Mon, Oct 7, 4:31 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Community Center

Welcome to the Community Center Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Community Center F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 07 9:52 am)

Forum news, updates, events, etc. Please sitemail any notices or questions for the staff to the Forum Moderators.

Subject: and The Taven

Kate ( ) posted Mon, 10 May 2004 at 8:48 AM · edited Mon, 07 October 2024 at 4:28 PM

ah well.........

Teri ( ) posted Mon, 10 May 2004 at 10:27 AM

hellooooooo..........hellooooooooooo......hellooooooo is there a big echo in here?? where'd everybody go??? http://groups.yahoo.com/group/rosityofftopichideout/ come'on over Kate, drinks are on the first one who starts whining :)

mateo_sancarlos ( ) posted Mon, 10 May 2004 at 1:25 PM

What's the big deal? There must be plenty of groups that will gladly welcome all the OT refugees.

Teri ( ) posted Mon, 10 May 2004 at 1:41 PM

mateo see the link in post #2 :) there is such a place, come'on over ;)

hmatienzo ( ) posted Mon, 10 May 2004 at 4:43 PM

Thank heaven there is still freedom of speech in effect over at That Other Place! Let them shoot themselves in the foot here, like who cares??

L'ultima fòrza è nella morte.

manleystanley ( ) posted Mon, 10 May 2004 at 5:36 PM

still haven't got my e-mail from yahoo.

IndigoSplash ( ) posted Mon, 10 May 2004 at 5:45 PM

"still haven't got my e-mail from yahoo. " You should have gotten it by now, unless the server that holds your email addy is having technical difficulties. Might wanna try again.

manleystanley ( ) posted Mon, 10 May 2004 at 5:51 PM

No, I figured it out, I have gestopoe spam controle, only e-mails with addresses in my address book are excepted. Daaaaaaa yahoo is not in my book. Will fix and see.

manleystanley ( ) posted Mon, 10 May 2004 at 6:05 PM

Ya, I'm there, but maybe not, don't like the set up.

hmatienzo ( ) posted Mon, 10 May 2004 at 6:23 PM

You notice, though, that nobopdy has the balls to come out and discuss this... "Because I said so, that's why" like we are little kids. Truly the act of cowards.

L'ultima fòrza è nella morte.

dialyn ( ) posted Mon, 10 May 2004 at 7:41 PM

I'm not defending the decision (because I don't agree with it) and I am clueless about why the Tavern disappeared (unless it was feared that the OT people would start smashing the place up), but I believe the reason that they have not come out to discuss the issue is that there is a policy that the administrators/moderators/coordinators avoid getting in quibbles with the membership. Yes, this has happened in the past, which is why the administrators/moderators/coordinators make the effort to take the high road now. If you haven't noticed, they rarely try to defend themselves. This isn't cowardice. It takes a lot of self-control not to respond to anger with anger. And the fact is that many people don't want to hear the reasons, they just want to argue and use any incident as an excuse to do another round of Rendosity bashing. Saying all that, I don't think it was a particularly good decision because the OT served the function of providing a place for stray conversations and letting off steam. But I'm not running the place and I'm not paying the bills, so I have to either stay and respect the decisions of the people who do, or go to another site. My choice. And yours.

jchimim ( ) posted Mon, 10 May 2004 at 9:15 PM

"many people don't want to hear the reasons, they just want to argue and use any incident as an excuse to do another round of Rendosity bashing." That's true, but closing it with no good reason pisses off a lot of folks, while valid, honest reasons might win some folks back. Contrary to how the mods often treat the members, most of us are intelligent, reasonable adults.

odeathoflife ( ) posted Tue, 11 May 2004 at 12:06 AM

your key word was "most", I figure this was a case of a few wreck it for the rest

♠Ω Poser eZine Ω♠
♠Ω Poser Free Stuff Ω♠
♠Ω My Homepage Ω♠

www.3rddimensiongraphics.net

LillianH ( ) posted Tue, 11 May 2004 at 8:59 AM

Some valid questions and concerns. Since I already have my "explorer outfit" on, let me see what can be discovered about this mystery. We may just need to shine a light on the subject for it to become clear. I'll be back, LillianH

Lillian Hawkins
Marketing Manager
By serving each other, we are free.

dialyn ( ) posted Tue, 11 May 2004 at 5:10 PM

for the silly things that can serve to amuse. OT wasn't always about bashing. Sometimes it had whimsical things like the "Where Have I Been" site for tracking money. I know it's useless, but sometimes it was fun to have a place where there was an amusement or something funny or something unusual posted. I skipped past all the smoking threads after awhile...I knew it would be the same old thing...but I looked for those fascinating gems of trivia. And now they won't exist as a reminder that we tend to take ourselves way too seriously. Oh well. I'm not into blaming the site administrators for these things happening. I think the community needs to look at itself once in awhile and say maybe we go too far. Expressing an opinion is one thing. Driving another point into a person's heart is another. And I speak as a person who has both driven and been driven. I nearly left the site at one point because of harassment. And then I decided, it wasn't worth it to me. So now I ignore some people, and I treasure others, and I will miss the ones who shared the funny and odd stuff. :(

Bobasaur ( ) posted Tue, 11 May 2004 at 7:05 PM

Attached Link: http://www.rathergood.com/laibach/

And who can forget, "Fear the kittens" Just in case: http://www.rathergood.com/laibach/

Before they made me they broke the mold!
http://home.roadrunner.com/~kflach/

dialyn ( ) posted Tue, 11 May 2004 at 7:43 PM

Attached Link: http://users.wolfcrews.com/toys/vikings/

I wish they hadn't removed the Viking Kittens, but they still exist in what I am sure is a bootlegged copy. I have my very own Vahalla, here I come, Viking Kitten mug from rathergood. Ah, memories.

Kate ( ) posted Wed, 12 May 2004 at 6:23 AM

personally I think if they just put a ban on talking politics for three threads in a row :) things might have been better ...and again, ah well.......

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.