Tue, Oct 22, 2:39 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 22 1:40 am)

Subject: Poser 5 Render assistance please.

OReillyTX ( ) posted Thu, 29 April 2004 at 2:48 PM · edited Tue, 22 October 2024 at 2:36 AM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity, violence

file_107625.jpg

Howdy, Can someone please tell me whats the causation for Poser 5 to refuse to render this image in production mode default values, but render it in draft mode. It just freezes when it gets to "Adding Objects..." I had asked this before in a post,the response wasnt really helpfull since there is no neftis hair present.I figured I would try to illustrate and my issue better. Image Item List: Daz3d: M3 with m3 textures M3 body suit M3 beard M3 cowboy items Mil hores Mil horse tac Mil enviroment Renderosity: Jpeters M3 BHS texture Lighting is default set for Mil enviroment. (Censor block is postwork) I really need an answerto the causation or a solution to this issue. Thank you in advance.

eirian ( ) posted Fri, 30 April 2004 at 2:38 AM

It happens because in production mode the renderer takes longer to process everything - the render itself will be more detailed. It might not be freezing - it could just be taking a long time to load everything. Or it could be taking too long and freezing on you. I find it hard to tell the difference, sometimes :-) Neftis' hairs are a problem because of the grouping. That could be a problem with other products but none of those you've listed are known to have this issue. Turn off raytracing if you're not using it - from the image you've posted you don't have any reflections or anything so you should be able to do that without losing quality. Also if there are any objects outside the camera view, delete them from the scene: firefly loads them even if it can't "see" them, slowing down renders. Beyond that, what settings are you using, exactly? (Sorry, but I have my own defaults programmed in, I don't know what the poser defaults are any more.)

eirian ( ) posted Fri, 30 April 2004 at 2:40 AM

Oh, you could also try decreasing the bucket size: your render will take longer (possibly a lot longer), but I haven't experienced any firefly crashes since I started using a bucket size 16.

compiler ( ) posted Fri, 30 April 2004 at 3:40 AM

"M3 with m3 textures M3 body suit M3 beard M3 cowboy items Mil hores Mil horse tac Mil enviroment" Wow. That's a high polycount ! How big is your RAM ? If it's only 512, that could be the problem...

OReillyTX ( ) posted Fri, 30 April 2004 at 9:21 AM

In production mode for this image there is no ray tracing selected.There are no off camera objects.No Neftis hair. I let P5 take over an hour at the "Adding Objects..." Just to be sure it was a crash , and indeed it was. I tried decrereasing the bucket size to 16 with no success. Hardware I am rendering it on is a Intel P3.2ghz 1gig of Corsair ram. Yes it is a hi poly count but I should be able to render it. It renders just fine in Draft mode. My produsction render settings are: Displace on; Remove backface polys on;poly smoothing on;Min shading rate.250;pixle samples 3;bucket size 32:post filter size 1; no depth of field or motion blurr. hope that helps someone figure out whats going on here.

gmadone ( ) posted Fri, 30 April 2004 at 12:06 PM

SR4.1? I think SR3 had a high poly production bug. What OS? Lights?

OReillyTX ( ) posted Fri, 30 April 2004 at 12:12 PM

Yes SR4.1 My OS is XP Pro , all drivers and service packs installed are up to date. Light set is the one provided with the Daz3D Mil environment.

gmadone ( ) posted Fri, 30 April 2004 at 3:39 PM

Watch the task manager, if Poser.exe's mem usage is updating it is still running. (Dont jump the gun here, Poser may be still for a few moments, but not minutes) Poser is a RAM hog and may want more. Try smooth polys off. Change the render size. Adjust camera angle or focal. Next I would delete characters and props one at a time from the scene. (Start with the high poly stuff to reduce render time). It's going to be something, possibly limits to what poser can do. A screenshot of the render settings might shed some more light.

compiler ( ) posted Sat, 01 May 2004 at 4:57 AM

Do you render with many lights that each have the shadow map option ? Multiple shadow maps (especially with high settings) have made pictures freeze for me before. You could try to switch all lights to raytrace shadows to see if it changes something ?

OReillyTX ( ) posted Sat, 01 May 2004 at 8:03 AM

There is no shadows or raytracing in the render settings for the image.The light set has like 6-8 lights.No advanced features,shaders,raytraced or displaced textures. Actually this is the 4th project in a row Ive run into this "brickwall" I am mad as hell with Pooser 5.There seems to be some loball limits Ive run into which is a crock of shit. Having to delete characters and props is absurd...then its no longer the same image.There is not THAT many objects in the scene.

raven ( ) posted Sun, 02 May 2004 at 6:11 AM

Try disconnecting any bump maps that are being used, see if that helps. Another thing is to maybe downsize the larger textures in a paint program and see if that helps. I've had to do that before sometimes.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.