Thu, Sep 19, 3:18 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 2:39 pm)

Subject: Heavies Hippolicious poll.

Gareee ( ) posted Sat, 08 May 2004 at 10:35 AM · edited Thu, 19 September 2024 at 3:16 PM

I don;t think this is a product showcase thing, because I'm wanting development feedback from the community, not just people "shopping". I was just thinking of the usage of these, and wanted to know what you guys think. I currently have mor/mat and Injection poses that convert the jacked up Hippos into the new character bases. You then load what ever props you want used on them, be it cow horns, moose horns, the right tails, ect. Wouldn't it be easier to just load the character with everything stuck on them already, if they are saved as grouped figures? Can poser 4/pp not do this? Example.. Normally, I load the hippo, inject the mats and morphs, add the needed props, and character props. Wouldn't that just be easier to just load a character saved with all the props and/or needed characters grouped already? Instead of having to add everything separately? Any poser downsides to this? I'm just looking at that way I load them here, and other then testing, I always just load the assembled characters. I've already submitted them to Daz, but nothing's been released yet, and can still add these additions.

Way too many people take way too many things way too seriously.

genny ( ) posted Sat, 08 May 2004 at 12:43 PM

Hi Gareee, I really don't know the technical part of your question (any poser downsides to this?) but I personally like the characters to load with everything stuck onto them already. If I don't want something there, I just make it invisible which I find much easier and less time consuming. (: Just my 2 cents, but I do love the hippos and bought the sherriff morph for them........AND, I have been waiting patiently for the "Zoo" morphs that you posted on the Products forum. (: Plan to get those too! (:

MachineClaw ( ) posted Sat, 08 May 2004 at 2:16 PM

If you wanted the Cow, Moose and turtle from your pack in one scene how much button pushing are ya doing? inj here, inj there. Or for your customers 3 button pushes cow boom done, moose boom done. etc. Since unlike Vicki where mixing and matching for variaty all the injs are there, your package is toon characters that are complete. Having a one button ready inj character file makes sence and it's easyer for customers. Leaving all the inj files there as well gives people the chance to play around and make different stuff later if they really want to mess around and make a Cow-oose-urtle character. You've done a bang up job on making a Hippo more virsitle, but making it simple for customers is always a nice added bonus too.

Gareee ( ) posted Sat, 08 May 2004 at 2:19 PM

I was thinking the same thing, guys.. thanks for the info.

pakled ( ) posted Sat, 08 May 2004 at 3:37 PM

I've just started loading characters..and nothing would make me happier than to have a basic set of clothes, and a head of hair..just to start off with..don't know how many times now I've gotten the model loaded, and she doesn't have a thing to wear..;) just a thought..

I wish I'd said that.. The Staircase Wit

anahl nathrak uth vas betude doth yel dyenvey..;)

Gareee ( ) posted Sat, 08 May 2004 at 3:43 PM

Well, I don;t want to load everything, but the cow and bull could also have the collar and cowbell as well.. and the cow could also have the Cowbell earrings... I'm just wondering what the reason is why people don;t do this.. there must be something...

pokeydots ( ) posted Sat, 08 May 2004 at 3:51 PM

If it comes preloaded, how hard is it to seperate the items and resave? I like mine seperate, so as to use it on other characters if I want. Just my 2 cents :)

Poser 9 SR3  and 8 sr3
=================
Processor Type:  AMD Phenom II 830 Quad-Core
2.80GHz, 4000MHz System Bus, 2MB L2 Cache + 6MB Shared L3 Cache
Hard Drive Size:  1TB
Processor - Clock Speed:  2.8 GHz
Operating System:  Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 
Graphics Type:  ATI Radeon HD 4200
•ATI Radeon HD 4200 integrated graphics 
System Ram:  8GB 

Dizzie ( ) posted Sat, 08 May 2004 at 3:59 PM

my favorite products are the ones that have it all separate (then I can use parts on other things) AND also includes a one click/loads it all...if I'm going to use the character and his props I much prefer to load all at once then have to do it one by one...I can honestly say there have been times when I was either tired or in a hurry and when I had to load it all one at a time, I used something else.... some people say just load everything myself and then save it back to the library...well, I say if it's so easy (it is but time consuming)then why can't the vendor just do it and include it in the package.... We live in a fast paced world and anything that saves time sells better.

Gareee ( ) posted Sat, 08 May 2004 at 4:05 PM

Well, all the tem are already saved as separate props.. I'm just wondering if a "all that" option would be worth the extra file size. Granted, people could go through the whole thing, and save them out themsevles, assembled, but decreasing the hassle is part of my job as a poser artist.

Gareee ( ) posted Sat, 08 May 2004 at 4:14 PM

Ok, I'll send an update to daz for both animal expansions (Barnyard and Stampede) with assembled characters. I'll see what they think as well, but I know I prefer it, rather then everyone trying to load everything to make the same characters I did. Couldn't tell ya how many times I forgot to load eyebrows, eyelashes, or earrings...

Towal ( ) posted Sat, 08 May 2004 at 5:11 PM

I think having both options would be nice. Being new to poser I find that I often times forget something little when first starting out with a character so having a ready to load one would be great. Having it both ways is nice for everyone..newbies and experienced users.

Towal (im)Patiently waiting on the MOOSE to be released :)

Gareee ( ) posted Sat, 08 May 2004 at 5:19 PM

Me, tooooo, Towal! Might be a day delay beacuse of me adding these, but I should be able to zip them up tomorrow, and just email them on to add to the existing installs they already have. I'm JUST guessing, but I think the Hippolicious pack will be Monday (and maybe capsce's Krystal puppet upgrade), and on tues would be both the Barnyard and Stampede sets, unless something's screwed with the injection packs I sent them. P-Wizard doesn't know injections yet, and doesn;t automitically add them to the packs yet...

Towal ( ) posted Sat, 08 May 2004 at 5:45 PM

I gave in an bought the new Krytal packs that came out even though I was trying really hard to wait for your packs so now actually waiting till Friday wouldn't be a Bad Thing for me. I'm now thinking I might have to get the log cabin sets from RDNA for some western type renders too.

3ddave44 ( ) posted Sat, 08 May 2004 at 7:22 PM

I do prefer everything separate. I'd rather not wait for things to load only to have to remove some or all of them. Besides, a file can be saved by the user once they've loaded everything they want on it and used forever more as a fully loaded character. Dave

Gareee ( ) posted Sat, 08 May 2004 at 7:50 PM

I've thought about that, Dave, but if you wanted to load the cow, wouldn't you want the hooves loaded? If you were loading the pig, wouldn't you want the curly tail loaded? I can understand, say in the case of a clothing/character set combo, but for loading the basic characters, loading everything at once kind of makes sense. During developement, I always have the the complete characters ready to load, so I don't have to flip all over creation looking for injections, looking for mat poses, props that are needed, ect. I'm not thinking of loading, say the complete sheriff with a character.. I'm looking at just adding the complete characters to the set, so they can be loaded faster, and played with quicker. The standard method will still be in place, so if you really want to load the base, inject the mor/mat pose, add the needed props and such, you still can, but this will eliminate a few steps for quickie setup. If daz doesn't want it in the main set, I can always create a freebie that requires the set, and it will be for quick characters.

pdxjims ( ) posted Sat, 08 May 2004 at 8:12 PM

Easy enough, do both methods. If I want to load a pig, it'd be very nice to have the pig preloaded for me. However, If I wanted a hippo with a pig snout, and moose antlers, then I'd rather piece them together. By packaging it both ways, you provide the maximum versitility, and versitility is what we all want. I really like the idea of a hippo with a pig snout. I'd also love an fat alligator. Election coming up, and I need fodder.

Gareee ( ) posted Sat, 08 May 2004 at 8:19 PM

LOL!! well, that's actually how this all started out... a hippo with a pig snout. I wanted to see what I could do wih him. Funny thing is, I morphed the pigs nout wrong, and it actually became the cow snount! My wife and I kept looking at it thinking something was wrong, until I googled pig, and took a look at dsome more pictures of them.

Dizzie ( ) posted Sat, 08 May 2004 at 9:22 PM

"If daz doesn't want it in the main set, I can always create a freebie that requires the set, and it will be for quick characters." I think that's an excellent idea! Then the ones that don't want it and the extra file size don't have to get it...

Gareee ( ) posted Sat, 08 May 2004 at 9:26 PM

Yep. That's what I ended up doing with the ninja accessories for the turtle. I did them, but just didn't want to do UV maps for them.. they really don't need them. Daz can't accept things without uv maps for sale, but the can accept them for freebies.

elgyfu ( ) posted Sun, 09 May 2004 at 4:03 AM

Hi, please excuse me being thick - but what exactly are you guys talking about? I have the Heavies hippos and elephants from Daz - is there a new expansion pack coming? Can they become pigs etc already? I can not find anything like this?

Gareee ( ) posted Sun, 09 May 2004 at 7:29 AM

The intent of this thread was to hopefully find out (from one of the technical guys who know everything), if there is a reason why characters aren't released in the character folder, with all thier props n such already attached. I don't want this to become an advertising thread, but if you check the product showcase, there are two threads about new items I'm releasing soon, and one over at Daz3d. Daz's thread also has some great images of Dark Whisper's new guy coming out in a few weeks. Here are the links: http://www.renderosity.com/messages.ez?Form.ShowMessage=1760725 http://forum.daz3d.com/viewtopic.php?t=4376 http://www.renderosity.com/messages.ez?ForumID=12413&Form.ShowMessage=1763252

Gareee ( ) posted Sun, 09 May 2004 at 7:30 AM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/messages.ez?Form.ShowMessage=1760725

In clickable format.. (if ONLY we had editing ability....)

Gareee ( ) posted Sun, 09 May 2004 at 7:30 AM

Gareee ( ) posted Sun, 09 May 2004 at 7:31 AM

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.