add my new equipment to my insurance. After I hung up with the police I got in my car and drove the opposite direction from Michelle we found nothing. We returned to the house and waited on the police to arrive. They came and we filled out the reports and we were waiting on CSI to arrive the officer had gone back out to his car, when Michelle noticed the blanks on the couch were out of place she reached down to check them and found all of the equipment bundled up in them she let out a shriek of joy that brought the officer running back into the house. We found every thing except 5 flash cards and a pair of ear rings that were left by the computer. We were so lucky.

aangus ( ) posted Mon, 26 April 2004 at 2:01 PM

Thank goodness for that, you must have got the fright of your life (not to mention your wife), I hope they get the scum anyway. We can still look forward to your amazing wild life shots then. Have you got insurance cover now? Hope you get over this horrible time OK.

Randys ( ) posted Mon, 26 April 2004 at 2:17 PM

My insurance agent was one of the first stops today. They got some fingerprints and shoe prints. The police did not think they would find him, but the most important thing is that we are all ok, secondly they did not really get away with much.

TMGraphics ( ) posted Mon, 26 April 2004 at 5:51 PM

Sorry to hear that has happend to you, I know how you feel. When they catch that a$$ bag, they should let you rummage through his home and pick some things out. If he does it for a living he might have some nice things to choose from! LOL When you are done there, you can bring him here and let him eat my wifes' cooking! THAT WILL FIX HIM!!!! Seriously though, glad to hear all are ok, possesions can be replaced, lives can't. Seriously though again, GALD HE DIDN'T GET YOUR MKII! WHEW!! hehehehe TMG

Misha883 ( ) posted Mon, 26 April 2004 at 5:57 PM

Frightening story! Could have turned out much worse.

logiloglu ( ) posted Mon, 26 April 2004 at 8:16 PM

oh my, what a shock. i am happy you have your equipment.

zhounder ( ) posted Mon, 26 April 2004 at 9:41 PM

I am glad that nothing too valuable was stolen in the long run, and I am glad that no one was hurt. It very easily could have been a much more tragic story. My mother was robbed jsut last year. She lives in an area where no one has locked there doors since my family moved there in 1939. Now the reality of modern times has caught up to her. I was robbed a couple of times too but they didn't get much (I didn't have much to take!) No matter how lucky we all have been, the fact remains that you will never fully let go of that feeling of violation you get when you realize someone has been through your stuff. Magick Michael

Wolfsnap ( ) posted Tue, 27 April 2004 at 12:08 AM

I know how you feel! A couple of years ago, my car was broken into. Seems the guy was too drunk or stupid, or just plain inept to actually "hit the window with the rock" on the first few tries - and completely trashed the entire door. All this for three packs of cigarettes that were in the seat. I walked around the neighborhood with a baseball bat and an unusually large knife for two days before I cooled off.

WandM ( ) posted Tue, 27 April 2004 at 2:11 AM

Bad luck and good luck. Great that Michelle went for a drink in the middle of the night! Hope you get your safe feelings back in the future.

cynlee ( ) posted Tue, 27 April 2004 at 2:43 AM

had me on the edge of my seat... thank goodness... but still unsettling :(

DHolman ( ) posted Tue, 27 April 2004 at 8:21 AM

Damn it!! "This close" to getting my hands on the Mk II! :) I kid, but only because you are all safe. Stuff can be replaced, screw it. I'm just completely happy that you are all safe and sound. But, I also think this entire incident has illustrated that your security measures aren't adequate to secure the Mk II. I think it would be prudent for you to box it up and ship it to me...I'll ummm ... keep an eye on it and stuff. :) Does the envy show much? -=>Donald

sabretalon ( ) posted Wed, 28 April 2004 at 4:11 AM

We had a series of thefts from houses near me. It turned out to be the couriers, when they brought the equipment they insist that you check the equipment is what you ordered etc.. before you sign for it. In the mean time they could scope the house and see what else there was to take. Looks like you got caught by a thief who knew what they were doing! Storing items in an organised way takes preperation, time to prepare shows confidence. I would say that whomever it was did not just break in on the off chance that there might be something for them, they actually knew there was something. The police always forget that the items are really the least important part of the break in. Items can be replaced to a certain degree (unless it was something of your parents whom have died etc..) But you will not have the feeling of safety in your own home again. I have known people that have sold up and moved on because they were broken into. I think statistically you are better were you are, you know how they got in etc.. so you can take measures to prevent another doing the same. Insurance is a good way to help purchase your items again should they be stolen. It is also useful in other ways, replacing equipment you break accidently or in some cases provides you with public liability cover i.e if someone tripped over your tripod and broke their leg they could sue you, public liability will cover you for this. I hope you both are ok after all this and don't let it get you down too much. It is a valuable lesson to learn, and hopefully it was only a small amount of money for the items stolen.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.