Tue, Sep 24, 7:22 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 24 6:31 am)

Subject: Different Poer Model Types

sicowan ( ) posted Sat, 01 May 2004 at 5:33 AM ยท edited Tue, 24 September 2024 at 7:21 AM

Hi, This may sound daft to a lot of people, but as a newcomer to 3D (Poser especially) I would just like some clarification on the following. I see in the freestuff, on both this site and others, there are always items available for specific poser models i.e. posette, V3 michael etc. I understand that Daz creates many of these models to purchase and use and there are good descriptions of these models on their website, but what I'm wondering is wether there is an official or unofficial list of all the other different poser models available, both commercial and non commercial. If there is and its in an obvious place then I apologise for wasting time. (As an addition Im just starting using ZBrush 2 at work, its incredibly good...) Thank you, Sicowan.

TygerCub ( ) posted Sat, 01 May 2004 at 7:43 AM

If you use Poser4, then there will be basic human figures included: man, woman, boy, girl, baby. These figures are packaged both in dressed and nude versions. If you use Poser 5, then the figures from P3 & P4 are included as well as new human models: Don, Judy, Penny, Will, and a baby. These figures were als packaged in both dressed and nude versions. DAZ3d.com offers higher resolution humans named Michael, Vickie, Stephanie and baby. These figures have gone through several versions and are currently on version 3. They are completely original figures that have their own clothing line as well as versions of the model that will accept the clothing put out for the original Poser4 models. Sixus.com offers a variety of original models that are heavy on the sci-fi/horror theme. Worth looking at if you are interested in Chuthulu and classic horror characters like werewolves and aliens. vistainternetproducts.com offers one of the best selection of detailed, accurate animal models. The site has expanded into other meshes, but its menagerie is its strongest selling point. www.cubed.ie is beginning to offer high quality original models. Their baby meshes are the best out there so far, and rumor has it they are reworking many of the animals originally offered in Poser. This is welcomed news for folks wanting more realistic critters not carried by Vista. I'm sure I've missed stores, but these are the ones I could think of right away. Hope this helps... and Welcome to the Poser Addiction!

melanie ( ) posted Sat, 01 May 2004 at 8:18 AM

DAZ also has the preteen and preschool boy and girl. Melanie

pakled ( ) posted Sat, 01 May 2004 at 10:27 AM

Studio Maya has the Maya Doll, and there's a boatload of accessories for her..most are free..;) There was a 'lalala' character offered recently, and keep an eye on Daz..they have occasional free characters (have Sarah, but haven't found many clothes for her yet..and it creeps me out to have someone that young in a picture unclothed..sorry, but I have a 19-year-old daughter..changes yer perspective..;)
I think Mighty Lady has some characters, hasdrubal, and there's a plethora of robots out there.. go through freestuff, go to the 3d links forum and see if my links list is still there..I've got 400 poser sites in it for resources alone..good luck.

I wish I'd said that.. The Staircase Wit

anahl nathrak uth vas betude doth yel dyenvey..;)

SamTherapy ( ) posted Sat, 01 May 2004 at 8:34 PM

Dina V by DSI, Neftoon Gal by Neftis, Natalia/Natrixa by DCort, and about a million (well, 3 or 4) others.

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

hauksdottir ( ) posted Mon, 03 May 2004 at 5:46 AM

Attached Link: http://www.3dcommune.com/

3dcommune has another handful of figures not on this list. They are getting good support (clothes, poses, morphs, and freebies). Right now they are concentrating on Alexa.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.