Thu, Oct 3, 11:23 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 02 9:25 am)

Subject: i want to make high quality close up image and video of Tawnie for V3

renderclipps ( ) posted Mon, 10 May 2004 at 12:04 AM ยท edited Fri, 16 August 2024 at 1:17 PM

Hi All I've just purchased Tawnie for V3! http://market.renderosity.com/softgood.ez?ViewSoftgood=16820 and presumed because it contained high quality maps, I'd be able to get excellent close up shots, just like in their advert. The only way I seemed able to do this was by using a frame size of 3000x2400 and a resolution of 250 pix/inch and appropriate lighting. (I imagine if I increased the resolution I'd get even better results) 1) Would purchasing V3 Xtreme Close Up improve the quality of Tawnie's already high quality maps? 2) I can't seem to get my lip's as good as theirs. Mine isn't as glossy or detailed. Any ideas? 3) I also want to output to DV video which has a frame size of 720x576. What's the best way to obtain maximum closeup detail for video? 4) Any advice on a good closeup lighting package. Thanks

neilp ( ) posted Mon, 10 May 2004 at 6:03 AM

Hi resolution maps need to be rendered in a high resolution to look their best. As for the glossy lips, etc. It is very possible that the merchant did a little bit of postwork to the promotional image. Poser 5 does have a "Glossy" node that you can add to your lip texture but I have found this can be a little too extreme for most of the work I do. Postworking a video clip is more difficult but there are applications out there such as Adobe After Efects that can help you... not cheap though.

renderclipps ( ) posted Mon, 10 May 2004 at 6:39 AM

Thanks I'm thinking of purchasing V3 Xtreme Close Up (from Daz)would it improve the quality of Tawnie since she already has high quality maps. Would V3 Xtreme Close only work with V3 or would be compatible with Tawnie. i.e Is it only going to add freckles etc to Tawnieand not actually improve the quality of her maps? Cheers

Marque ( ) posted Mon, 10 May 2004 at 10:06 AM

If a merchant does postwork and doesn't state it then I would never buy from that merchant again. One of my pet peeves is buying something that turns out to be "enhanced" for the ad. That's bait and switch pure and simple and is NOT acceptable. Marque

miked123 ( ) posted Mon, 10 May 2004 at 12:26 PM

I think Tawnie is an excellent model, a long time favorite. She should render well close up or at a distance. Getting render settings correct may be where you are having trouble. As far as lips go, you may want to check if there are bump maps or you can adjust the shininess in the material editor. This will be different whether you are in Poser 4 or 5. V3 Extreme is just another character pack just like Tawnie. It provides another set of texture maps, in this case with more freckles. Mask Edit also provides some excellent freckle packs here. I am assuming that you want to use the Tawnie character morph, which changes the shape of her head and body with another texture map. Most character packs allow you to apply the morphs and textures separately. Tawnie should be good enough for DV and she renders well for me. DAZ global lighting pack 2 is nice. Also the free lighting kits at RDNA (including simulated HDRI) are good. The lighting will make a big difference in the quality of your renders.

Bobasaur ( ) posted Mon, 10 May 2004 at 3:25 PM

"I also want to output to DV video which has a frame size of 720x576." Just as confirmation; Those are the specs for PAL format DV. If you're in North America or Japan we use NTSC format - 720 x 480 rectangular pixels or 720 x 540 square pixels. ( I hope I don't come across as being patronizing but I've seen so many questions here about video I thought I'd better point that out.)

Before they made me they broke the mold!
http://home.roadrunner.com/~kflach/

Finister ( ) posted Mon, 10 May 2004 at 7:58 PM

What kind of lighting are you using? Infinite lighting in Poser can make skin look flat. Have you tired a single spotlight on her face? Traveler and Colm have made some awesome free spotlight light sets at RDNA. I also believe Traveler has a 'shine' skin tone pak too. In my experience, most venders are straight up about whether or not they used postwork in their ad pics. Maybe ask Morris how she obtained her lighting results. Fin

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.