Sat, Sep 21, 9:39 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser Python Scripting

Welcome to the Poser Python Scripting Forum

Forum Moderators: Staff

Poser Python Scripting F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 2:50 am)

We now have a ProPack Section in the Poser FreeStuff.
Check out the new Poser Python Wish List thread. If you have an idea for a script, jot it down and maybe someone can write it. If you're looking to write a script, check out this thread for useful suggestions.

Also, check out the official Python site for interpreters, sample code, applications, cool links and debuggers. This is THE central site for Python.

You can now attach text files to your posts to pass around scripts. Just attach the script as a txt file like you would a jpg or gif. Since the forum will use a random name for the file in the link, you should give instructions on what the file name should be and where to install it. Its a good idea to usually put that info right in the script file as well.

Checkout the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: Poser Python Wish List

Puntomaus ( ) posted Wed, 28 April 2004 at 5:45 AM

Yes, I know :-), but it does not work on Cr2s only on Matposes. I thought when I load a Cr2 I would like to have a script to change the nodes.

Every organisation rests upon a mountain of secrets ~ Julian Assange

nruddock ( ) posted Wed, 28 April 2004 at 1:52 PM

The material room nodes aren't exposed to Python, so unfortunately it's a non-starter.

Puntomaus ( ) posted Thu, 29 April 2004 at 12:55 PM

Oh, too bad ... evil nodes :-(.

Every organisation rests upon a mountain of secrets ~ Julian Assange

babydollTX ( ) posted Sun, 02 May 2004 at 2:48 PM

...Wonders if it would be possible to script turning off shadow casting for all parts of a figure? anybody tried it?

markschum ( ) posted Sat, 19 June 2004 at 3:55 PM

Hi, turn off shadow for all actors of a figure. I will look at that, I have a script that cycles through all body parts for transparency. Regards.

markschum ( ) posted Sun, 20 June 2004 at 10:12 AM

file_157793.jpg

1. cast shadow The value that needs to be changed for cast shadows does not appear to be available from Python. At least not easily.

I have a Visual basic program that will change the CR2 file but you can do that with a text editor.

1. change parent for hair from head to a prop.

try the attached zip file scripts.

one displays all items that are parented to the head. This is a no risk script to check that only the hair is selected.

the other script actually changes the parenting.

I have tested this in Poser5 SR4 and it appears to work correctly, but not tested with multiple hair groups.

Do not delete your original file before saving and testing the new hair prop.

regards

dagmath ( ) posted Fri, 25 June 2004 at 5:48 AM

A script for removing deltas of a MT which fall below a certain value. If one has been done then excuse my lack of investigation! cheers dag

"Don't do it with an axe, get a chainsaw"

satria ( ) posted Wed, 14 July 2004 at 1:36 PM

I think script like expression kit , but in this case work in every actor movement . ockham , doing that in fake grasp python , why not develop for every actor for animation or motion purpose thanks

momodot ( ) posted Fri, 06 August 2004 at 8:53 AM

My Poser Python Script Wish list: (I totaly don't understand Python) 1. A script box that would list props with fields for entering new prop name, new group name, and new material for that prop so grouping tool could be avoided. 2. A script based interface that could somehow simplify working with long lists of morph chanel dials on a figure... how I can't imagine. In PoserPro I have these long list on the head to get through and the names are partially obscured by the number value. Just askin'. Thanks ockham for all your great stuff!

commander_bombast ( ) posted Wed, 12 January 2005 at 8:28 PM

Here are my requests for Animation Helpers... 1. convert all frames from flatfooted walk designer to high heels. 2. randomized blinking 3. breathing 4. randomized shifting weight from foot to foot during standing. 5. Picking up and manipulating objects without parenting them to the hands (It's a shame that the figures can't ever 'drop' anything).

ockham ( ) posted Sat, 15 January 2005 at 12:58 PM

Attached Link: http://ockhamsbungalow.com/Python/Naturalizer2.zip

The randomized blinking and breathing is available. See the link for Naturalizer. A long time ago, I did a script for the pickup action, but it's *not* very satisfactory. You might try it anyway... Look for Foster1.zip in the same directory as Naturalizer. I think PhilC has done the high heels... Check his website.

My python page
My ShareCG freebies

kaposer ( ) posted Mon, 24 January 2005 at 3:19 AM

What I would like is an script to create morph targets from magnets, only one morph for body part even if it has more than one magnet affecting it, and set the dial to one. That'd be great also if all the morphs had the same name. No need to delete the magnets since there are scripts to do it already I don't know if it's already done (or if it can be done!), couldnt find that in the freestuff, I am sorry if so. Also thank you much to Ockham and Bushi, I use a few of your scripts a lot, they really make the Poser life easier:)

MyFreestuff    My Store

anxcon ( ) posted Sat, 29 January 2005 at 12:34 AM

i dont know anything about python so i post here and someone else can make (if posible) in poser i have my main screen showing my scene that im creating i want to be able to have that 1 window (in 1 part, not a split window) to show 2 cameras blended together for 1 view main camera showing only red channel aux camera showing only green/blue channels so i have a realtime view (as an anaglyph) of my scene rendering every little change in camera and making them into anaglyph manually takes forever, and realtime feedback of camera changes to it would make making anaglyph pics easier and faster anaglyphs are the pictures/movies that use red/blue 3d glasses

Robo2010 ( ) posted Wed, 09 February 2005 at 2:50 PM · edited Wed, 09 February 2005 at 2:50 PM

A script to help with cloths comforming on character (Breast sizes). I dislike trying to figure out what breast size the character is, and breast are seeping through the cloths. Dunno if a script will ever be made. But just the thought.

Message edited on: 02/09/2005 14:50

ockham ( ) posted Wed, 09 February 2005 at 3:02 PM · edited Wed, 09 February 2005 at 3:03 PM

Attached Link: http://ockhamsbungalow.com/Python/NoPoke.zip

Have you tried my No Poke (in freestuff)?

Message edited on: 02/09/2005 15:03

My python page
My ShareCG freebies

Robo2010 ( ) posted Wed, 09 February 2005 at 3:43 PM · edited Wed, 09 February 2005 at 3:46 PM

Thanks ockham. Tried the script, I get error messages. Did read the readme file. I am using P5. While using it, thought if someone could make a script of the outfit, the same morphs as the character.

Message edited on: 02/09/2005 15:46

ockham ( ) posted Wed, 09 February 2005 at 4:27 PM

What error messages?

My python page
My ShareCG freebies

Robo2010 ( ) posted Wed, 09 February 2005 at 4:39 PM · edited Wed, 09 February 2005 at 4:43 PM

file_157796.jpg

Oh darn...here is a pic.

In the readme file.. "Before starting the script, select the offending part of the CLOTHING........" Umm..just realized one thing. Will put in the Python folder. Dunno if will make a difference. Will see.

Message edited on: 02/09/2005 16:43

ockham ( ) posted Wed, 09 February 2005 at 4:43 PM

Thanks for showing the error. I wonder if it's a disagreement between internal name and external name? I'll check that point...

My python page
My ShareCG freebies

Robo2010 ( ) posted Wed, 09 February 2005 at 4:51 PM · edited Wed, 09 February 2005 at 4:53 PM

file_157798.jpg

Here is another sample. Wish the people who make outfits make more dials for the chest area. I have one outfit that does all that with breast sizes. Yeah, I can use magnets, but they are more of a pain.

Message edited on: 02/09/2005 16:53

ockham ( ) posted Wed, 09 February 2005 at 4:53 PM

Hmm. Can you do a screenshot of what the panel looks like just before you hit Go? I'm trying to figure out which parts of the human are showing in the list box.

My python page
My ShareCG freebies

Robo2010 ( ) posted Wed, 09 February 2005 at 5:19 PM

file_157800.jpg

K...here is a sample. I was wondering if I did something wrong. Shown in Circles. I prob selected the wrong part of the outfit. This is before I pressed go.

Robo2010 ( ) posted Wed, 09 February 2005 at 5:21 PM

file_157801.jpg

Another one after I press "Make Morph"

ockham ( ) posted Wed, 09 February 2005 at 5:34 PM

Okay, I think I see the general nature of the problem. The clothing probably has 'dummy' parts with no real mesh. This is common, and the script should take care of it without giving errors. I'll work on this tonight! Again thanks for showing the errors in detail; that's the only way these things can get fixed.

My python page
My ShareCG freebies

Teyon ( ) posted Sat, 09 April 2005 at 8:01 PM

I'd like to see a script that could assist in setting up bones systems in poser. Similar to a Virtual Mirror in other programs (like WINGS), where we would need to work on only half an object and the program mirrors our actions to the other side. Would it be possible to create a script that does this for creating bones in poser? Example, I creat the bones for the fingers, hand, forearm and shoulder while at the same time, the PC mirrors these bones to the other half of the model. Being able to turn it on and off would be needed for connecting the sides to the chest and hip. Was that clear? I think i could explain it better or provide an animated gif or something.

destro75 ( ) posted Sun, 01 May 2005 at 12:49 AM

I think I figured out where the errors are coming from in the NoPoke script.

On lines 195, and 289, there are only 1 set of parens. You need to double them up. Like so:

195: InnerAngles.append((Dist,bi,dX,dY,dZ)) # need the body index here!
289: OldMorphs.append((OneParm.Name(),OneParm.Value()))

I added the extra parens and now it works.

yarddog ( ) posted Fri, 13 May 2005 at 11:57 PM

file_157802.jpg

I have a question on Nopoke What am I doing wrong? Every time I run the script I get this error Here v3 with bat beltstyle conformed and selected no other window but this error window. P4pp

destro75 ( ) posted Mon, 16 May 2005 at 12:41 PM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/messages.ez?Form.ShowMessage=2239526

Not sure why my original posting disappeared, however, see the attached post link to go to my thread on the NoPoke script. The issue I found was a matter of parentheses. Take a look at the post, and then make sure all the parens are input correctly in your copy of the script.

yarddog ( ) posted Tue, 17 May 2005 at 2:34 AM

Thanks, but already did that fix still have this problem. No time to dig for more problems now. Think I'll stick to magnets less hassel. Thanks anyway;)

PapaLazarou ( ) posted Sun, 29 May 2005 at 9:19 PM

can someone make me a script? fairly simple i would think, but i dont know where to begin myself. I want to, rotate the main camera around the y axis. render frames, 5,10,45,50,55,60,65,70 and save each one as a png file. then repeat what's above, 8 times, with a different camera position each time.

Roy G ( ) posted Sun, 05 June 2005 at 2:46 PM

I'm looking for a script that will take the real world position of a figures hip, and apply that positioning to the hip, while clearing out the "Body" rotations (setting them to Zero).

I'm trying to create new pose files with figures interacting. Many times I can get the pose just right, except that the figure needs to be rotated a little. If the hip is tilted it's difficult to accomplish. Rotating the body rotates the figure in the real world the way I would like. But that info is not saved in a pose file. So what I would like to do is take that real world positioning, and apply it to the hip. So when I save the new pose, the figure will face the right way.

artistheat ( ) posted Mon, 06 June 2005 at 10:38 AM

I don't know if a script will work or it needs a plug in...Something that will work in the face room so you can use MilPeople with it...Now that would be a must have for many....So who's working on it...LOL...

PapaLazarou ( ) posted Sun, 26 June 2005 at 9:36 AM

is there something odd known about poser5? through a script, i'm trying to save a render from a new/popup window, but it only saves a preview image from the preview window.... ie an unrendered pic which is the wrong size (not the size of the popup window)

mylemonblue ( ) posted Sat, 09 July 2005 at 9:42 PM

How about a script that lets you copy morph targets from character CR2's in your library or PZ3'd ones to your figure in the pose room on the fly?

My brain is just a toy box filled with weird things

ashara ( ) posted Fri, 05 August 2005 at 11:54 AM

I'm interested in a script that makes it possible to copy and mirror a hair group to the other side of the skullcap. i already read that it's only possible in poser 6. has someone yet written such a script?

hirumono ( ) posted Tue, 29 November 2005 at 5:45 AM

Hello, I'd like to "revamp" some ideas which were posted here some time ago; sorry if they already found an answer, but as I don't see anything here, I'm asking... a) a script which would (recursively?) read the .obj's stored into a directory, and load (NOT inject) them, one by one, in their matching body part (i.e.: head_wince2 -> head body part, morph: wince2); this would make up both for Poser's horrible morph loading interface, and for limited INJ channels (I have a table of morphs, made by me or converted from other figures, which I must read every time I make a new INJ so that it doesn't overlap the others... and I'm running out of channels!). b) a script able to read every INJected morph target's name and see if its value equals zero; if this is the condition, the morph is REMoved. (I don't know if this can be done automatically, or if it requires the matching REM script; if so, a table file could be written to index all major Poser figures, like Unimesh characters etc..) @ Ockham: thanks for all your scripts!! They're lifesavers, especially your MTbyGroup allowed me to trim my morphs in ways I could never have dreamt of!

gezinorgiva ( ) posted Tue, 29 November 2005 at 8:02 AM

PoserFusion (like in Shade) for Blender.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.